Being on an RP server is no excuse to wear 0 expertise in Warzones.

TheHeat

Please change the original post if you are indeed referring to Shadow Council and not Silent Council. Silent Council's code of conduct states that all members must perform to the best of their ability in warzones (in addition to fighting, instead of node camping, until the end regardless of certain defeat). If you see someone with the Silent Council tag knowingly wearing PvE gear or sabotaging a warzone then please report to to one of our officers.

So I can have 16k health and take 0% extra damage... or I can have 28k health and take 20% more damage. Considering that 28k is 75% more HP, how is pvp gear better than pve gear to me? I'm a Juggernaut and defend things so survivability > damage output.

As far as expertise vs. no expertise, people seem to have forgotten that healers exist. I don't care if your 28k hp pool with 0 expertise drops at the same speed as someone in Recruit gear. You're going to be twice as hard to heal back up.

Edited by Jenzali

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to point out that BrooklynKnight (Quaylei) and his/her group of 6 guild mates in low/no expertise gear are the people who inspired this thread in the first place. Stop queueing without expertise gear. You obviously don't understand how this game works.

Good sir, this is not a discussion about game mechanics. If a group of friends want to que up casually for a few rounds of pvp then they should be able to do that without undue hostility. There needs to be room for both styles of play. That's why ranked matches exist. If you're so concerned about everyone being the best they can be then why don't you just que for the ranked matches?

I don't understand why your concept of fun is master over any other. We should have more then enough room to play here together and there are already plenty of methods in place should you choose to use them.

So far this all boils down to the age old argument of "play the game my way". There is no one right way to play the game, and not every player you encounter is going to mixmax their gear or even bother getting the "right" gear. I appreciate and respect your opinion but approaching this with hostility is not going to do anything to solve the issue or to sway my opinion.

Good sir, this is not a discussion about game mechanics. If a group of friends want to que up casually for a few rounds of pvp then they should be able to do that without undue hostility.

Yet if someone did the same with poor gear in the PvE group finder you would be upset. Double standard?

There needs to be room for both styles of play. That's why ranked matches exist. If you're so concerned about everyone being the best they can be then why don't you just que for the ranked matches?

Choosing not to get FREE gear from the terminal is not a "style of play" any more than queueing for HM FPs in level 30 greens is a "style of play". It's just you being inconsiderate to members of your community just because you can. Besides, it only takes a few days to get full War Hero gear. The prices are so cheap now. What else would you be spending your warzone commendations on?

its not an opposing idea when you are (at this point) deliberately sabotaging pvp.

I'm not deliberately sabotaging anything. I'm just doing my daily and weekly so I can spend the rewards on gear. I'm sorry if my normal tanking gear is not enough for you. I don't have the inclination to waste time on intermediate pvp gear that i have to waste inventory for.

I'm not of closed mind, I'm always open to discussion, but I'm not going to put much stock or value in someones words if they are loaded with hostility and sarcasm.

People are allowed have opposing ideas and to simply disagree with one another.

Its not an idea, its a mechanic that's coded into the game. Expertise is a stat that is worked into how much damage you do, and take, in a PVP setting. Imagine if you were in an operation and you had a DPS that just didn't believe in threat, and used his taunts against the boss and just refusing to believe that threat exists. And he wonders why the MT is pissed off...

To me, its a matter of respect. Just as it would be disrespectful to walk into an RP event and completely ignore the story arc and lore, or to heal for a HM flashpoint but refuse to cleanse nasty debuffs resulting in multiple wipes for the whole group, it likewise shows a lack of respect for the PVP community to enter a warzone and completely ignore an extremely important PVP mechanic. You want to play casually, fine, no need to grind up your War Hero gear, just put on your recruit gear that you get *for free*. Not to mention, the increased survivability will definitely make warzones more enjoyable for you. There is no downside. Just my two cents.

And unrelated regarding reddit, its about user-generated content. Nobody's perfect, so don't hurt the whole community just because the moderator doesn't play the game exactly how you'd want. I'm pretty sure I was the first subscriber to /r/Ebon_Hawk, so come visit me!

Yet if someone did the same with poor gear in the PvE group finder you would be upset. Double standard?

Choosing not to get FREE gear from the terminal is not a "style of play" any more than queueing for HM FPs in level 30 greens is a "style of play". It's just you being inconsiderate to members of your community just because you can. Besides, it only takes a few days to get full War Hero gear. The prices are so cheap now. What else would you be spending your warzone commendations on?

Reverse engineering it for Molecular Stabilizers. I took the money, instead of the pvp gear long before I knew that I could RE for Molecular Stabilizers. Why should I waste my time getting War Hero or Elite War Hero gear when all I want is to farm for Stabilzers?

Its not an idea, its a mechanic that's coded into the game. Expertise is a stat that is worked into how much damage you do, and take, in a PVP setting. Imagine if you were in an operation and you had a DPS that just didn't believe in threat, and used his taunts against the boss and just refusing to believe that threat exists. And he wonders why the MT is pissed off...

To me, its a matter of respect. Just as it would be disrespectful to walk into an RP event and completely ignore the story arc and lore, or to heal for a HM flashpoint but refuse to cleanse nasty debuffs resulting in multiple wipes for the whole group, it likewise shows a lack of respect for the PVP community to enter a warzone and completely ignore an extremely important PVP mechanic. You want to play casually, fine, no need to grind up your War Hero gear, just put on your recruit gear that you get *for free*. Not to mention, the increased survivability will definitely make warzones more enjoyable for you. There is no downside. Just my two cents.

And unrelated regarding reddit, its about user-generated content. Nobody's perfect, so don't hurt the whole community just because the moderator doesn't play the game exactly how you'd want. I'm pretty sure I was the first subscriber to /r/Ebon_Hawk, so come visit me!

