Did You Delete Your Fireworks?

Klarick

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I did not delete them. I tend to be a collector of little bits and pieces of "I was there" moments in MMO's. So they're just stacked in my cargo bays.

Same for me too, however did use at least 1 just to see what it was like ....I counted about 2 seconds with 3 shots of colour...

tbf.. for any display I just use my flare gun.. bigger brighter and yes it may be short.. but lasts longer than 2 seconds

The game only been out one year. I mean really why should we get any thing special? Now had it been like 2 or 3 years post launch I can understand wanting some thing for the veterans, but in many ways you already gotten many rewards for being a veteran. It's like wow if you played early you had a chance to get one of the now very rare 100 speed mounts that were temporarily available in vanilla wow like the white raptor. Assuming the developers don't reintroduce the correlia commander, then I see that mount being equal to the white raptor in wow. You also got that pet from when they merged servers.

It's just too early for any one to say they are a veteran in this game and I don't think BW should give out any veteran rewards at least until the 2 or 3 year mark.

I cannot the grasp the so-called logic of "collecting" crap in this game. If I'm not going to use it why to I want to waste all my storage space on it? It's not like anyone else can see your awesome "collection" in your storage bin.

So yeah, I deleted the first one as soon as I realized how totally worthless and **** it was. I deleted the e-mails for the other 5 just to save myself the extra step of deleting the item.

Someone wasted a huge amount of time on that crap, they could have just said "we don't care, here's some air, use it however you want" and it would have been more effective.

SUPER UBER-FAIL "GIFT" if you ask me.

Wasn't upset with it. What were people expecting? It was just a 1 year anniversary gift. :p Could have just had nothing.

Or could have made an actual 1 year anniversary event, you know like pretty much every other mmo, even the "failed" ones with less subscribers smaller budget etc manage to celebrate it's anniversaries.... Hell even the pathetic assian MMOs manage to celebrate such events.

Edited by Lucyfer_Infinity

I was a bit let down by lack of anything special fot the 1st anniversary.

But deleting free consumables and raging about ever being given it on the fourms?

A new low for the SWTOR whine-ometer, i fear. :(

For the record, I went to Coruscant and set them off on the big concourse outside the Senate tower. Others were doing the same and there was a guild taking their annual Christmas line-up pic. Felt like we were celebratin' something.

I see alot of people upset about the cheesy 1 year Anniversary Appreciation gift of 25 fireworks. There was a discussion lastnight, in General chat, and there were quite a few people saying they deleted them.

Reading the forums, especially the stickie thread concerning the issue, it is apparent many see the "gift" as a slap-in-the face. I don't see it that way so much; but I do see it as another misstep from the SWTOR Team and is one more thing indicative of how they continue to missread the MMO audience.

So, the question: Did you delete this so-called 'gift of appreciation"?

I haven't deleted them, haven't fired off a single one yet either. I'm waiting for the sun to go down and get dark outside. You can't use fireworks in the day time, that's just wrong.

The game only been out one year. I mean really why should we get any thing special? Now had it been like 2 or 3 years post launch I can understand wanting some thing for the veterans, but in many ways you already gotten many rewards for being a veteran. It's like wow if you played early you had a chance to get one of the now very rare 100 speed mounts that were temporarily available in vanilla wow like the white raptor. Assuming the developers don't reintroduce the correlia commander, then I see that mount being equal to the white raptor in wow. You also got that pet from when they merged servers.

It's just too early for any one to say they are a veteran in this game and I don't think BW should give out any veteran rewards at least until the 2 or 3 year mark.

So wrong. Only been one year? You apply that same logic to your marriage anniversary? Like it or not , if you sub, you are in a relationship with Swtor. And quite an intimate one i may add, due to the vast amount of time and energies invested.

Anyone who preordered and paid cash for the game is a veteran. This game has undergone radical changes(Namely to the Free model) and those that were around for it sure as damnation deserve something.

And i do think the anniversary gift of fireworks is a slap. "Here! try these out...now go buy more from the Cartel Shop!". Happy anniversary!

Shot off a couple and meh. deleted them and have been on every toon i have rolled. Am i upset? no. Should i be? no. Why not? becuase its a game and i dont revolve my playing experience around vanity items. If i did id still be playing SkinWars2 aka GW2, thats 100% about vanity. Edited by buttjammerrump