Will I be able to trade in the Battlemaster gear that I just bought TODAY?

Sendai_S

I had no idea the BM gear was being taken out and now I've gone and spent nearly 3000+ comms on gear today (just-before-the-patch-day) that I'm guessing will be substandard to compete properly..... please tell me they THOUGHT of this and are going to have an in-game trade in program?

Why would you even bother buying any Battlemaster gear this past week?

Because I don't haunt the forums in search of every little detail and I didn't KNOW about it until jsut a few hours ago... which was a few hours after i got the gear.....

Because I don't haunt the forums in search of every little detail and I didn't KNOW about it until jsut a few hours ago... which was a few hours after i got the gear.....

If you are dont track the game news then why do you bother to backtrade the BM gear?

You have enjoyed the game in your own way. Keep playing it as you do it and don't keep an eye on all this changes.

How could you not know? Been common knowledge for awhile now...

Anyway, assuming you haven't modded it, just return it. If you HAVE modded it, then put in a ticket asap.

It's not uncommon for people to play this game and not be a forum monkey like yourself. It never came up once in the general chat until today. And I was like "huh?" And started asking about it.

I feel bad for anyone who get's shafted when they change the PVP armor. It happened before with the Champion bags and random number generator looted champ/battlemaster gear then and it's happening again now.

Does anyone have the stats on the new versions of the War Hero gear? I actuallly just heard that the stats were being adjusted lower.....

Not helpful. And not everyone has it or there wouldnt be people asking for it. Stop being a troll and try being helpful, please post a link to the comparison of new and old stats. Thanks.

Lol.. It is not hard to type in simple string in search field at Google.com and get what you want.

At least you'll learn how to get all the fresh info and to not feel yourslef f..ed up by every new patch...

But if you are lazy, or have some religious prohibitions.. ok.. Take it:

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/20/swtor-patch-1-6-elite-war-hero-pvp-gear/

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/21/swtor-patch-1-6-elite-war-hero-armor-inquisitorconsular-stats/

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/21/swtor-patch-1-6-elite-war-hero-armor-warrior-and-knight-stats/

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/21/swtor-patch-1-6-elite-war-hero-armor-agent-and-smuggler-stats/

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/21/swtor-patch-1-6-elite-war-hero-armor-bounty-hunter-and-trooper-stats/

No comparisons of old BM gear to new WH gear that is as I understand it replacing BM gear? That's what I'm asking for.

I had no idea the BM gear was being taken out and now I've gone and spent nearly 3000+ comms on gear today (just-before-the-patch-day) that I'm guessing will be substandard to compete properly..... please tell me they THOUGHT of this and are going to have an in-game trade in program?

How the hell did you not know they were getting rid of BM gear in 1.6?

I just checked your post history and you've been on the forums multiple times before, so it's not like the forums are foreign or new to you.

How the hell did you not know they were getting rid of BM gear in 1.6?

I just checked your post history and you've been on the forums multiple times before, so it's not like the forums are foreign or new to you.

I dont lurk here all the time unlike the other people that do - and apprently you. I have a life.

Time to realize that only a small percentage of people are obsessively minded to keep tabs on every little development note. (And try reading the thread cause someone already asked that....)

No comparisons of old BM gear to new WH gear that is as I understand it replacing BM gear? That's what I'm asking for.

Ok.. You are just lazy. I see.. You are clearly deserve to buy a BM gear in a day before it was replaced.

The «new» WH gear was introduced in patch 1.2(!) — more than half a year ago!

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/22/pvp-gearing-in-1-2/#4

You are don`t want to make any effort in tracking the basics of the game. ok

You are don`t want to do any research yourself. ok

I bet you are even pleading for someone to give you optimal spec for your class. lol.. ok.

Then why do you play the game at all? lol...

Missandei don't forget to hold his hand so you can guide his mouse and click that link :D

Hey guys I did something stupid coz I can't be bothered to go to forums unlike you no-lifers. can you help me?

Edited by GARhenus

I dont lurk here all the time unlike the other people that do - and apprently you. I have a life.

Time to realize that only a small percentage of people are obsessively minded to keep tabs on every little development note. (And try reading the thread cause someone already asked that....)

Dude you've *********** started 43 threads on the forums, and posted over 300 times on the forums. You're in no position to call anyone else having no life because you're definitely a forum lurker.

It's your fault you didn't know about this even though you frequent the forums so damn much. It makes me happy you wasted your comms.

Edited by Smashbrother

The troll is strong in this one

OP, there are tribes deep in the rain forest of south America who haver not even heard of a keyboard. The invention of plastic is foreign to them and they have yet to understand the concept of money and economy. To them, the Internet is a magical make believe story.

That said, even THEY knew about the WZ gear changes.

Edited by chimex

I was feeling bad for the OP at first, but after the insults and poor attitude I am kind of LMAO now..

