HK 51 Droid parts mission = rage quitting?

Chimeran

Not sure I fully understand this mission in the Jedi Temple ruins for the 3rd droid part.

I have been searching for over 2 hours now, carefully grid searching and still no droid part.

Seriously, I subscribed to do the mission but what is with the Temple ruins?

I had obtained 3 way points from other players and also completed a grid search of the temple, still nothing.

Why make the mission so ridiculous? Needle in a haystack ..... come on Dev's, some of us are casual players.

Also heard the part can even reset if someone else finds it.... yeah logical there.

Bored... ready to rage quit. :mad:

Hmm... so I've done the HK quest three times now on three different toons. No problems finding the parts. It takes a little patience sometimes, but it was not meant to pop up right in front of you. You have to do a little work, but it is in the general area.

I recommend going to http://dulfy.net/2012/10/11/swtor-patch-1-5the-hunt-for-hk-51companion-droid/

Hmm... so I've done the HK quest three times now on three different toons. No problems finding the parts. It takes a little patience sometimes, but it was not meant to pop up right in front of you. You have to do a little work, but it is in the general area.

I recommend going to http://dulfy.net/2012/10/11/swtor-patch-1-5the-hunt-for-hk-51companion-droid/

Was using that site and also vids on youtube.

I do not expect it to be right in front of me, I have been at it over 2 hours... that is long enough. I start in the outer edge and work my way clockwise into the middle , so 4 circles all the way round.

It is purely just another time sink and not a fun one if you luck out like I have.

Up until this point, it was a very fun mission to do.

Best option is to get about 10 people make a OPS group then when one person finds it you all can find each other easier....

You do know if someone else finds it it stays up for about a minute and anyone can loot it....

Edited by ZORG

Only place I ever seem to have trouble finding a part is on Taris.

If you're having trouble go search for other parts and come back to this one later. Being there when there are lots of other people searching helps a lot cuz usually everyone calls out when they find it, but playing in the middle of the night means fewer people so try during peak times.

Jedi Temple part of the quest for the droid sucked bad for me too. I finally got it after about 3 hours of nitpicking in there. Worst problem is not the temple, it's finding ppl to do the group crap with, especially when you're a solo player who's never done it before. I solo'd everything, but the group part is keeping me from getting the last 2 bits, lol.

Not sure I fully understand this mission in the Jedi Temple ruins for the 3rd droid part.

I have been searching for over 2 hours now, carefully grid searching and still no droid part.

I had obtained 3 way points from other players and also completed a grid search of the temple, still nothing.

Why make the mission so ridiculous? Needle in a haystack ..... come on Dev's, some of us are casual players.

Also heard the part can even reset if someone else finds it.... yeah logical there.

When I was doing the run to collect all the parts it was essential you talk to other people who are also searching and co-ordinate. Remember it doesn't matter who finds it, anyone can click it for about a minute after it pops up (thank you imps who found the one on Hoth for my republic character to collect).

So, go tot he temple and immediately ask in general chat who else is looking for the part. Say hello and then ask that as soon as someone gets a "ping" (The part you require is within x metres) they shout out so you can all help. Now make sure you're searching away from others, and off you go.

As soon as someone gets that ping all rush over and search the area. You will get there, but it will take time.

HK isn't supposed to be a walk in the park to get - to be honest the searching for the parts is the most difficult stage as the Flashpoints won't cause you too much grief.

Jedi Temple part of the quest for the droid sucked bad for me too. I finally got it after about 3 hours of nitpicking in there. Worst problem is not the temple, it's finding ppl to do the group crap with, especially when you're a solo player who's never done it before. I solo'd everything, but the group part is keeping me from getting the last 2 bits, lol.

I know right?

Its like this game was designed to be played with other people or something!

Bioware needs to get thier sh*t together and stop with all the multiplayer crap in this MMO! ( 2nd m red for importance. )

There is a little thing called "Group Finder"

It is your friend.

P.S. I to am a solo player, and yet I still was able to do the group content with other people.

