Are CM Ship Upgrades better than those we can get in the game?

Boyana

Hello! I am a little bit confused.

I am just wondering are the Ship Upgrades in the Cartel Market better than those we can get in the game? I played Space Missions a lot. Have bough upgrades using commendations and profession. Is there somewhere I could buy better than those in the Market using commendations?

I refuse to believe they would put better items in Cartel Shop after they promised they won't put even close to the end-game quality items.

Byes!

This is utter BS.. this is how it starts and soon enough we will have the best gear and everything in cash shop.

Way to go to put a nail on the coffin on your game. This is just getting ridiculous but you will be the one who will suffer when your game dies and you lose a job.

This is utter BS.. this is how it starts and soon enough we will have the best gear and everything in cash shop.

Way to go to put a nail on the coffin on your game. This is just getting ridiculous but you will be the one who will suffer when your game dies and you lose a job.

EA will just buyout the next in line big dev studio and do the same thing that it has done to Bioware and the others.

I wonder if it would be possible to bring charges against EA for crimes against Humanity?

I have to agree with this. Cannot say how disappointed I was and still am.

Even on interview they have promised us there will be no end-game items in the Market nor better ones. It is like putting Elite War Hero gear or Dread Guard for Cartel Coins.

You still have the time to remove this even tho the damage is done.

I refuse to believe they would put better items in Cartel Shop after they promised they won't put even close to the end-game quality items.

Well, that promise is already broken. It started with end-game quality crystals available to you from level 1, and is continuing now with end-game quality personal ship equipment. The worst thing is, i'm pretty sure it's just the beginning.

The only problem is the space minigame has been scaled up to a point where it's nearly impossible. Certainly impossible with your old ship even with purple items in every slot. If you want to be able to do space now you have no option but to buy the cartel packs (all three of them)

You just dont get it do you.

The people that pay to win by buying these items have more enough cash that the game with have a small number of players but high enough revenue that EA will afford to keep the game running.

Its the old story, of those with the time to grind, grind and feel the cash shop is undermining their grinding efforts. Those who are time poor and want the rewards the grinders can achieve due to having the time, love the cash shop because it allows them to exchange the grind for cash, which in a sense is the real life grind.

So as the in the real world, money talks and the cash shop will be putting numbers on EA's balance sheet that says the cash shop is a great move.

You do realise that the number of players and there subs wont be as important anymore due to the cash shops revenue from the time poor buying what they can grind due to being time poor.

The only problem is the space minigame has been scaled up to a point where it's nearly impossible. Certainly impossible with your old ship even with purple items in every slot. If you want to be able to do space now you have no option but to buy the cartel packs (all three of them)

No, they can be done with the current grade 6 equipment. Surely not at first try, but they can be done.

No, they can be done with the current grade 6 equipment. Surely not at first try, but they can be done.

Yeah, they can be done (enough people bragging that they have). The difficulty is way to high, especially considering the extreme ease of the other space missions. It's like you only have solo missions that are 5 levels below you or H2+ mission of your level that you have to try alone.

I don't even come close to success even with Grade 7 equipment, so I'm fairly certain it would take me ages to "learn" these missions. Challenging is okay, but this is Nintendo-Hard...

EA will just buyout the next in line big dev studio and do the same thing that it has done to Bioware and the others.

I wonder if it would be possible to bring charges against EA for crimes against Humanity?

If the banks can't be held accountable for their actions, good luck with EA. Still, keep an eye on consumerist.com, when they start doing a poll for worst company in America again, we can at least show our gratitude to EA that way, they've earned it.

Nope. LotRO has had a cash shop, and the best gear is not available there, or in any other game I know of with a cash shop. Space missions are a solo game, not PvP, how someone succeeds in their space missions has no effect on you or anyone else, you can buy them too if you want, ffs.

You do realise that the number of players and there subs wont be as important anymore due to the cash shops revenue from the time poor buying what they can grind due to being time poor.

The only problem with this idea is that I guarantee the people buying the most cartel coins at the moment are...subscribers....no F2P person is going to buy cartel coins for endgame T7 space mission gear when they're already spending an arm and a leg just unlocking everything they need to stay F2P and have a full-experience. (although most probably will never buy a single coin)

So subscribers are still the number one source of income and will probably always be the number one source of income and so it would behoove EAware to keep these people happy. F2P is a bandaid, not a permanent solution.

Edited by Korusus

You can buy all the pieces without using the Shop, but you'll probably have to grind non-Heroic Space missions for a while. I'm just going to grind out the pieces, it's not that expensive really.

EA is no longer in any position to buy out anyone. They themselves are in danger of being bought out.