lolsmash ?

thamightyboro

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suggestion put a 15 sec cd make it max 3 targets and reduce the smash dmg by 20% over the board

and make obliterate only 50% chance of crit

problem solved and the roflfacerollers moves to something else

i remember 1.2 when juggs and maras screamed bloody murder when BH's hit for 6.5k with heatseekers

Edited by greviouz

Nope its not, assassins in the wzs are doing much more dps than the smashers. They have more defensive cooldowns in comparision to the juggernaut smashers.

Have you played a smasher class? Or do you repeat what you've heard from the others?

Because i have, as i have leveled every class in this game through pvp.

Assassins doing more dmg than smashers? Maybe if the smash monkey is in recruit and assassin in EWH? I play both assassin and rage marauder with over 3500 WZs won on both and my sin doesn't come even close to the dmg marauder pulls. Smash dmg is too high and I don't see why people still argue about it other than being afraid of losing IWIn button.

Are BW actually going to do anything with it or even acknowledge its an issue I don't spend much time on forums so haven't seen if they have acknowledged it's a problem and if they are planning to do anything about it had a quick search but certainly couldn't find anything by them on the issue.

10 warzones today 90% of both teams made up of smashers being hit for up to 9k is great fun (full wh v my full bm minus ear and 1 implant)

sounds like we got about the same gear, my smash will hit for under 1k or maybe couple hundred with peep on shiled up so u only off bout 8k pluss on your damage there , smash on same gear with no bubble hit for at beast 5k that is 2 out of 10 try if that, smash on completely undergeared player 7k

anybody else saying different is completely false and incompetent player, just because u got rocked dont mean you have to make up numbers

The thought of them toning down smash along with buffs to other AC scares me because regardless of how "OP" smash is atm it's a pretty good spec to have as fotm. It would have been way worse with a fotm stealth class (I don't consider assassin to be one since only 1 out of 10 seems to get it right) or sorcs running wild.

1. Slight nerf to smash. I can't remember the last time my DF hit for more than 4K but I'm still, as a sorc, getting smashed for 7K (1396 expertise). 5K on WH sorcs would be resonable. I don't know what that translates in to on other classes but 5K is big enough to assure that people will still play the class.

2. Nerf to freaking PT dots. That stuff is silly.

3. Nerf operative healers to the ground. Yeah I said it, they are stupidly OP.

4. Replace sorc bubble stun with a root, when popped on people other than the caster.

5. Restrict mercs and commandos from entering warzones until said AC'es are fixed. No, we do not wish to play with you and in the event that you're actually decent on merc/commando you're going to be amazing on something els so we will be doing you a favor. 90 % of all games as a pub are lost because there are two or more commandos on the team.

Edited by Washingtoon

5. Restrict mercs and commandos from entering warzones until said AC'es are fixed. No, we do not wish to play with you and in the event that you're actually decent on merc/commando you're going to be amazing on something els so we will be doing you a favor. 90 % of all games as a pub are lost because there are two or more commandos on the team.

You haven't been running with the right commandos then. Granted, they aren't where they should be as an AC where PvP is concerned but I've seen what happens when you have a couple of good ones on a team that know how to support the rest.

And yes, it probably could have been done easier and better with another AC. But hey, consider it a skill test to be able to do good on a commando.

<< .... Smash dmg is too high and I don't see why people still argue about it other than being afraid of losing IWIn button. >>

Because smashers get out-damaged and outdps'd all of the time (except by mercenaries who are typically played by bad players that can't push 3 buttons and like to spam msg boards)?

Are BW actually going to do anything with it or even acknowledge its an issue I don't spend much time on forums so haven't seen if they have acknowledged it's a problem and if they are planning to do anything about it had a quick search but certainly couldn't find anything by them on the issue.

10 warzones today 90% of both teams made up of smashers being hit for up to 9k is great fun (full wh v my full bm minus ear and 1 implant)

go play a pyro pt, then talk about a op class in pvp lol... 9k means your not in at least regular warhero gear, get some gear and those will go down to 4-5k crits

Edited by HollowVamp

imo super procced smashes should give their targets a buff which makes any super procced smash done within 3-5 secs of the first one do 30%-50% less dmg, or something like that :) but ya alot of classes have plenty of skills which hit for 5k+ on shorter cds than smash/force sweep so i dunno, it shouldnt b nerfed too much, the prob is the aoe smash trains imo :) Edited by TrueEquality

I like to play PVP, but I am not that much into min/max-ing or FOTM changes as I still use Watchman, so I would appreciate if someone could explain this "smash" problem to me.

I understand this is a big change since there are so many outrcries about it, and since I would like to become more competitive in PVP, I at least should understand this so called problem.

TBH i dont like nerfs it takes away the people enjoyment of their class.