Oh hey! I'm glad you got the flare worked out!

If I get stuck in a HM with someone that's clearly under geared (they should be doing NORMAL) then I vote them out, or ignore them, or leave. I won't even start a more complicated op unless I have some confidence that the other players are skilled/geared. Even then the same options to leave are there for me. I don't see how the situations are different. I can't force anyone to play a certain way so I avoid them...

Reverse engineering it for Molecular Stabilizers. I took the money, instead of the pvp gear long before I knew that I could RE for Molecular Stabilizers. Why should I waste my time getting War Hero or Elite War Hero gear when all I want is to farm for Stabilzers?

You get commendations much, much faster if you win warzones, not to mention the weekly PvP quest that requires 9 wins gives you a nice boost to your commendations. Even if you were doing this for the entirely selfish purpose of REing for stabilizers, you'd still be better off trying to get better gear so that you can win more often. Right now you're just also shooting yourself in the foot by reducing the rate at which you can acquire stabilizers.

Your second point saying that you aren't forcing anyone to play with you - leaving warzones is not something that's deemed acceptable by most of the community. If you're actually encouraging people to leave the warzone if they don't want to play with you then that is an even bigger issue.

I'd suggest you just get the gear. You'll have more fun that way. You'll get double the commendations for winning. Everyone else on your team will have more fun playing an 8v8 than a 7v8.

Edited by Jenzali

you know that expertise gear makes you valuable and useful

you know its available to you

you refuse to wear it

you want to run a COMMUNITY site, whilst simultaneously pissing on the chances of a whole field of people.

and i'm the one being hostile? you're basically trolling the PVP community at this point.

I won't even start a more complicated op unless I have some confidence that the other players are skilled/geared.

Imagine if we had this luxury in PVP! lol...

But seriously, you're getting hung up on small details of my post to defend your opinion and missing my bigger point. I said nothing about the gear level of this hypothetical healer, just his belief that the debuffs won't hurt the group and his failure to cleanse them. Maybe I used a bad example, I don't do a lot of PVE. I've said my piece, so if you're going to refuse to listen then I have nothing more to say.

How big a difference could it possibly be. Even loosing I get 1 piece every 8 matches or so.

I've edited my previous post with some additional points. But to address this, the difference is huge. Having PvP gear also allows you to get more medals, such as the 2.5k hit or heal, in addition to making you a contributing member of the team. You need 8 medals to get full rewards from a warzone. If you win with 8 medals, you will get 140 comms, meaning that you'll get 1 piece every 4 matches or so.

Your second point saying that you aren't forcing anyone to play with you - leaving warzones is not something that's deemed acceptable by most of the community. If you're actually encouraging people to leave the warzone if they don't want to play with you then that is an even bigger issue.

I'd suggest you just get the gear. You'll have more fun that way. You'll get double the commendations for winning. Everyone else on your team will have more fun playing an 8v8 than a 7v8.

You're purposely not playing to the best of your ability. You're advocating others to leave the warzone. And despite only doing warzones for the purpose of getting stabilizers, you are decreasing the speed that you get stabilizers. The first part is griefing, plain and simple. The second part is illogical.

Edited by Jenzali

I've edited my previous post with some additional points. But to address this, the difference is huge. Having PvP gear also allows you to get more medals, such as the 2.5k hit or heal, in addition to making you a contributing member of the team. You need 8 medals to get full rewards from a warzone. If you win with 8 medals, you will get 140 comms, meaning that you'll get 1 piece every 4 matches or so.

You're purposely not playing to the best of your ability. You're advocating others to leave the warzone. And despite only doing warzones for the purpose of getting stabilizers, you are decreasing the speed that you get stabilizers. The first part is griefing, plain and simple. The second part is illogical.

*narrows eyes* I'll evaluate your words and consider it.

Don't waste your time guys

Hey now, this attitude is what makes alot of non-PVPers resent the PVP community. If even one person on this server starts wearing expertise gear after reading this thread (OP or otherwise), thats one less time I have to bang my head against the wall. Totally worth it.

Please change the original post if you are indeed referring to Shadow Council and not Silent Council.

Oh crap, I'm sorry about that. I got the names mixed up. Didn't mean to do that, my bad.

As for BrooklynKnight, you're saying you'd /ignore someone in 49 greens in an attempt to avoid getting queued with them for HMs, but you think it's insensitive for people to complain about your obvious ignorance of how game mechanics work in pvp. It's totally okay to ruin someone's PvP experience, but you hold a higher standard to something you actually care about.

Yea, just did a voidstar with this thread's resident PVE hero....

Tank specced powertech...

50k damage (I did like 480 k for comparsion of match length)

20k proc ( i did to that much or more, can't remember exactly, .... in rage spec)

What exactly are you doing in these warzones as u farm stabs? Stand in a corner???

Please if you want to pvp, learn the game mechanics, learn the warzones, and get pvp gear and then actually participate.....

And yes that was a red flame of shame.:D

I think we can all agree that this dude is either a terrible player or an excellent troll (or both). Let's move on. I think the OP was mostly venting: you're not going to convince morons to stop being morons, or at least it's not going to be fun for you to try. Edited by minervasunrider

I haven't read through the entire thread, so I will apologize if this has already been said but ...

It also should be mentioned that when you queue you should be using some sort of stim. It's disgusting to see so many people queue into a warzone not using a stim. Often times, these are the same folks that would complain if someone were to join an Operation and not using a stim. I think the same rules apply, you are participating in a collaborative effort and should try to do your best to help out your team/operation.

There are plenty of folks that will happily create the stims for you for the cost of mats (myself included).