Why can Sins combat stealth then use out of combat healing infront of you?

Individual

Because sorcs have been know to run out of force in duels? Because mercs and ops can't control their resources so they don't burn them up on self heals? Because marauders are somehow not able to attack due to lack of resources after using undying rage or stealth?

Go take your obvious bs argument where someone is stupid enough to believe that comment is even relevant, here in reality everybody knows the resource cost is more than manageable in duels and take your ******e attitude with you because we're here giving you facts not qq and ************

The only fact is that self heals require usage of resources. Using a resource to heal means it's not being used to do damage. That is a fact. It doesn't matter how well you manage your resources, using an in combat heal requires resources that could have been used for dps.

OOC healing requires no resources, and in fact gives you resources.

Hence they are not the same thing. That is fact.

Kthxbye.

Edited by Smashbrother

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for one thing, I don't get butthurt, and for two, you can't use companions in warzones? But if you want to take your companion out, I'll take mine out, that simple, you're really deviating from your original argument now... noone agrees with you... just stop.

You can't use on use relics and attack adrenals in WZs either, but you've no problems with people using them in duels. See the hypocrisy?

My argument is that WZ =/= dueling, and you can set whatever rules you want in duels. So if someone wants to ban comps, then so be it. If someone wants to ban OOC heals, then so be it. Ban on use relics and attack adrenals? Fine. It's up to whoever is dueling. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to dueling.

But you and the other idiots are trying to somehow equate WZs with dueling and trying to apply your own rules onto other people when it comes to dueling, but then get all butthurt and yell and whine when other people apply their own rules to you.

Edited by Smashbrother

You can't use on use relics and attack adrenals in WZs either, but you've no problems with people using them in duels. See the hypocrisy?

My argument is that WZ =/= dueling, and you can set whatever rules you want in duels. So if someone wants to ban comps, then so be it. If someone wants to ban OOC heals, then so be it. Ban on use relics and attack adrenals? Fine. It's up to whoever is dueling. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to dueling.

But you and the other idiots are trying to somehow equate WZs with dueling and trying to apply your own rules onto other people when it comes to dueling, but then get all butthurt and yell and whine when other people apply their own rules to you.

Probably because this combo that you are QQing about is built into the Shadow class. Companions are an external character, and relics/adrenals are external items, all of which you can not use in warzones. Yet this combo you are constantly complaining about can be used anywhere, without fail. You want to call it cheap, go ahead. However, if you posed such limitations on me, I'd probably tell you that you also can not use a certain ability combo if we duel, such as Combat Focus + Leap + Force Sweep, because it is so cheap! Your main argument for this is that because it requires resources it is fine while a Shadow's combo is cheap? Give me a break, resource management for most classes is laughably easy. You're just trying to find a technicality so that you can say only this combo is cheap.

The #1 difference? YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT ABILITIES THAT A SHADOW HAS BY DEFAULT SAYING THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO USE THAT ABILITY IN DUELS.

Edited by NamikazeNaruto

well that was quite a entertaining thread, you should see the no of duels i open with a sap and start casting orbital makes the others panic and break cc, while i immediately re stealth and do it again when their resolve is gone, love it. Oh right you guys were whinging about shadows healing, well keep whinging.

Probably because this combo that you are QQing about is built into the Shadow class. Companions are an external character, and relics/adrenals are external items, all of which you can not use in warzones. Yet this combo you are constantly complaining about can be used anywhere, without fail. You want to call it cheap, go ahead. However, if you posed such limitations on me, I'd probably tell you that you also can not use a certain ability combo if we duel, such as Combat Focus + Leap + Force Sweep, because it is so cheap! Your main argument for this is that because it requires resources it is fine while a Shadow's combo is cheap? Give me a break, resource management for most classes is laughably easy. You're just trying to find a technicality so that you can say only this combo is cheap.

The #1 difference? YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT ABILITIES THAT A SHADOW HAS BY DEFAULT SAYING THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO USE THAT ABILITY IN DUELS.

