Relics for neutral players?

Kornmanz

you can get relics that have no alignment requirement by getting matrix shards

(Sorry, quote is supposed to be from Lord Barak but I clicked on the wrong button)

Thanks for the tip, however...Way. Too. Hard.

After the 20th time failing to get jumps right to get to a matrix shard, or waiting however long for that Tatooine hot air balloon, it's so frustrating I want to log out (and punch my monitor). That should not be necessary if LS and DS characters dont have to do the same for their relics.

Edited by Lynzi

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the 20th time failing to get jumps right to get to a matrix shard, or waiting however long for that Tatooine hot air balloon, it's so frustrating I want to log out (and punch my monitor). That should not be necessary if LS and DS characters dont have to do the same for their relics.

I would take waiting a few minutes in the desert over the wait to reach Dark V. Yeah, it's not like you hit that overnight.

So get warzone or basic commendations.

People are so childish and stubborn... want something that requires light or dark so bad, choose a side and grind it. Seriously, it's not like there's anything at all you can't live without if you're not Light or Dark V, you're just crying to hear yourselves cry, imo.

So, neutral players are just supposed to accept that in pvp they will always be beaten by LS/DS characters unless they're level 50? Because if all the other gear is equal, that's what will happen.

So get warzone or basic commendations.

Ok, don't know what's up with the quote button, maybe it's my phone. I was trying to quote the person saying the tatooine ballon takes a "few" minutes.

A few? Try 39 minutes if you just missed it. Maybe 20 on average, and that's just to get on. Then another 20 or so to get to the matrix shard. Then if you miss the jumps, start over. If LS/DS characters had to do that to get relics before level 50, a character below 50 who had a relic would be a very rare occurrence. Not to mention, if it was reversed, and neutral characters (below 50) could just instantly buy relics while you had to grind matrix shards to get one for your LS/DS purist character, you'd complain too.

Edited by Lynzi

So, neutral players are just supposed to accept that in pvp they will always be beaten by LS/DS characters unless they're level 50? Because if all the other gear is equal, that's what will happen.

A few? Try 39 minutes if you just missed it. Maybe 20 on average, and that's just to get on. Then another 20 or so to get to the matrix shard. Then if you miss the jumps, start over. If LS/DS characters had to do that to get relics before level 50, a character below 50 who had a relic would be a very rare occurrence. Not to mention, if it was reversed, and neutral characters (below 50) could just instantly buy relics while you had to grind matrix shards to get one for your LS/DS purist character, you'd complain too.

If you're getting **** on by sub-55's, I can give you a 100% GUARANTEE that relics are not the reason. For one, you can't even use PvE relics(from the LS/DS vendor, random drops, or the GTN) while in PvP. And since the effects wouldn't be bolstered anyhow, at MOST you'd get a measly .5% worth of any given stat from a clickable relic. The endurance boost is only noticeable for PvE content, and even then fairly negligible. Complaining about it is completely pointless.

If you're having THAT much trouble getting your matrix shard, then ask a friend to help as there are multiple ways to reach various places such as the sandcrawler. And don't forget that you can't even make a cube for sub-50 with 3 of the same color shards to begin with, so find out where the others are and hunt them down instead

Worst-case-scenario, you can always farm Black Talon/Esseles for alignment points so you can use the lowbie relics of your choice. Whining about not having the option isn't going to get you anywhere, especially when you consider the simplicity of the solutions I described above.

tl;dr - PvE relics can't be used in PvP and you can farm lowbie Flashpoints for alignment points.

If you're getting **** on by sub-55's, I can give you a 100% GUARANTEE that relics are not the reason. For one, you can't even use PvE relics(from the LS/DS vendor, random drops, or the GTN) while in PvP. And since the effects wouldn't be bolstered anyhow, at MOST you'd get a measly .5% worth of any given stat from a clickable relic. The endurance boost is only noticeable for PvE content, and even then fairly negligible. Complaining about it is completely pointless.

If you're having THAT much trouble getting your matrix shard, then ask a friend to help as there are multiple ways to reach various places such as the sandcrawler. And don't forget that you can't even make a cube for sub-50 with 3 of the same color shards to begin with, so find out where the others are and hunt them down instead

Worst-case-scenario, you can always farm Black Talon/Esseles for alignment points so you can use the lowbie relics of your choice. Whining about not having the option isn't going to get you anywhere, especially when you consider the simplicity of the solutions I described above.

tl;dr - PvE relics can't be used in PvP and you can farm lowbie Flashpoints for alignment points.

Actually mate, you CAN use the PvE relics in PvP...I still do on my sub 55s. The stats still help and if you use the crappy green relics you get bolstered higher than normal because they aren't the blue ones from flashpoints! Causing those green relics to help you more (as it bolsters you past the blue quality) than if you had the blue relics (that won't be bolstered). Amazng what testing shows rather than theorycrafting huh?

