more huttball maps please

noodlehaus

Definitely agree.

And you'd think it would be a good decision for the devs since they already have the Huttball UI and mechanics in place, so it seems like they'd be able to push out map variations faster.

Maybe they'll be selling "Huttball 2 Entry Tickets" on the Cartel Market... :rolleyes:

It'd be nice if they could simply 'randomize' a different map for every instance ... wouldn't be too terribly hard to implement, slightly longer load screens, but would be interesting to have to think/strategize on-the-fly for a change.

At least implement some random obstacles, have the "hutts" toss in grenades if you camp in one spot too long, have more than one ball drop location, etc.. Plenty of simple ways to trick it up just a bit to keep it fresh.

"Let's PLAYYYYY HuttBAAAAAALL !!!" :jawa_biggrin:

It's my favorite as well he he... Great idea !!!

And with new teams as well :

"STOMPRATS SCOOOOOOORE !!!"

"Seems like BATCATS have a new strategy : let the STOMPRATS win !"

"Stay away from the hazard MUDSNAKES !!!"

:jawa_wink:

anyone agree? even if it's the same mechanics. the warzone is just awesome and having more maps for it would really make WZ farming more interesting.

I second this. I'm not sure what kind of layout I would look for, but maybe some kind of circular map where you had to get down levels to get to the ball, then circle and climb your way back out to either side to score, or pass up the side, but with maybe overhangs and walls that prevent you from just tossing it up boom-boom-boom in a chain.

But I would definitely like another Huttball map or two.

I disagree, heres why.

No other WZ map caters, no, rewards one particular class archetype over others.

Force users dominate this map, the fact that they can bypass otherwise unpassable obstacles like fire/acid, and high walls, makes this map woefully unbalanced towards all class types.

Can the other classes survive and prosper, certaintly. Can they do so with the same amount of relative ease, not likely.

Force Charge + Force Speed + Huttball = We win

Edited by Variden

I disagree, heres why.

No other WZ map caters, no, rewards one particular class archetype over others.

Force users dominate this map, the fact that they can bypass otherwise unpassable obstacles like fire/acid, and high walls, makes this map woefully unbalanced towards all class types.

Can the other classes survive and prosper, certaintly. Can they do so with the same amount of relative ease, not likely.

However, those classes are available on both teams. And usually come in relatively equal setting. People often forget that warzones are a team effort. Yes, they may force charge and force speed, however if they're instantly nuked in the center by e.g. agents, that didn't help them a lot.

People really ought to start looking at warzones more from a team perspective, rather than fighting against their own team more than against the opponents.

[...]

And get charged by force-powertechs/force-vanguards or pulled/grappled into acids/fires...

:jawa_wink:

anyone agree? even if it's the same mechanics. the warzone is just awesome and having more maps for it would really make WZ farming more interesting.

I agree and had been thinking the same thing! I was going to make a post about it. I enjoy Huttball very much and I think it would make the original map more fun to play if we also had a new map to enjoy Huttball on for some variety.

More maps and a "Huttball only" option in the que would be AMAZING. But if it's not possible then a few more maps would be nice.

I like and hate this idea. I like the idea because when I'm in the mood for huttball I get disappointed with everything else....but I'd hate that because I feel like that'd be more games of half the team being juggies and guardians.

I support this!

More maps and more traps - exploding ones, maybe? What about booby traps that one team can lure another team into. Wouldn't it be fun to lure noobs into a fire pit that they didn't know was there?

What about instead of the Sorc friendly mostly horizontal map we have right now a tall map with melee scrumming at the bottom for the ball and then you have to reach the top to score (meaning the ranged would have to control the end zone)?

I support this!

More maps and more traps - exploding ones, maybe? What about booby traps that one team can lure another team into. Wouldn't it be fun to lure noobs into a fire pit that they didn't know was there?

What about instead of the Sorc friendly mostly horizontal map we have right now a tall map with melee scrumming at the bottom for the ball and then you have to reach the top to score (meaning the ranged would have to control the end zone)?

Strange, I thought that I was the only one thinking that way-

yes, more huttball please.

I have been playing with the idea of a 5 level huttball map with 2 or 3 elevators that are constantly in motion. There are the usual traps/whatnot, in addition to holes on each level for passing/attacking through. One elevator (or two, if three elevators are impemented) would move slowly, while the other moves quickly. Yeah, it's a little convoluted, and the HERP engine probably couldn't handle it, but it sure would be different. Nice, even.

originally posted in PvP forums, sorry for pimping my own comments:p