I'm pretty sure that I am not alone on this one either.:cool:

Actually, I don't lurk here. But when something happens to the game that firectly effects me I come here when i have the time. Currently in my slow season for work. And this change hit me unawares. What doesn't surprise me is the lack of any sympathy from anyone. Mostly the people that post here seem to only want to post here to put people down so when I do post something, I tend to get feisty because they are doing exactly what I expect them to do - call me names and say I'm lying.

Fact: haven't played in months. SInce being back a month this is the first time I've posted other than the f2p/subscriber bug post that I made that happened to me that made my account act like f2p.

Next fact: I don't read the forums unless i have a reason too. On fleet, I generally don't read all the chat especially as all they seem to talk about is bacon. My guild is on voice chat so why would i even read it? When I finally caught wind of the BM gear change today, I can honestly say I wish I was surprised. But this is not he first time Bioware handled it (PVP gear changes) poorly. They did a similar thing with the Champion gear and champ bags system. So honestly, not really surprised.

Next fact: It's a valid reason to post about. Saying "pay more attention to news noob" (general vibe of most responses) is NOT a mature nor valid response to a legitimate concern. Asking for help on where to find the information I'm seeking from people who are supposedly supposed to know what they are talking about is also valid. But clearly, that's wrong to assume anyone knows anything here since it seems mostly this is troll ground. I wish it weren't so but if the shoe fits.... what's so hard about someone knowing where a direct comparison of the new War Hero (which I'm told is changing stats in 1.6 to lower stats than they are now) to the old BM gear that they are removing? I want to see how bad my waste of Warzone Comms was - especially if I can't get a refund.

So feel free to keep making fun of my posts. I don't care. What matters is that like the previous PVP/Champ change this was handled badly, and just like say - all the people who had no idea the Rakghoul event was going on - which there were plenty of people who completely skipped out about knowing about that when it happened... I didn't find out about the BM changes until apparently too late. I was busy leveling two different characters and my time on the fleet as mentioned earlier was spent not reading chat cause i didn't need to hear about bacon, my guild has voice, and I was harldy there except for when running from the exit of a flashpoint back to my ship to go back to my currnet XP planet while waiting for my next Warzone or FP to pop.

I have never spent endless minutes or hours idly chatting on the fleet about the greatness of bacon or the awesomeness of whatever it is you kids like to talk about these days.

An MMO player posting on a forum made for the specific purpose of discussing said MMO that he "has a life" and that he "doesn't lurk". Now I've seen everything.

Edited by cs_Kimmo

Actually, I don't lurk here. But when something happens to the game that firectly effects me I come here when i have the time. Currently in my slow season for work. And this change hit me unawares. What doesn't surprise me is the lack of any sympathy from anyone. Mostly the people that post here seem to only want to post here to put people down so when I do post something, I tend to get feisty because they are doing exactly what I expect them to do - call me names and say I'm lying.

Fact: haven't played in months. SInce being back a month this is the first time I've posted other than the f2p/subscriber bug post that I made that happened to me that made my account act like f2p.

Next fact: I don't read the forums unless i have a reason too. On fleet, I generally don't read all the chat especially as all they seem to talk about is bacon. My guild is on voice chat so why would i even read it? When I finally caught wind of the BM gear change today, I can honestly say I wish I was surprised. But this is not he first time Bioware handled it (PVP gear changes) poorly. They did a similar thing with the Champion gear and champ bags system. So honestly, not really surprised.

Next fact: It's a valid reason to post about. Saying "pay more attention to news noob" (general vibe of most responses) is NOT a mature nor valid response to a legitimate concern. Asking for help on where to find the information I'm seeking from people who are supposedly supposed to know what they are talking about is also valid. But clearly, that's wrong to assume anyone knows anything here since it seems mostly this is troll ground. I wish it weren't so but if the shoe fits.... what's so hard about someone knowing where a direct comparison of the new War Hero (which I'm told is changing stats in 1.6 to lower stats than they are now) to the old BM gear that they are removing? I want to see how bad my waste of Warzone Comms was - especially if I can't get a refund.

So feel free to keep making fun of my posts. I don't care. What matters is that like the previous PVP/Champ change this was handled badly, and just like say - all the people who had no idea the Rakghoul event was going on - which there were plenty of people who completely skipped out about knowing about that when it happened... I didn't find out about the BM changes until apparently too late. I was busy leveling two different characters and my time on the fleet as mentioned earlier was spent not reading chat cause i didn't need to hear about bacon, my guild has voice, and I was harldy there except for when running from the exit of a flashpoint back to my ship to go back to my currnet XP planet while waiting for my next Warzone or FP to pop.

I have never spent endless minutes or hours idly chatting on the fleet about the greatness of bacon or the awesomeness of whatever it is you kids like to talk about these days.

Pay more attetion to news you noob =)

I didnt found that out about reading the forum, someone else told me and i came here to confirm, that was like 1 day after they posted in the forums,. However given your attitude i am not surprised you don't have any friends to tell stuff to you and you are probably on the ignore list of most people in your server. Advice : Stop being such a douche =)