1.6 Cartel Market has gone a little too far...

JediMasterSarynn

So this not really all that much of a surprise to me. Since EA bought Bioware, quality from Bioware has gone down the tubes since the new Overlords have been dictating BW's business. I mean look what happened with DA2, and this summers huge debacle with Mass Effect 3. I think that if EA had never bought Bioware that we would not be seeing the problems we see now. Bioware back then had great quality control and actually listened to its customers. Now with EA owning Bioware, we are seeing what happens when the Most Hated Company in America dictates things from the Boardroom.

I was excited about the Cartel Market at first. I thought, " Here is a way to get the cosmetic items that I have lusted over (re:Revan's gear) and put the Advanced Mods from Columi. BH, etc...and actually look good". Cause lets face it, the design of Tionese and Columi gear just plain stinks. BH is a little better, but the helmets are horrendous. Now they did introduce Revan's Robes and Mask, but they even failed on that. I would have spent CC's to get this set. But they failed on the lower robe. Looks nothing like the one from Foundry or Maelstrom. And the for sale Life Day items is a joke. Why do I want to spend money on a holographic tree? I don't. The starship upgrades blow me away also. Now I don't do a whole lot of starship combat, I do it to pass a little time, but even I think this is wrong. And not offereing crafting specs for the new vanity armors on the Market, just plain wrong. And the crystals also. Granted, the color crystals can't be found, so make them drops.

I must say that I am deeply disappointed. I don't know if I'll unsub just yet, but I don't think they will be getting anymore of my hard earned money in the Cartel Market. Oh, and having 10,000 Republic Banners that I can't do anything with is just ludicrous. I mean, they don't sell on the GTN and you can't just sell them to vendors for cash. I've given XP, Social and FP upgrades to alts that I am playing, but they can only hold so much too. So I say to EA/BW, do something about this, I f I get one more atmospheric probe droid I'm going to put my fist through a wall.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Going to die"

We're going to look back on this as old game historians one day, and say that 1.2 put SWTOR on life support and pushed it into free to play in less than a year.

1.6 will be the greedy step son that pulled the plug.

you couldn't say it better! *salute*

Now I haven't done many MMOs so I may not know the usual pricing in f2p markets. But the ones I have played had expansion packs come out that added lots of content and many things to do for 30-40$. So I look at the market here and have to shake my head. 10$ for recolored armor sets. And 20 for getting a set if holiday items..I don't see how some people say its not overpriced

I expected it to NOT screw crafters over.

Holy mother of God THIS.

The ONLY professions worth having now are Biochem for the reusables and Cybertech for the end game mods and armorings, and even their usefulness is debatable.

I imagine what the in game economy would look like if everything on the cartel market were craftable and it makes me angry.

Biochem could make the Boosts.

Cyber tech could make the mounts and space items.

Artificing could make the sabers and crystals

All the oranges go to Armormech, Synth, and Arms.

It would be AWESOME, there would be so many reasons to farm credits and mats and crew skill crap. But alas, crew skills are MORE irrelevant than ever. They might as well remove them from the game what with adaptive armor, all you need is one set of orange gear you really like and cybertech and you're golden.

Holy mother of God THIS.

The ONLY professions worth having now are Biochem for the reusables and Cybertech for the end game mods and armorings, and even their usefulness is debatable.

I imagine what the in game economy would look like if everything on the cartel market were craftable and it makes me angry.

Biochem could make the Boosts.

Cyber tech could make the mounts and space items.

Artificing could make the sabers and crystals

All the oranges go to Armormech, Synth, and Arms.

It would be AWESOME, there would be so many reasons to farm credits and mats and crew skill crap. But alas, crew skills are MORE irrelevant than ever. They might as well remove them from the game what with adaptive armor, all you need is one set of orange gear you really like and cybertech and you're golden.

/sign

Yep this game continuously lets me down at every turn, no more subscription from me.

All this game is really going to get from now on is cartel shop updates, with stupid content updates here and there throughout the year..updates that really don't do much to improve the game as a whole.

They didn't lie at all. You do have access to everything. You even get cartel points with your sub so you can use it to buy stuff in said market. Unlike the F2P people who have to buy with money. No?

So knowing this, you save up those cartel points and buy stuff with them while not having to pay more money.

Unless you're a "I want it now" kind of person.

As far as the life day stuff, if it cost too much to get, I guess us Subs will need to learn to save up those points so we can buy things.

Oh wait you guys don't wanna save the free coms we get every month? Ya wish to blow it on packs and then gripe cause your outa coms and think that its unfair? What about the F2P people ? They don't get any monthly alotment of coms.... How is that equal? I will stick with my original post. This thread is all about elitists.

oh wait you guys don't wanna save the free coms we get every month? Ya wish to blow it on packs and then gripe cause your outa coms and think that its unfair? What about the f2p people ? They don't get any monthly alotment of coms.... How is that equal? I will stick with my original post. This thread is all about elitists.

15? $ ....