And companions and legacy abilities are something EVERYONE has by default too, and you're complaining about those things.

Stop trying to equate WZs with duels. They are nothing alike and don't follow the same rules.

The only thing that matters for duels is whatever rules you decide to use. Trying to argue anything else is pointless.

Edited by Smashbrother

2. Almost every single class in the game has a similar cheap mechanic. Sorcs and mercs have stun and self heal, ops have same as sins, marauder has undying cheat. Only 2 classes that can't stun and self heal in some way are jug and sniper. That's 2 out of 8 classes.

lol no. only ops/scoundrels and assassins can exit combat and heal themselves (seethe/recharge/meditate/etc.).

3. Sorcs and mercs self heal can be cast during ANY stun or ANY Los, not just ooc so you need to realize which classes to complain about if you think dps self heals is bs

they're heal/dps classes. they're made to do that. and it costs them to heal themselves.

4. There's a 6/8 chance you play a class that has a similar mechanic as explained above so you're more than likely complaining about your own class

/facepalm

what, exactly, can a commando/merc, vg/pt, sorc/sage, gs/sniper, jugg/guard, or sent/mara do that is remotely similar? none of them can exit combat and regen both hp and resources. can they stun? yes. can they mezz? yes. all of those activities initiate or do not terminate combat. therefore, any healing they want to do during that time costs them resources as opposed to gaining resources while regening hp. so while you may or may not disagree that it's a cheap trick or an oversight in duels b/c dueling means next to nothing in pve or pvp, I fail to see how you could possibly equate that ability with anything else any other class is capable of in the game.

and for the tool who says save your breaker...I don't quite think you realize what's going on here. if the opponent BREAKS COMBAT, that means you'd be saving your breaker for a mezz. well guess what? mezzes are SPAMMABLE. do you understand what that means? it means the second you break, you're re-mezz'd for 8s. that's why the pylon channel is a joke. that's why you cannot just sit on your breaker. it's useless. you can only hope that the sin lifts you instead of mezzes you - but I doubt they'd be that dumb cuz they know their own class.

And companions and legacy abilities are something EVERYONE has by default too, and you're complaining about those things.

Stop trying to equate WZs with duels. They are nothing alike and don't follow the same rules.

The only thing that matters for duels is whatever rules you decide to use. Trying to argue anything else is pointless.

For one thing I'm not complaining about the things you say I am, you need some reading comprehension. Second, I guess you didn't read this either, but I'm done arguing with you, no matter what anyone says, you'll continue to think that this combo is cheap in duels. You'll continue to be bad, refuse to listen to anything that differs from your opinion, refuse to try to think of a way to counter this combo instead of merely QQing on the forums. This really is the last post you will see from me directed at you in this thread. I am done.

For one thing I'm not complaining about the things you say I am, you need some reading comprehension. Second, I guess you didn't read this either, but I'm done arguing with you, no matter what anyone says, you'll continue to think that this combo is cheap in duels. You'll continue to be bad, refuse to listen to anything that differs from your opinion, refuse to try to think of a way to counter this combo instead of merely QQing on the forums. This really is the last post you will see from me directed at you in this thread. I am done.

And yet you keep responding like a 2 year old child who doesn't know what self control is.

Who says I don't know how to counter this combo? I've been countering this sap+OOC heal combo since vanilla WoW.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=13213

I loved the amount of tears rogues would shed when they would try to sap and OOC heal, but they can't because I dotted them up as a pally.

In TOR I just use

http://www.torhead.com/item/1FHKosE/wynz-tek-firestorm

and laugh as you try to that combo.

Oh and if you indeed need this combo in order to win a 1v1, lols at you.

Edited by Smashbrother

I don't think that LoSing a sniper while dueling him is cheap actually, it's one of his main weaknesses, and if you exploit it, that makes you a smart player. In a warzone would you not try to LoS him?

A smart sniper in turn will just wait for you to return.

The only thing LoSing a sniper achieves is giving him his cooldowns back.

A head on approach as infiltration worked much better than trying to hide.

A smart sniper in turn will just wait for you to return.

