Give us new classes!

ObiJuanShenobi

I think an expansion should wait until they can add a couple of new classes with it. I'm all for expansions but this one seems a little...meh.

Here are my suggestions for new classes:

- Empire: Imperial Infantry Soldier

- Republic: SIS Agent

What do you guys think? What classes would you see added?

I think an expansion should wait until they can add a couple of new classes with it. I'm all for expansions but this one seems a little...meh.

Technically those classes are kinda in this game already:

Smuggler goes to work for the SIS. As for Imperial infantry soldier, Imperial Intelligence eventually gets disbanded so the Agent gets put into Imperial military.

Ok, so what will be the Overall Storyline of those Classes?

Yeeeeeaaaaaaah, given the nature of the beast, as in writing a whole new story line for existing content,

and then recording that whole new story line with new actors, besides the obvious fact that those classes

would just be the mirrors of the trooper and the agent on the other faction AGAIN (smuggler and bounty hunter?)

I don't see this happen. Ever. Never ever.

But I can see where you're coming from. For the longevity of a MMORPG,

new classes are a big chunk of the appeal.

But then, it should rather be classes that deliver completely new gameplay with new abilities, resources and feel,

instead of just a different story.

Well, being that there are only 4 classes in this game, we absolutely need new classes. Often when I'm going through the latest episode of my altoholism, I find myself staring at the character creation screens trying to figure out what I want to make. Too many racial selections and not enough classes has seriously cramped my style.

Well, being that there are only 4 classes in this game, we absolutely need new classes. Often when I'm going through the latest episode of my altoholism, I find myself staring at the character creation screens trying to figure out what I want to make. Too many racial selections and not enough classes has seriously cramped my style.

You may need to lay off of the alcohol because there are 8 Classes each with 8 Different and unique Personal Storylines.

Imperial Agent

Trooper

Smuggler

Bounty Hunter

Sith Warrior

Sith Inquisitor

Jedi Knight

Jedi Consular

As any new classes would require new class stories from level one to cap I don't believe we will ever see new classes in this game. We aren't even getting more individual class stories in the expansion just one overall story arc for everyone.

Don't hold your breath waiting for new classes, you really don't look good in blue.

Yeeeeeaaaaaaah, given the nature of the beast, as in writing a whole new story line for existing content,

and then recording that whole new story line with new actors, besides the obvious fact that those classes

would just be the mirrors of the trooper and the agent on the other faction AGAIN (smuggler and bounty hunter?)

I don't see this happen. Ever. Never ever.

But I can see where you're coming from. For the longevity of a MMORPG,

new classes are a big chunk of the appeal.

But then, it should rather be classes that deliver completely new gameplay with new abilities, resources and feel,

instead of just a different story.

Well, it would also have a different story but regardless, I do agree that it should at the very least have a different feel on top of having a different story from the other 8 Classes.

I was also hoping for new classes, but then i realized how difficult new classes will be for tor compared to other MMOs, as in 1 new class needs:

10 new companions (5 for each side)

2 new storylines

4 new voice actors (reusing is possible, but unless they're all Claudia Black, or greatly differentiate their voice, people will be upset)

2 new ships (reusing is possible, but once again, people will be upset)

Balancing and new powers that regular MMOs deal with

I imagine it would take a hell of a lot longer...

As any new classes would require new class stories from level one to cap I don't believe we will ever see new classes in this game. We aren't even getting more individual class stories in the expansion just one overall story arc for everyone.

Don't hold your breath waiting for new classes, you really don't look good in blue.

Plus, if we did get a couple new classes, then it wouldn't be for another expansion or two. Basically, if we were to get a couple new classes, then I would imagine that they would come out with either the second or third expansion. And that is due to what all goes into a single class in this game and then having to double that so that there would be a new Republic and a new Sith Imperial Class.

more classes....so people can complain about how they feel they are unbalanced and game breaking?

no thanks.

we have tanks, dps and healers. you want some type of shaman class?

NO.