P.P.S Seriously

Edited by thaawn

Oh, wow...searching for Droid parts was the best and most cute quest I have done ! I was so excited knowing I am doing it for my Droidy that is waiting for me somewhere; and all of those people searching, giving coordinates, sounds of the detector...I can't wait to do it on my alts ! ;)

Oh, wow...searching for Droid parts was the best and most cute quest I have done ! I was so excited knowing I am doing it for my Droidy that is waiting for me somewhere; and all of those people searching, giving coordinates, sounds of the detector...I can't wait to do it on my alts ! ;)

Dude that sig made laugh, but. . .

. . .can't tell if serious or. . .

I'm a casual player but i had no problems with finding the parts (not looking at the fact being gimped 50000 times by reps) It takes a while when you are alone but try to hook up with someone or a friend. i did all the quests with a friend in 3 hours.

Best option is to get about 10 people make a OPS group then when one person finds it you all can find each other easier....

You do know if someone else finds it it stays up for about a minute and anyone can loot it....

^This

When I looked for them I think Taris took me about an hour and all of the others took 20 minutes or less, all grouped. We found the Hoth one in like 3 minutes. It's some luck, google for guides the post confirmed locations to check and always group for it. duffy.net is always good for guides, last I checked she had at least one confirmed point for each part.

I hope this helps.

Yup, dev who designed that quest should go back to being a janitor. Everything from the forced PvP for a PvE pet, to the excrutiatingly boring repeated scans is just horrible and just plain lazy on their part (surprise, surprise).

The PvP part will get a bit easier but the parts search is only going to get worse as there are less and less raid sized teams helping to look. It took some raids about 30 minutes of mindless scanning to find one sometimes ... I can only imagine how frustrating itll be in a few months when you have 2-3 players looking per area.

I was on my last part (HM foundry/maelstrom) and took a daily HM queue.

bunch of 12k marauders and a 17k tank...hmnnn ok...

I heal my way through an insane amount of stupid, go to loot the final part...and find theres no glowing yellow beam for me....

everyone else gets loot, but not me. I also find I do not get comms for my HM daily complete, although the complete does count towards my weekly...???? ***...

send in tickets, no loot, no HK part, no comms.

no help.

so, i guess I get to do that **** all over again. So much fum for pvp players to do PVE nonsense- especially carrying 3 tardlets through the thing. needless to say I rage quit and watched TV for the rest of the night.

/senorchang

I heal my way through an insane amount of stupid, go to loot the final part...and find theres no glowing yellow beam for me....

everyone else gets loot, but not me. I also find I do not get comms for my HM daily complete, although the complete does count towards my weekly...???? ***...

no help.

so, i guess I get to do that **** all over again. So much fum for pvp players to do PVE nonsense- especially carrying 3 tardlets through the thing. needless to say I rage quit and watched TV for the rest of the night.

/senorchang

It wasn't supposed to drop from the boss himself. It is supposed to be right next to the chest on Foundry. I am not sure about Maelstrom Prison.

no help.

/senorchang

Hmm... this happened to me on the pub side. No yellow beam of light. However, I checked my inventory and sure enough I had it. So, in my experience when someone claims it it goes to everyone that needs it. Check your inventory. Mission inventory, to be clear.

Edited by Rafaman

Serious question: did you remember the scanner? Because I'm a republic loyalist, and when I sent my imp to find it on kaas, I didn't know I had to send him the scanner. Is it possible you just did it the other way around?

If not, remember: when one person finds it, it respawns somewhere else.

no help.

/senorchang

Are you sure you don't have it? Some parts just go into your inventory.

Hmm... this happened to me on the pub side. No yellow beam of light. However, I checked my inventory and sure enough I had it. So, in my experience when someone claims it it goes to everyone that needs it. Check your inventory.

yeah It was republic side, and I checked inventory, but no part :mad:

the checklist for the mission still shows the part listed too- the only one left, and its not in my mission items list.

The fact I got no BH comms also suggests something glitched out on that end, so it was a double whammy of rewards failures.

Oh well. ill run it again someday, just sucks to carry lames through a hardmode for nothing.