The only thing LoSing a sniper achieves is giving him his cooldowns back.

A head on approach as infiltration worked much better than trying to hide.

Depends on what you're playing. As a ranged class, LoSing sniper and popping out to attack is effective.

lol no. only ops/scoundrels and assassins can exit combat and heal themselves (seethe/recharge/meditate/etc.).

they're heal/dps classes. they're made to do that. and it costs them to heal themselves.

/facepalm

what, exactly, can a commando/merc, vg/pt, sorc/sage, gs/sniper, jugg/guard, or sent/mara do that is remotely similar? none of them can exit combat and regen both hp and resources. can they stun? yes. can they mezz? yes. all of those activities initiate or do not terminate combat. therefore, any healing they want to do during that time costs them resources as opposed to gaining resources while regening hp. so while you may or may not disagree that it's a cheap trick or an oversight in duels b/c dueling means next to nothing in pve or pvp, I fail to see how you could possibly equate that ability with anything else any other class is capable of in the game.

and for the tool who says save your breaker...I don't quite think you realize what's going on here. if the opponent BREAKS COMBAT, that means you'd be saving your breaker for a mezz. well guess what? mezzes are SPAMMABLE. do you understand what that means? it means the second you break, you're re-mezz'd for 8s. that's why the pylon channel is a joke. that's why you cannot just sit on your breaker. it's useless. you can only hope that the sin lifts you instead of mezzes you - but I doubt they'd be that dumb cuz they know their own class.

Except that in order to self heal or cap the stealthy must exit stealth thereby making your entire point about spam able mezz useless

Jesus these are the weakest arguments I've ever seen

And no, it doesn't matter that a sorc has to use force to self heal when he gets 500 force. And I've never heard of a merc filling his heat in a duel. The mechanics are exactly the same and in fact favor merc/sorc since they can heal on simple stuff like range or LOS whereas we get to do it once and only once and a breaker ruins that plan

On top of that our resources regen fast enough to be full after we seethe even if seething costed force. Your arguments are honestly so retarded its funny

But hey, feel free to continue ignoring reality and common sense and just QQ til your brain turns to jelly

Edited by JP_Legatus

Years of playing WoW and up to now I've never dueled someone who told a rogue not to sap and bandage if they got the chance.

Sure bandage is an in combat ability. Eating on the other hand is an out of combat ability and cannot be used unless you are able to break combat.

Imo it's not so much a balance issue but it doesn't seem right that you can be stunned or run around stunning and be out of combat.

Xinika you're a bit of a famous Shadow and were arguing for arenas before, would you consider this ok in 1v1 arena fights? to me it seems kinda op if you consider builds with insta whirlwinds and stun grenades.

This question bares no relevance to what I am chasing after, as I would never even consider 1v1 arena in any game in the first place - as 1v1 balance is nigh impossible. Especially for SWTOR. My brackets were 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4.

"wasted cc breaker on something else" ??

trinketting sap is for baddies

sorry, this needs to be fixed

no matter how pointless 1v1s are deemed, this is unacceptable and fixing it wouldn't have any consequences on any team environment.

Honestly sap though is a really irritating ability I was completely shocked a year ago when I found out bioware put it into the game. Oh wow invisible person sapped me how skillful and my fault I should have avoided!

Edited by Abkhazia

no matter how pointless 1v1s are deemed, this is unacceptable and fixing it wouldn't have any consequences on any team environment.

Honestly sap though is a really irritating ability I was completely shocked a year ago when I found out bioware put it into the game. Oh wow invisible person sapped me how skillful and my fault I should have avoided!

Nah I like using it.

Are people really this mad at assassins? Sorry, this is slightly amusing because of how insanely illogical it is.

Umm illogical? You must love invisible people sapping you no matter how unskilled they are while laughing and then running away when its dr'd out and there is nothing I can do about it. Fun fun.

At least in wow there was some skill in setting up saps out of a cc chain but without that sap is just dumb and you are in denial or some low rated player who doesn't know what hes talking about.

Edited by Abkhazia