The problem with smashers (especially for Jugs/guards and not so much for sent/marauders) is the combination of CC immunity on leap + 100% crit chance + CC + huge damage and ofcourse the lack of LoS in this game. Take something out of this equation (not everything) and all will be just fine. 3 coordinated juggs is a one shot... that is the lame part.

Edited by Princz

TBH i dont like nerfs it takes away the people enjoyment of their class.

The problem with smashers (especially for Jugs/guards and not so much for sent/marauders) is the combination of CC immunity on leap + 100% crit chance + CC + huge damage and ofcourse the lack of LoS in this game. Take something out of this equation (not everything) and all will be just fine. 3 coordinated juggs is a one shot... that is the lame part.

lol, are you seriously saying a rage jugg is more of a threat than a rage mara?...also rage juggs don't have immunity to cc on charge, that is a talent in the third tier of the vengeance tree.

lol, are you seriously saying a rage jugg is more of a threat than a rage mara?...also rage juggs don't have immunity to cc on charge, that is a talent in the third tier of the vengeance tree.

Its in the middle of vengeance tree and it is possible in hybrid vengeance/rage build

and yes i think of Juggs more of a threat ihmo ofcourse, maurauders are a DPS class after all

Edited by Princz

Its in the middle of vengeance tree and it is possible in hybrid vengeance/rage build

and yes i think of Juggs more of a threat ihmo ofcourse, maurauders are a DPS class after all

I doubt there's many of those builds going around out there, you can't get your 31 point talent force crush if you do this...that leaves only force choke and enrage to generate stacks of shockwave.

Juggs are good yes, but Mara's are better. They have better defensive cd's and have higher dps than their jugg counterpart. If a jugg and mara of equal skill and gear went head to head the mara would come out on top.

My only concern about smashers is, that when the inevitable bubble stun nerf comes (and it's coming, and that's from BW), how overpowered they will truly be. A smasher can pretty much out DPS any class in the game currently, normals and ranked. Without too much AoE, PT Pyro can match the DPS with avoiding stuns from bubbles, and a Madness Sorc can outdps Smash/Pyro just because they avoid the bubble stun, being 30m class.

But, taking into consideration, that Smashers will be bubble stunned a great amount of time, doesn't it strike odd that they can still pull the top DPS numbers? So, take away the stuns, and what, you get a balanced class?

Edited by SneiK

The problem is not the Jugg/Mara smash itself. The issue is a group of two or three FF'ing someone; all hitting smash at the same time for 5k-7k each. I play a Jugg in Rage spec with fully augmented WH and I can tell you that between the stun locking and usually getting marked for FF, a lone Jugg, even with a pocket healer, is not much of a threat if they are focused. Maras with their freaking defensive CD's are much more capable.

Don't even get me started on the burst ability of a Deception Assassin, which I have played in WZs a bit as well.

Edited by BlownSi

My only concern about smashers is, that when the inevitable bubble stun nerf comes (and it's coming, and that's from BW), how overpowered they will truly be. A smasher can pretty much out DPS any class in the game currently, normals and ranked. Without too much AoE, PT Pyro can match the DPS with avoiding stuns from bubbles, and a Madness Sorc can outdps Smash/Pyro just because they avoid the bubble stun, being 30m class.

But, taking into consideration, that Smashers will be bubble stunned a great amount of time, doesn't it strike odd that they can still pull the top DPS numbers? So, take away the stuns, and what, you get a balanced class?

Hope, you love easy kill guardians/juggs tanks with your pyro.

But I am love easy kill pyros with my lolsmash focus spec.

Its calls balance thing dude :D If you dont wanna be fast smashed, go go in your powertech tank tree :o

Full madness sorcs die in 4-5 secs after their bubble pops, which is fast compared to lightning trees.

If sorcs stun bubble does get nerfed, there will be no reason to play a sorc in any WZ.

The heals are weaker and they can easily be knocked off their ground circle aoe heal and two shotted.

So anyone who plays ranged , or smash knows that sorcs are the best targets for high crit numbers and damage.

Currently sorcs are stupidly easy to kill from ranged, and if a stun bubble nerf comes they will be stupidly easy to kill from melee range.

I can utterly destroy ANY sorc/ sage on every server with sniper,jugg,Mara,PT,assassin, and op.

EVERYTIME. Not a boast just simple fact. Sorcs are the best targets in WZ because after their shield is down they die in secs and give you your best opportunity for epeen high bragging crits.

I feel sad for anyone who plays this game with a sorc/sage. Because if I don't kill you in 5 secs I am simply farming your weak @ss for easy DPS numbers and can one shot you at anytime.

For all you trolls that think you can Los me and run off , grab a medpack or wait till you get your health back up, I have killed two of your buddies restealthed, or waited for cool downs, and then can take your shield down and rape you when you finally get the courage to rejoin the fight. Also if your betting on your dots to do anything, I can clear them with an instant cast and all you have left is an easily interruptible lightning or lol lightning strike.

So good luck to all those sorc/sage mains out there, best bet start your reroll now.