It would take pretty impressive command of English language to properly capture the sheer amount of büllshït and stupidity in this. I estimate there are approx 2000-7000 people alive in world who would be able to properly describe how incredibly disappointing and dumb game design in all ways it is to punish neutral people by restricting gear off them. Unfortunatelly I can only assume none of these people play TOR.

Current system rewards people who are stupidly good or one dimensionally, boringly evul. It punishes people/characters who just follow their hearts and introduce varying degree of chaos and human nature to their decisions. It forces and funnels people into mission professions that enable to manipulate LS/DS points.

Fact that redeeming this is STILL on some ridiculous " wall of crazy we'd like to do this stay tuned for news on cantina tours of 2016!!!" is just..gh. This is what they have been saying since end of beta btw.

It is easy to despise the way this game is being devved, srs;p It isn't even that hard to fix. Gawd. But hay gotta add more bathrobes and holo trees for five dollah and new, very good looking, corridors to fleet that are completely and solely devoted to ensuring these 5 dollah transactions happen as much as possible. fu EA. Just FU.

Edited by Stradlin

Hey everyone; I asked Lead Designer Damion Schubert for an update on neutral gear. He let me know that the implementation of this feature isn't planned for the immediate future, but that it's still something we want to do. When we do add it, you can expect a variety of gear for neutral-aligned players.

1 year and 4 months later, still nothing. I guess we are still in the "immediate" future.

Edited by Trollokdamus

Actually mate, you CAN use the PvE relics in PvP...I still do on my sub 55s. The stats still help and if you use the crappy green relics you get bolstered higher than normal because they aren't the blue ones from flashpoints! Causing those green relics to help you more (as it bolsters you past the blue quality) than if you had the blue relics (that won't be bolstered). Amazng what testing shows rather than theorycrafting huh?

Actually mate, you can't use PvE relics in PvP ....I've tried it on my sub 55's. The innate stats work, but the on-use effects do not. The endurance boost is incredibly small and insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I've had more success with not having any relics equipped over having a low level LS/DS one in the slot.

*snip*

Current system rewards people who are stupidly good or one dimensionally, boringly evul. It punishes people/characters who just follow their hearts and introduce varying degree of chaos and human nature to their decisions. It forces and funnels people into mission professions that enable to manipulate LS/DS points.

*snip*

You know what else is really sad? Your inability to comprehend the difference in play styles between players. The number of players choosing every single Dark or Light side option whenever presented is far from a majority. Even if they don't see it as a limiting factor, its their choice to play that way.

For those of us who like to make REAL choices in game and perhaps even roleplay, there are still options out there to make sure we meet the simple number requirement for alignment points. Its only a number, so farming low level flashpoints for LS/DS points will not have any effect on how you play your story. As far as the story itself is concerned, having a specific number of Light or Dark side points will have absolutely NO effect AT ALL on how your story progresses. There are no 'extra' dialog choices based on your alignment like in KotOR or Mass Effect, so play your character as neutral as you like. The meter itself is just a way to keep track of how many points you have overall, and of course make you look like a pasty clown if you go Dark Side. For the record, playing your character to keep as close to 0 on the meter is just as extreme as choosing every single dark or light side option.

tl;dr - Don't come on the forums whining about bullshìt that you can overcome easily with a few runs of BT/Esseles. It's been this way since launch, and theres absolutely no reason to change it now. If BW decides to actually do something with alignment, then they'll probably do something with the relics at that point. Until then, live and let live.

You know what else is really sad? Your inability to comprehend the difference in play styles between players. The number of players choosing every single Dark or Light side option whenever presented is far from a majority. Even if they don't see it as a limiting factor, its their choice to play that way.

If something is done in soul crushingly stupid fashion on concept level, I'm not sure if it makes any sense to DEFEND it by explaining how you can go around it.

Do you find it interesting how none of what you say actually justifies the system? You don't even attempt to offer explanation for why it was done this way. Instead, you attempt to appologize on its behalf by explaining the various methods of going around it.

Fact of the matter is, TOR rewards you if you go with bland black and white gameplay where person is either Paladin from some trash fantasy or a cartoon villain. Even devs of the game have repeatedly said there is need and plans to fix this. It is very interesting how YOU deemed it fit to whine me about failing to see ppl have different playstyles;p

Is this some gigantic issue that suffocates peoples' ability to enjoy game?`No. Is this a plain dumb, stupid feat to have? Surely.

When it comes to your TLDR,it is pretty hillarious how you first end up in thread titled " relics for neutral players" and manage to feign a high horse upon "discovering" how the thread , *gasp* ,, is about people being frustrated there are no relics for neutral players.

Edited by Stradlin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.