They could have sent some kind of notice that the "Life Day" pack would be so expensive. Even CE owning subs would barely have enough coins at this time to get that. 2400 coins at 500 coins per month is 5 months worth of coins. It won't be available to us anymore (says limited time only) by the time we get that many in our allotment, which means they were expecting pretty much everyone to buy coins to get it.

I agree with the OP, we should have been given most of these things with our subscription.

Oh wait you guys don't wanna save the free coms we get every month? Ya wish to blow it on packs and then gripe cause your outa coms and think that its unfair? What about the F2P people ? They don't get any monthly alotment of coms.... How is that equal? I will stick with my original post. This thread is all about elitists.

Well in essence this is a Freemium (product or service [typically a digital offering such as software, media, games or web services] is provided free of charge, but a premium is charged for advanced features, functionality, or virtual goods) game now. The players that don't subscribe have gotten a game for next to nothing then some people have spent between 60 and 150 dollars for there version of the game and have paid a monthly fee.

Those people now feel jipped for continue to support a game with there subcription fee now that free players can have some game changing items example (category 7 ship parts [ yes its a mini game] or the cartel market crystals allowing level 10s to have a advantage]. Yes we get free credits to use on that market, but in reality its like we are spending the same money free players can to buy coins to spend on the market, accept we don't have the liitations on our acconts and access to everything.

I agree with everything you said OP (there's a post in another thread from someone at BioWare saying they'll address the space ship gear being made available on the CM).

However, I disagree with Revan's cosmetic look being made available with the risk of chance on the CM. It's cosmetic. It doesn't impact me one way or another if someone runs around wearing it. It's purely for looks. I have issues with gear with mods being included on the store & crafting materials, but not gear (without mods), mounts, mini pets, and whatever else being made available. That doesn't impact me. If you want to roll around on some weird looking throne or a speeder decked out with Christmas lights, have at it.

or the cartel market crystals allowing level 10s to have a advantage].

What advantage? Where? Do you remember that PvP has it's own stat boosting system? :) No level 10 will have a chance against another player that is 20+ lvl just because they'll lack the skills. Stun breaking? Defensive skills? Additional strikes? No.

NO ADVANTAGE.

Thank you for your time. Next time please, nitpick about something reasonable. :)

Unless you meant advantage in clearing PvE content, but that'd be too much for me and I would just laugh right in your face.

What advantage? Where? Do you remember that PvP has it's own stat boosting system? :) No level 10 will have a chance against another player that is 20+ lvl just because they'll lack the skills. Stun breaking? Defensive skills? Additional strikes? No.

NO ADVANTAGE.

Thank you for your time. Next time please, nitpick about something reasonable. :)

Unless you meant advantage in clearing PvE content, but that'd be too much for me and I would just laugh right in your face.

1. +41 Critical (Affects pve and pvp, most F2P can't purchase these because of money limits)
  2. +41 Endurance (Affects pve and pvp, again money limits but makes leveling easier as well)
  3. +41 Expertise (Affects pvp, since you decided to bring that up)

So feel free to laugh, I am not defending or attacking either side, just making sure the people are informed about other items that technically fall under pay-to win or freemium, not F2P.

1. +41 Critical (Affects pve and pvp, most F2P can't purchase these because of money limits)
  2. +41 Endurance (Affects pve and pvp, again money limits but makes leveling easier as well)
  3. +41 Expertise (Affects pvp, since you decided to bring that up)

So feel free to laugh, I am not defending or attacking either side, just making sure the people are informed about other items that technically fall under pay-to win or freemium, not F2P.

First of all - Affects PvE... well, I don't see it as some huge advantage. It only helps you level a wee bit faster. So xp boost is just as bad as that? And second - affects PvP how exactly? I mentioned that warzones adjust your stats to make you less useless. Again - no matter what fancy colour crystal that level 10 has, he will never have advantage over someone of higher level. Your arguments are invalid and you seem to not have read my earlier post too carefully.

Let me have it bolded for future reference: The bonus he gets from those crystals is -only- significant in the levelling phase. That doesn't make a big difference in PvP unless you want to accuse EAware of going pay2win for lvl 10s over other level 10s. But then again - the level difference renders any equality invalid due to the difference in amount of skill points and abilities usable in combat.

And tl;dr version: There is no significant advantage outside PvE and even there it's only a little convenience rather than ground-breaking change.

Sorry if I sounded harsh. :)

Dear Bio ware,

Take heed and review these post. We want this game to go on...but we need you like you need us. Don't turn your back on us. I would ask to make the separation of "bought" items from "earned" and please make it more than a color change...Some people work very hard and are devoted, should reward those subscribers... Could rent and rave all day about issues with the markets directions and items but that only spreads negativity so...Just "Heed" our pleas and suggestions or ... :(

A random drop from cartel market is not cartel market for you? And where did the items on GTM come from I wonder? Which part of my post was incorrect?

Just because you can trade it further doesn't change the fact that it originally comes from cartel market.

And my personal peeve is that it completely screwed over artificers, EXACTLY because it is "reasonably priced" completely superior to anything artificers can make.