My idea was for some kind of a Hero class that could fill each of those roles, I.E. Death Knight from WoW.

Though in this game I imagine it would be like, Jedi Master/Sith Lord, but since you essentially attain those titles in game, it wouldn't be as fancy

we have tanks, dps and healers.
By that logic this game needs only two classes, Sith and Jedi, with advanced class options of dps/tank/heal.

Classes != Roles. There's absolutely nothing wrong with new classes giving more gameplay mechanic options and new unique stories to fill the trinity roles. As long as said classes were well thought out and designed properly. Granted, this isn't something EAware will be able to do, they had/have a hard enough time with the 8 we have.

As for what would be interesting to see, maybe a non jedi/sith melee class like the Echani (yes, i know, technically a species but could run with just about anyone trained in echani combat, ala KotOR).

I guess another option would be a "thug", a little too neutral to assign a faction though. Concept would be a low ranking gang member/initiate, working their way up to the head of the gang or even forming their own gang/syndicate. Would cover a ranged dps and possibly tank role, similar to the warrior/knight as far as advanced class options. An unaffiliated imperial sided ranged class that can tank/dps or dps/dps could offer a unique story experience without stepping on the toes of the agent/bounty hunter/smuggler/trooper too much if the ability trees were designed well.

I feel much thought wasn't put into the original post.

I'd like to see new classes, sure but maybe in time.

SIS Agent and Imperial Solider are too closely related to the current classes as many have mentioned.

I did brainstorm the idea and have many notes but to make it short and sweet this is what I came up with (these are just my 2 cents, my opinions, they sound corny I know that but these aren't ideas I have polished):

1 New Sith Class - Dark Force Wielder - Similar to a necromancer without summoning pets, rather using the force to form "force" pets which attack and last "x" amount of seconds during a fight, includes shields and DOTs.

1 New Jedi Class - Jedi Force Warden - Mirror reflection of the previous, expect no dark force energy, so same concept just the "pets" would be different-looking more "light-side" jedi, however have unique abilities such as lightsaber manipulation, able to control 2-3 hover lightsabers etc..

1 New Non-Sith Class - Imperial Elite Guard - Ever wanted to be one of those ****** elite guards? Now's your chance! A non-sith melee character using mostly staffs, techstaffs etc. Instead of Rage have resilience or determination.

1 New Non-Jedi Class - Bodyguard (can't think of a better name), this is my favorite idea, a bodyguard of an elite royal family which is a master at the dueling arts, so weapons resolve around swords, the tank version would have 1h and the dps version would have 1h x 2.

Yeah, there will never be new classes in this game.

Best you can hope for is new AC trees in a proper expansion.

And, honestly, I think they did a good job with the current 8 in terms of variety. Even mirrored classes feel different to play due to the animations.

Edited by arunav

Possibilities:

Brawler... Unarmed mele class seen in swg

Beast master... Has beast comp also in SWG

Droid... Play as a ranged droid

Droid master...same as beast master except with droids

Another force-using class... Maybe having to do with deception or dread skills

Can't think of more

I want a droid class that heals, dps , n can tank. Give each side the same class just different looks.

I kno cyborgs are technically droids but they could do a planets that was built by droids that engineered an AI that is life like. Also they should give it a melee/range dps option depending on points. I know you're saying that sounds like a drood from WoW to which I respond'- yeah kinda like that.

Just a thought, I know it's not perfect but **** you.

I want a droid class that heals, dps , n can tank. Give each side the same class just different looks.

I kno cyborgs are technically droids but they could do a planets that was built by droids that engineered an AI that is life like. Also they should give it a melee/range dps option depending on points. I know you're saying that sounds like a drood from WoW to which I respond'- yeah kinda like that.

Just a thought, I know it's not perfect but **** you.

Love interest would have to enjoy vibrations.....

Before any new classes are introduced, they should implement more explorable worlds. The current class stories follow nearly the same order of worlds, it just feels too tedious. Once at least 4 to 6 new worlds are introduced, then maybe should we consider adding any new classes or factions. Edited by Vitas