Since the level cap is going up to lvl 55, what abilities would you like to see?

RaithHarth

Aside from the extra 5 expertise points you'd get from the level increase, it is doubtful there will be any additions to combat or abilities. With EA giving the unique storyline aspect away for free/F2P, this game is officially on life support.

Don't expect to see many more expansions beyond this one, either.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5607012#edit5607012

Additionally, a new active ability will be introduced for each Advanced Class.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JacenHallis: Thanks for the link :)

Better quote it completely since it is directly relevant to his thread:

We know you're all very interested to hear about how the new level cap is going to affect your class, and I wanted to share a little information about the upcoming changes with you. As part of the new content, every skill tree will be expanding and you can expect significant updates. Players will earn a new skill point with each level, and new skills will be available in each skill tree. Additionally, a new active ability will be introduced for each Advanced Class. We'll have more details about many aspects of Rise of the Hutt Cartel as we approach launch, so keep your eyes on the website and dev tracker!

An ability similar to Inspiration and Bloodthirst for one or more of the other melee dps advanced classes. An example would be something that increases crit and surge by 15 percent for 15 seconds, or something as crazy as granting every attack guaranteed hit and crit for 12 seconds. Both group wide buffs.

Also, a talent for melee dps/tanks to be immune to knockbacks while using their channeling damage abilities would be great.

For the classes I play.

Guardian

1. Make focused defense free and cost nothing, like every other def CD in the game.

2. Fix tanking tree so people will actually use it in pvp.

3. Buff vigilance tree.

Commando

1. Need an escape.

2. Need on demand slow/root with short cd.

3. Need unique utility.

Sage

1. Need more burst.

2. Buff middle tree.

3. Fix bubble stun so it's more effective for the sage, but doesn't work for teammates.

Sniper

1. Can't think of anything this class needs except slightly buff middle tree.

For your spec? Since I'm a shadow tank, I would like to see a temporary immunity to all critical and power/surge based attacks, yes i'm talking about pvp mainly

example~

Jedi Shadow tanks/Sith Assassin tanks -(Force Deflection) absorb attacks using the force and temporary immune to any high critical,power/surge damage, can also redirect damage back to the user.

Jedi Guardian/Sith Juggernaut tanks -(Lightsaber Redirection -watch how Mace Windu does this to Palpatine @

) absorb attacks using the base of there lightsabers, and tempoary immune to any high critical, power/surge damage, can also redirect damage back to the user.

I am a sniper, i would like a special ability that does 200% of damage to asassins having the immunity to crits activated.

I'd like to see lightsabers do more damage and look equally as good. So tired of them being beating sticks instead of destructive slashing weapons. If i could choose 3, this one would be number 1, story be number 2, and giving an actual deathblow finishing move would be 3. Dispatch looks so lame when it should be a chance of random finishing move...

For your spec? Since I'm a shadow tank, I would like to see a temporary immunity to all critical and power/surge based attacks, yes i'm talking about pvp mainly

example~

Jedi Shadow tanks/Sith Assassin tanks -(Force Deflection) absorb attacks using the force and temporary immune to any high critical,power/surge damage, can also redirect damage back to the user.

Jedi Guardian/Sith Juggernaut tanks -(Lightsaber Redirection -watch how Mace Windu does this to Palpatine @

) absorb attacks using the base of there lightsabers, and tempoary immune to any high critical, power/surge damage, can also redirect damage back to the user.

I want the ability to spend 5 more talent points without Bioware gutting the trees to stop those horrible hybrids from (further) unbalancing the game.

There are already too many abilities to deal with-more are not needed.

I'd like to see lightsabers do more damage and look equally as good. So tired of them being beating sticks instead of destructive slashing weapons. If i could choose 3, this one would be number 1, story be number 2, and giving an actual deathblow finishing move would be 3. Dispatch looks so lame when it should be a chance of random finishing move...

Yeah it's a shame that an operatives melee blow does more damage than a lightsaber does

I want the ability to spend 5 more talent points without Bioware gutting the trees to stop those horrible hybrids from (further) unbalancing the game.

There are already too many abilities to deal with-more are not needed.

I do agree balance is an issue with just about every class in which could use some work, however that doesn't mean adding new abilities will make it any less different in unbalancing the game entirely.

Edited by RaithHarth

For my commando, some type of laser guided long range missile. Perhaps fired from orbit. Maybe a 4 second activation/targeting time then a proton torpedo drops right on someone's head.

For my operative I'd love to be able to take away a jedi's lightsaber using some sort of fancy wristlock then jam it right up their- Make use of it in my own special way. *grumblegrumblejedipunkgrumble*

I would like the ability to log into the game and play.

I would like the ability to not worry about high latency during peak hours.

I would like the ability to feel like there is some kind of customer service and not a 5 day wait to get an automated response.

I'd love for lightsabers to do more damage. this is Star Wars, it would be nice if Lightsabers actually did the damage they're suppossed to!

I'd love for lightsabers to do more damage. this is Star Wars, it would be nice if Lightsabers actually did the damage they're suppossed to!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.