Andryah has a very funny way of looking at most stuff. :)

You're right, of course, as the the cashshop is the only supply it is a cashshop item even if you buy it off the AH.

Actually no game thats gone f2p or has a cash shop feels as cheap or as much of a blatent cash grab as SWTOR now does it wouldnt be so bad if you could vendor the 80% garbage that you get in the cartel packs but you cant so its just outright insulting.

DCUO has THE WORST cash shop ever imo. atleast theres good stuff to buy. i mean they have to pay for expansions, we get ours in FREE updates. and i blow my money like in the cartel shop like it aint no thang (not that i have money to throw away) i understand u peeps "problems" but it is how it is. every week its a new complaint and im sure BIO has like 300 to sort thru and prioritize. just enjoy wat u got. cant make everyone happy? atleast right away

A random drop from cartel market is not cartel market for you? And where did the items on GTM come from I wonder? Which part of my post was incorrect?

Just because you can trade it further doesn't change the fact that it originally comes from cartel market.

And my personal peeve is that it completely screwed over artificers, EXACTLY because it is "reasonably priced" completely superior to anything artificers can make.

At this point i think we all know andryah is just a BW employee or one of the well documented payees of EA who spread how good they are. You know in another thread she said all the gold farmers were subs fault and we should just ignore and move on? LOL.

DCUO has THE WORST cash shop ever imo. atleast theres good stuff to buy. i mean they have to pay for expansions, we get ours in FREE updates. and i blow my money like in the cartel shop like it aint no thang (not that i have money to throw away) i understand u peeps "problems" but it is how it is. every week its a new complaint and im sure BIO has like 300 to sort thru and prioritize. just enjoy wat u got. cant make everyone happy? atleast right away

What updates are you talking about? Section X and HK-51? Lol. Hell im pretty sure the only reason we didnt have to pay Hypergates was because it was supposed to be out MONTHS ago. You realize they Hickman is in charge now right? Hes already said hes probably going to charge us for Makeb.

What updates are you talking about? Section X and HK-51? Lol. Hell im pretty sure the only reason we didnt have to pay Hypergates was because it was supposed to be out MONTHS ago. You realize they Hickman is in charge now right? Hes already said hes probably going to charge us for Makeb.

No he didn't

No he didn't

He said they are thinking about it. I'm not looking up the quote but if I'm wrong then I challenge anyone to show the proof.

And as for DCUO being worse that TOR, no not even close and I'm a card carrying SOE troll hater.

In DCUO you have absolutely no restrictions on character creation and customizations which TOR doesn't even doesn't even get to be ball boy in that ball park. There are zero restrictions in gear, raids, XP, loot or anything until you've reached end game and then there are one time purchases to unlock additional content.

One more thing about DCUO some fanboys don't like to admit. DCUO was the 1st fully voiced MMO. Just thought I would throw that out there for historical correctness.

Again, I'm no fan of SOE at all but I'll challenge anyone to a debate when comparing DCUO to TOR. There are many similarities and to me TOR is closer to DCUO than WoW on a few aspects but even with the cross platform gimping DCUO horribly, it still blows TOR away hands down.

I have to agree with the OP, i'm finding less and less reason to do Operations.... I would be more motivated to keep doing Operations if there was a small chance of stuff from the cartel shop dropping in the Operations, heck even make them Bind on Pickup, something to reward people for doing the same Operation for the billionth time...

Just doesn't seem like theres much to work towards in the game anymore.... If you want anything cool you have to spend real money at the cash shop in addition to your subscription...

I think once the excitement of the cash shop wears off Bioware / EA are in big trouble in keeping people playing..

Yep i agree %100 about this. As i pay a SUB each month i would expect to be able to obtain cool loot through in-game methods.

It the Sims store style, If you want the cool stuff then PAY real cash for it. Like we are all rolling in the Benjamins as EAware seems to think. But you will get the spoiled rich kids or cashed up players who will say "Its fine how it is"

Well its not! Then people say well use your credits in game to buy off the GTN. Yeah for Outrageous prices that are listed on the market. Also the stuff we may want are not in the boxes, so who would spend cartel coins on an item (not in the boxes) only to list it on the GTN.

Yep great way to hang on to your subs EAware.

The 500 a month coin reward for subs is Insulting with no way of earning CC in game. I am not rich, have a mortgage to pay and family to support. I can not afford to blow my cash on your cartel coins. But i have been a pre-launch player supporting you from the get-go and not seems the "Pay to Win" or better still "Pay to get the cool stuff" model is for players with deeper pockets.

FAIL! :rolleyes:

You can get absolutely everything STO has to offer except the veteran rewards under their F2P model. I haven't paid in a dime in a year there and still get all the latest stuff free. Not a thing from their holiday event involves money unless the player is grossly impatient or just plain stupid.

To the OP:

I got an email this morning saying I got Cartel Coins. I said "So f&^%ing what?" But I came here just to see how little that would buy. Now I see this life day stuff and I renew my objections to this utter piece of garbage game. I cannot believe I lost my SWG house that I put 8 years into so that this game's launch could fail to be protected..

What are the veteran rewards in STO?