Top 5 PvP Guilds on Shadowlands

RyanReagan

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have a lot of free time on your hands with the new server and all. At least you have Dedrayge to keep you company while you guys are cheering from the sidelines ;)

I do have some free time here and there. I don't understand what you mean by that 2nd sentence, but I'll assume it's another dig at ID by some dude who wouldn't queue for ranked against them.

How's it going for you guys over at POT5? I've tried to follow the server forums but not much has been said and Aluvian has as far as I can tell not been streaming rateds.

Things are going good. Aluvian doesn't stream rated matches. Even with a huge delay, it still gives more information to the other teams than we would like to give. There are rated matches pretty much every weeknight and the level of competition is great. The POT5 forums are pretty pathetic, as things that are pvp-competition related get trolled and eventually deleted by moderators. There's a facebook group of some sort, which, personally, I have difficulty following most of the time.

I do have some free time here and there. I don't understand what you mean by that 2nd sentence, but I'll assume it's another dig at ID by some dude who wouldn't queue for ranked against them.

Dude, that wasn't a dig at ID, it was directed at us.

He considers us cheerleaders.

:w_mad:

Edited by Dedrayge

1. Infinite Darkness

2. Physics

3. Dark Jesters

4. Wook

5. Wanted

FACT.

Honestly Wook and Wanted are the only ones I'm familiar with on your list and I lol at Wook...they only good if they gang up on you but suck 1 v 1

I don't get how physics still ends up on a list...they practically disbanded back in February...they haven't had more than 2 people on at once since like late April...

Physics gets on the list cause they are still better than what is left.

I just don't understand why the remaining pvp guilds don't want to move to POT5.

I haven't done any ranked matches, but I can say that there's a marked improvement in regular matches and it would only get better if more pvp guilds moved over.

If you spend the majority of your time in-game PvPing, then why wouldn't you want to increase the enjoyment you get out of it by moving to a server that provides a better environment for that?

Is it a money issue? Too many PVE friends on SL that you don't want to leave behind? Or is just case of being apathetic about moving for better pvp?

I just don't understand why the remaining pvp guilds don't want to move to POT5.

I haven't done any ranked matches, but I can say that there's a marked improvement in regular matches and it would only get better if more pvp guilds moved over.

If you spend the majority of your time in-game PvPing, then why wouldn't you want to increase the enjoyment you get out of it by moving to a server that provides a better environment for that?

Is it a money issue? Too many PVE friends on SL that you don't want to leave behind? Or is just case of being apathetic about moving for better pvp?

To be honest, I think the normal warzone matches on POT5 are pathetic. I wish I could just do my normals here. POT5 is so competitive that if people feel they're going to lose they quit within the first 30 seconds.

Aside from money, friends, and apathy, there is stability here.

At least for us, we weren't stable enough in terms of players for ranked and summer schedules to risk the move right when transfers came out. Now, having seen Exitium fall to pieces and even ID lose a couple of key players, stability and having the people you want to play with in your guild seems to be > pot5.

To be honest, I think the normal warzone matches on POT5 are pathetic. I wish I could just do my normals here. POT5 is so competitive that if people feel they're going to lose they quit within the first 30 seconds.

True, there are a lot of quitters on POT5, but overall I've had a better time in regs on POT5.

Maybe it's just the time of day that I play at.

Or don't want to reward Bioware for doing a horrible job handling PvP in this game.

Obviously, the ranked competition on pot5 is incredibly stiff, so before moving up a league so to speak, I think a lot of players on our server would prefer to keep developing at our own level before making the step up.

Regular warzones are going to be hot and cold no matter which server. I'm sure there's just as many baddies on pot5 as there are on shadowlands.

Do you really miss us that much? :o

Aside from money, friends, and apathy, there is stability here.

At least for us, we weren't stable enough in terms of players for ranked and summer schedules to risk the move right when transfers came out. Now, having seen Exitium fall to pieces and even ID lose a couple of key players, stability and having the people you want to play with in your guild seems to be > pot5.

ID was going to lose one those of players at the end of summer anyways.

I'm losing my jig buddy in a month and a half. :(:(:(:(:(:(

Exitium fell apart? I sense a clash of the titan egos. :eek:

It's very possible to move to a new server with the people wants to play with and keep things stable. It's even possible to find a larger pool of talent in which to add even more stability to a guild. It also means more replacements for ranked PVP...Just saying...

True, there are a lot of quitters on POT5, but overall I've had a better time in regs on POT5.

Maybe it's just the time of day that I play at.

I haven't noticed all these quitters, but meh, the WZ pops are frequent enough that it doesn't matter. I've also been in less olol steam roll matches. I've also been finding the lvl 30 to 54 bracket can be intense.

Obviously, the ranked competition on pot5 is incredibly stiff, so before moving up a league so to speak, I think a lot of players on our server would prefer to keep developing at our own level before making the step up.

Regular warzones are going to be hot and cold no matter which server. I'm sure there's just as many baddies on pot5 as there are on shadowlands.

Do you really miss us that much? :o

Understandable and I'm pretty sure there are quite a few new teams forming up for ranked on PoT5. So, the skill level is obviously going to vary.

Yep, doesn't matter where you go, the baddies are everywhere. Hell, the few months before transferring to PoT5, I seen a **** ton of quitters on this server.

I MISS YOU BABY! Although, there are a few people on SL I'm glad I don't have to deal with anymore.

I'm not surprised ranked has started up again and nobody on Shadowlands should feel bad about it. It's much more fun to play at your level rather than above it, a fact which may eventually cause ID to destroy the ranked scene on Pot5 in a manner similar to pre-transfer Shadowlands. After the first week of ranked angst it's been three caps with ease. So at least you guys were losing to the best all along. #guildpride

I'm not surprised ranked has started up again and nobody on Shadowlands should feel bad about it. It's much more fun to play at your level rather than above it, a fact which may eventually cause ID to destroy the ranked scene on Pot5 in a manner similar to pre-transfer Shadowlands. After the first week of ranked angst it's been three caps with ease. So at least you guys were losing to the best all along. #guildpride

Nobody cares. The fact you have to come back here to seek validation, just sad.

I've actually just transferred back to SL from PoT5. I really did like the PoT5 community. There is something about the PvP focus that makes a PvP'er feel more at home. BUT...after EXITIUM died I just couldn't bring myself to beg for another guild to accept my nerfed PT and almost geared Merc. I also know I have much to learn and don't want to be constantly face-rolled solo Q'ing.

I am fortunate to have several friends on SL and just by chance, to have met in person, my new imp side GM. So, I moved back. So far, it's been great! It's a better fit for me at this point. I will say I am proud that SL produced ID and continues to have the best PvP'ers on any swtor PvE server. LOL, you could consider SL as a farm server for PoT5 and The Bastion. Being a PvE server, we will always have a heavy share of PvP baddies, but the PvP players we produce go on to be the tops in swtor.