The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How much have you spent on the Cartel Market?

BrainlessWhale

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$10.00

I wanted a 5th bank page for all my account characters so bought the 4th with what they gave us and spent $10.00 to get the 5th.

And in a year from now my answer will still be $10.00

I pay $15.00/month to play this game

I could pay less per month but subscribing in larger periods but honestly I dont trust EA enough to commit long term to them. Month to month the best I can do. So im able to shut her down and walk away when EA goes to far in all the areas of concern.

I dont begrudge EA making money but there is nothing in the shop I NEED TO HAVE.

And thats how it should be

cause when the day hits I am forced to buy something from the shop to compete in game.

Thats the guarenteed day my account gets shut down as will not take part in "Pay to Win" design.

Really EA should be happy I hate their space content as if Space was important to me, id already have quit with the grade 7 ship parts only being available via real cash purchases.

Anyways, spent $10.00 and will not spend any more.

Nada, niente, rien, nichts

I was able to get all the account unlocks on the stuff I wanted so far just with free coins. The few items I wanted from packs I got off the GTN. This morning I just got another 550... guess I can start thinking about vanity stuff if I want to, I've been considering the starship upgrade packs for my main. Maybe I'll just start selling stuff from the cartel market on the GTN.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

I have to say I find it funny to see people spending almost (or over) a year's sub price on this stuff... have fun, folks.

$0... I have been paying them $15 a month for a year now. I think that's good enough.

^^^^ This.

There's nothing in the store that isn't a rip off. I've used my stipend to unlock some of the legacy perks but I'm not giving them extra on top of my sub. I barely get anything for that money as it is. Having to pay for the next content patch is bad enough.

None here. I like that the stuff is tradable. I was able to buy all the cargo hold and gtn account unlocks with my free coins.

I wanted a Pathfinder's set for my main and I just asked in trade chat and someone traded me the full set for a few hundred thousand credits.

I wanted to finish the space missions, so I offered 550,000 credits for a full offensive ship's pack (550 cartel coins) and had 3 people offer within minutes. So I got one and was able to finish out the new space missions (kind of crappy for them to make space combat pay to win, though).

For some reason I decided to make the same deal for the life day orb, tree, and glitter bomb. I paid a player 1000 credits per cartel coin for those 3 items (can't remember what it came out to.

So, I'm fully up to date now on everything I want off the market. I plan on keeping my credit stack high enough that I can just pay in game money for anything I want off the market.

About $15. I took the one-time bi-monthly subs about a week ago. This is amazing for me because I have NEVER ever taken any MMO game in 40 years of my life, until now. I did it solely because of Star Wars and my experience playing KoTOR series years ago.

The game is GOOD. Love the story and the usual galore of BioWare distinctiveness, but the monetizing system it's standing on REALLY needs an overhaul, as it's just "this" close to ruin the game itself, IMHO. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying, but so far it does seem rather forcing, lol.

WAY too many vanity craps on Cartel Store, instead of selling REAL useful stuff like armor etcetera. And even when those are available, they are mind-bogglingly expensive and limited only for certain high levels, or even more ridiculous (for me) is limited by Legacy level. What is this Legacy blabla anyway? In what context does it has the uncanny power to limit items and equipment--both in game and Cartel? My Cartel purchase was practically wasted. At least for now.

That's all for my rants. The rest of the game, I love it, or I wouldn't even bother writing this at all.

Edited by blubeetle
grammar

Nothing. I've bought no cartel coins, and I've used none of the cartel coins I've amassed so far. On the other hand, I've spent a ton on the game outside of that: Collector's Edition (something like €167) and monthly subs since the launch of the game, excluding a few months after F2P was announced.

I'm sure there'll be something worthwhile in the cartel shop sooner or later. I'm sure there is already in fact, but I will not buy random packs or per-character upgrades.

0$. I used 250 of my free coins to purchase 20 additional 20 gtn slots and then i took 20 more with creds. After that i just stocked on low cost mounts and pets at the gtn. I'm big into space missions, but i cleared all of them without the new pieces, there are just 2 that requires the new missiles and that's it.

0, only used my complimentary coins so far and GTN. Have way too many credits sitting there, no need to purchase cartel coins for a long time to come.

Strange that for someone that so strongly advocates such high Cashshop prices (and even higher ones, in fact) you've spent $0.00 on those prices. :confused:

£0.00 (and nor do I intend to spend anything)

I've used some of the CC they gave me to buy to buy two chest items and the account wide cargo bay unlock but I still have coins left and no desire to spend them given my initial experience has been so bad: a) your purchases don't bind to legacy so if/when I get a something I like better they become a complete waste of coins/cargo bay space and b) the account wide cargo bay unlock just made it horrifically more expensive for all my other characters to get acquire their extra cargo bays.

Edited by Sunjammer