Idea for Bringing Revan back

Trixdope

Why should the Jedi hold a funeral for him, having in mind his strained relationship with the order in the Revan novel? Not to mention that by the time TOR takes place, it's not like Revan is that widely recognized as this all powerful Jedi everyone should aspire to.

Well the general point was that the only sense in which Revan should 'come back' is an acknowledgement that he's gone, done, finito. Rather than continuing to beat a horse that should have died 300 years ago.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the general point was that the only sense in which Revan should 'come back' is an acknowledgement that he's gone, done, finito. Rather than continuing to beat a horse that should have died 300 years ago.

We can say the same thing with how often Sidious was brought back in the EU because nobody could think of a better villain (something that shouldn't be that hard!!). But in all honesty, anything can happen. We don't see Revan die, which means they left a plothole open in which they can use to bring him back if a good story can be made out of it. The same way we know that Vitiate is killed, but since he exists as Essence, there's always a chance he can come back in some other form.

Ultimately, they want Revan to go out a Hero, not just another crazy jedi. Probably something along the lines of Vader turning on the Emperor at the last second, but even more masterfully done. Like, say, Revan is wrestling with the Dark Side again, but this time is instead saved by the Sith in a FP, and at the end he fulfills his destiny to stop the Sith Emperor by taking him into the Force completely in a moment of true sacrifice, forever binding Vitiate. With a final scene of Revan's passing soul being greeted by Meetra Surik alongside Bastila Shan and her son, the child of Revan whom he never got to see or hold even once, and there to finally become one with the Force.

And then...with the Emperor gone, a throne held for nearly fifteen-hundred years...who could ascend to it as the new Dark Lord of the Sith, the Sith Emperor?...well, who else could it be...other than the Sith Inquisitor, the Heir of Kallig and Tulak Hord, the Force Walker who has bound the souls of the dead within himself...and even...a piece of the Emperor as well. His fragment...the Voice...taken and bound. Darth Nox/Imperius/Occulus ascends as the True Emperor. *cue Sith theme*

It sure sounds interesting, I'd love to see Revan back, even if it's only a small comeback, or even a flashback. Revan always used to be OP, and then he has such a weak exit in the foundry imho. Even Darth Malgus gave a way more powerful impression than Revan did, which ain't quite correct. Okay, Revan was extremely weakened after being trapped for so long, but still...

We don't see Malgus die exactly either. We knock his bald *** down a shaft (ala Sidious) and then everyone has to escape before the station explodes (ala Death Star). We suspect Malgus is dead, but there's always a chance he had a way out and is just waiting to see what happens with the Empire on Makeb. Will it fall and be defeated by the Republic? Or will they get their act together and stand stronger than before?

Imagine being controlled by Vitiate your whole life, turning against your people and friends, being betrayed by your best friend for more power, and finally being stripped away from your family to be trapped in stasis for 300 freakin years after you finally stop all the damage you caused and killed your best friend.

I think the dude has the right to just wanna finish the Emperor and the Sith empire off already, any means necessary, and I'd like a flashpoint where he attacks Kaas city, has an epic battle with the emperor, kills him, and becomes one with the force after being finished off by our characters.

The FP could be called Attack of Kaas city. Republic version is helping attack it with Revan, but failing to save him at the end but finally finishing off the emperor. Empire version is obviously defending Vitiate, failing, but killing Revan.

Edited by Jemfisto

Imagine being controlled by Vitiate your whole life, turning against your people and friends, being betrayed by your best friend for more power, and finally being stripped away from your family to be trapped in stasis for 300 freakin years after you finally stop all the damage you caused and killed your best friend.

I think the dude has the right to just wanna finish the Emperor and the Sith empire off already, any means necessary, and I'd like a flashpoint where he attacks Kaas city, has an epic battle with the emperor, kills him, and becomes one with the force after being finished off by our characters.

The FP could be called Attack of Kaas city. Republic version is helping attack it with Revan, but failing to save him at the end but finally finishing off the emperor. Empire version is obviously defending Vitiate, failing, but killing Revan.

You do attack Kaas City. Pretty much what happens in the Jedi Knight storyline, minus revan.

If he is dead (which I don't believe, he seemed to teleport out, but whatever), leave him as dead as Bucky.

oh wait, they brought him back too, didn't they? :rak_08:

Ok, dead as Jason Todd.

Doh!

Dead as Uncle Ben!

Got it!

So it'll be called "Doin the George Lucas" and it'll make people stop enjoying the game?

I doubt the forums are indicative of the general game population of Revan obsessed fanboys who can't live in a world where he isn't continually reinserted into every Star Wars game from now until the end of time.

And yeah, I remember how thoroughly the prequel trilogy bombed in theaters because of 'Doin the George Lucas'. :p

Edited by jovianus

I doubt the forums are indicative of the general game population of Revan obsessed fanboys who can't live in a world where he isn't continually reinserted into every Star Wars game from now until the end of time.

And yeah, I remember how thoroughly the prequel trilogy bombed in theaters because of 'Doin the George Lucas'. :p

They bombed? In what universe?

EP 1: Budget $115mil, Box: $1 billion

EP 2: Budget $115mil, Box: $649 mil

EP 3: Budget $113mil, Box: $848 mil

Mixed to positive reviews.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi