Idea for Bringing Revan back

Trixdope

Dude, go read a book. There are hundreds in the starwars franchise, true, but the four I'm talking about are realativly easy to find. Lucas Wrote Nine books and then made movies off the middle three. I've never understood why he did that, but hey, he's the one who made billions off the franchise, I'm just a fan.

Now, MOST starwars books are what is known as 'Official Fannon". Basically people write fanfiction and approach Lucas for aproval and printing, if he likes it it becomes cannon. The stuff I said about sidious though is easy enough to find. If you don'tlike listening to me, go read wookiepedia. It's sort of hit or miss, but usually reliable.

Not sure if serious or troling... but just in case you are serious, its best you folow your own advice. You would be shocked of what you just wrote.

just saying.

Edited by Spartanik

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, go read a book. There are hundreds in the starwars franchise, true, but the four I'm talking about are realativly easy to find. Lucas Wrote Nine books and then made movies off the middle three. I've never understood why he did that, but hey, he's the one who made billions off the franchise, I'm just a fan.

Now, MOST starwars books are what is known as 'Official Fannon". Basically people write fanfiction and approach Lucas for aproval and printing, if he likes it it becomes cannon. The stuff I said about sidious though is easy enough to find. If you don'tlike listening to me, go read wookiepedia. It's sort of hit or miss, but usually reliable.

1 . Nothing says after Sidious dies Vitate is still alive waiting to come back so and so , atleast so far "CANONLY"

2 . After reading this , I am sure you are in a Fantasy world of RP , which is fine for you , but do not say its Canon !

3 . Where in Wookiepidia does it say Vitate is still alive after the death of Sidious ?

4 . Lucas wrote 9 books and possibly a heck alot more , but does not mean Disney is going to use the last 3 or else every Canon Wise Guy and Girl in these forums would likely know the entire story . We are all just assuming at the moment because Disney said "Original and New" story .

I never claim to have good grammar , but I do read books , newpapers , Mags , and Comics........Subtitles on Tvs and Monitors for Movies in another language too.

Even Subtitles on Video Games...........find it easier to understand .

So please , waste not your time with me . It is clearly wasted .

Have a Happy Holidays though !

Oh Jesus. This will never end will it?

It is seriously time for you fanboys to move on.

I have to wonder if BW is laughing at these kids as much as I am.

:rolleyes:

Bioware laughing at these kids? As if Bioware knows what to do with Revan any more then these guys!

If this is such a childish thread then why the heck are you waisting time posting here? Surely you have something better to do... or maybe not.

Edited by MasterMe

ROFL, none of us have anything better to do, why do you think we're here debating the merits of a massivly conviluted FANTASY galaxy? And Mefit, the current six movies have followed the books very well for all the detials they left out to convert the medium. Even as screwedup as disney has become, what reason would they have to doverge from that now? The expanded universe is extreamly popular in the syfi community and many fans are far more fanatical about it than me. I just like to argue...:rak_03:

And no, I'm not getting this off of fan made RP's, Just go read the books. It'll explain a LOT.

Edited by Ankokugai

I don't suppose you read any of George Lucas's books? The star wars moveis were made off a series of nine books written by the old man himself. When Sideous got tossed down into the power core he, Like the current Sith emperor, did not die. His body was destroyed, sure, but the little **** simply went force ghost, retreated to his fortress of doom and used an already prepared clone body of himself to come back. The next three books, which are soon to be movies by the way, are about how he's rapeing the new galactic republic from the shadows and trying to steal Anakin Solo's body.

NOT ONLY THAT! but our current emperor is still arround! he's hiding out on dromud kaas and using operatives to harvest tech from Darth Sidious's war to try and resurect the empire that Bane tore down. Yeah, the old fart is still tiredly trying to consume the galaxy after 10 THOUSAND years.

I have to ask...what books are you talking about? I have bought nearly every novel available and have never found one that said Vitiate was alive during Sidious' time. You give me the titles of these novels andI will look for them. I, and others, won't believe a word you say unless you can give us titles. Because if these so called books have never been published then how are we supposed to read them?

update: According to Wookiepedia, Vitiate died sometime before 67BBY. No way he could be hiding on DK and harvesting tech from Sidious' war. He was also born 5, 113 years BBY. He is not 10,000 years old. Maybe you should do some homework. Right now you are spewing some BS.

Edited by Kilikaa

Revan had his time in the galaxy and in that time he shined, after all he did cripple the madalorians and nearly defeat the republic. But, as much as I hate to say it, his time is done. Much as RL, people excel at what they do then fall horribly but in their fall make room for new heros. I think that's what BW and DK were doing when they put Revan in that book and FP. Think of cases like yoda. He was a POWERFUL jedi and yet he died a lonely old man in a hut. There's also Ulic Qel-Droma, who was a promising jedi turned promising sith turned, as Yoda, into a lonely old man who got shot down because of his lost connection to the force. I ask you, WHY DOES EVERY CHARACTER HAVE TO GO DOWN IN THE BLAZE OF GLORY?

P.S. I agree with you Revanswons.

Edited by ZayneDraay

Umm you guys, Revan DIDNT die at the foundry.

His health does not completely drop, no body, hell i've even asked a few customer service representatives when getting in game help from other issues. They won't give you a direct answer, but 3 times now it has been hinted at me. I have gotten the following answers: "Who am I to determine the great revan's fate? ;)" "Nobody in the galaxy knows what happened to revan" and even just the answer "who knows? ;)" Why wink for no reason. Obviously Bioware isn't allowed to say anything. Hell another point, in the beta you actually KILLED revan. as in corpse on the floor. Now he disappears in lightning. Coincidence? Cmon trolls its obvious he didn't die!

As to what they do with him? Who knows. He IS one of bioware's biggest characters from one of their biggest games. To honestly think he died in a mid level flash point is ridiculous.

If we see him again I see it being as part of an expansion. I doubt he will be a center point in any future ops, flashpoints, or single player story. I think it will be dialogue and nothing more. I seriously doubt they would have him killed by players, he is too big of a bioware icon to be butchered. Another reason why he didn't die at the foundry

Umm you guys, Revan DIDNT die at the foundry.

His health does not completely drop, no body, hell i've even asked a few customer service representatives when getting in game help from other issues. They won't give you a direct answer, but 3 times now it has been hinted at me. I have gotten the following answers: "Who am I to determine the great revan's fate? ;)" "Nobody in the galaxy knows what happened to revan" and even just the answer "who knows? ;)" Why wink for no reason. Obviously Bioware isn't allowed to say anything. Hell another point, in the beta you actually KILLED revan. as in corpse on the floor. Now he disappears in lightning. Coincidence? Cmon trolls its obvious he didn't die!

As to what they do with him? Who knows. He IS one of bioware's biggest characters from one of their biggest games. To honestly think he died in a mid level flash point is ridiculous.

If we see him again I see it being as part of an expansion. I doubt he will be a center point in any future ops, flashpoints, or single player story. I think it will be dialogue and nothing more. I seriously doubt they would have him killed by players, he is too big of a bioware icon to be butchered. Another reason why he didn't die at the foundry

Just because the players didn't kill him doesn't mean he's not dead. The Foundry is based around Revan planning a genocide of Imperial citizens - worse, an ethnic cleansing of anyone with any sort of Sith ancestry, no matter whether they are good or evil. Given that Revan managed to influence the Emperor during his imprisonment, clearly this plan of Revan's is born of the Emperor's counter influence on Revan. In being defeated by the player characters, Revan sees this, coming to the realization of his actions in the same manner Malak did upon being defeated at the end of KotOR, thus making Revan utter his former friend's dying words. This realization leads Revan to choose to become One with the Force rather than continue to live with the Emperor's taint. Like Obi Wan Kenobi in the movies, he does this without his body actually dying, leaving no trace of it behind. Also like Obi Wan, Revan is dead, only existing as a Force Ghost. That is the only form in which Revan should return, as it preserves his theme of redemption through sacrifice and allows the character to die in a fitting and satisfying manner.

IMO, this is the only interpretation that a) makes sense and b) is consistent with the character of Revan.

So so far there is no actual rebuttal to my above points. Just personal interpretations..

Also thought I'd throw in that Drew Karpyshyn himself has said that they left this open so that they could revisit revan in the future. Didn't say they ARE bringing him back, but certainly didn't say they aren't.

I doubt the writer and creator of Revan is throwing in the towel.

Get real guys, if they we're truly ending Revan this would have at the very least been a max level Op/FP. Not mid level.. And whether you feel this is a fitting end for revan or not, that doesn't mean he isn't coming back

OP..I guess you never heard:

Reven was sadly killed in the Foundry. Yes many speculations pointed ot him using Fold Space, but before the relics were removed from Cartel Packs one of them was Revan's mask....and it had the ability to call upon his force ghost..

BW used Revan as an attention getter, then threw him in the trash after money was made. He's gone in the most stupid and careless fashoins I've ever seen of a character's death (well at least in a long time).

Ok so since I personally think bioware butchered revan in swtor, I think its only right to put him to rest with a bang.

So my idea would to bring him back in a new flashpoint or Op. With the story being that at the end of the foundry when he disappears in the flash of light, he actually uses fold space to escape death. Then while being thought dead, He was slowly collecting his strength back to peak form while delving further into the darkside due to the taint from being imprisoned and mindphucked by Vitiate. So playing on how Revan was seen at the end of the foundry (Crazy+Dark) he aims to continue on with his plans of destroying the emperor and eradicating the sith.

So Revan gathers a huge army of followers using his famed charisma/leadership and gains allies of rebellious sith (humans,aliens-none with traces of Sith DNA) Revanites, and even Recruits Mandalore and the mandalorians (who don't trust the emperor anyways and want to break away from the sith and respect Revan enough to do it.)

All the meanwhile the emperor is still recovering his energy from the battle with the jedi champion so is in no position to oppose any of this atm so uses his Wrath and Dark council members to deal with Revan. Revan then wages total war on dromund kaas with Mandolorian Basilisk flying over head. Large lightsaber battles between loyal emperors sith and Revans followers. Which ends with Revan taking over Kaas City and the emperors throne room in which he holds and waits for a response from the emperor.

Thus Brings a Tier 2 HM/ or preferably OPS that has the emperor send his Wrath,council member NOX, cipher 9, and the Great hunt champion ect. to destroy him once and for all.

Which would have you fight bosses leading up to Revan such as (mandalore the Vindicated, Maybe a traitor Dark council member-Decimus/Ravage? , And maybe 1 other boss I can't think of.

Then you would arrive to Revan (in his darth outfit+mask) get a cool lil cutscene before you fight. Then while fighting the game should have Revan show his full array of attacks such as (keeping large OPS in mind) Massive force storms,Whirlwinds,force choke group ccs similar to malgus, Telekenisis Boulder throws, force heal himself, to name a few.

And when he enrages maybe he can pull out a second saber and go into Jar'Kai style with his Purple/Red Saber?

All this just came together as i was typing so of course bioware can clean it up a bit and make it fit with the story/canon but i think this would be a fitting death for the most iconic character in my opinion from the old republic era.

what do you guys think?

EDIT: Couldn't really think of a way to fit in the pub version of this FP/OP so maybe you guys could (not that i would care if they got one or not) lol IMPS UP!

ha ha, no.

Revan is dead and should stay that way. He is old his time is done.

KOTOR2 RUINED Revan for me why Keria started saying that he was anything other then a great jedi war leader who fell. All this sacrifice talk, just turned me off, and is part of why I don't like the game, the reat having to do with the ending (No the extended ending would not fix my issues), Keria and the dialogue. Revn WAS cool, he WAS awesome, in KOTOR 1, taking down Malak was awesome, his actions in SWTOR not so much.His time is over let new heros have their moment, Revan should not have been in the game at all, maybe a ghost, but his hour is done let him go.

I want to see something like that in the ToR (in there darth nox could be Revan aprentice who says these words) I want to see a truelly mad man not like foundry Revan...he is kind of lame mad man... to be honest, in the fundry I'm can't see him as mad as some one want him to be. I can see Revan as he bind the Empreror's spirit to him self with the force-walking(after all he fougth with the Empreror's willpower for 300 years, what does it matter a few more?)..... Revahhhhrgasm

After this there could be a sith inqusitor/warrior quest line to bring one of Revan's holocrons to the Rakatan world where the star forge was destroyed and where Darth Bane found it after a few hundred years.

Edited by pbajnokl

DK said they haven't decided what to do with Revan... so what happens from here... who knows?

Clearly at the end of The Foundry FP Revan can see he has been driven close to madness with his genocidal plan and before the end he quotes Malak before... ? nobody really knows what happens next with 100% certainty.

Is he a force ghost... that would be fine with me opens up some nice Knight Story-lines /w Scourge.

Did he use Fold Space and is now somewhere else recovering... that would be fine as well, I would use this to make Revan completely morally grey and also use it as an opportunity to reintroduce another KotOR character, Jolee Bindo.

Keep Revan hidden away and let Jolee show him the path of the "Grey" Jedi, then some time down the line I would have Revan return and do something decently heroic before moving on... maybe a little force ghost Bastilla before Revan dies.

At some point BioWare will release an expansion dealing with a threat both Republic & Empire will need to fight off having Revan return and helping both sides here before his death would be a decent solution.

Don't make him a boss fight again... give him a fitting ending or just let him reappear as a force ghost.

*Edit*

Just to clarify I would like the Revan in Exile story to be a book not in-game... okay get on it BioWare.

Edited by DukeMantel

Ok so since I personally think bioware butchered revan in swtor, I think its only right to put him to rest with a bang.

So my idea would to bring him back in a new flashpoint or Op. With the story being that at the end of the foundry when he disappears in the flash of light, he actually uses fold space to escape death. Then while being thought dead, He was slowly collecting his strength back to peak form while delving further into the darkside due to the taint from being imprisoned and mindphucked by Vitiate. So playing on how Revan was seen at the end of the foundry (Crazy+Dark) he aims to continue on with his plans of destroying the emperor and eradicating the sith.

So Revan gathers a huge army of followers using his famed charisma/leadership and gains allies of rebellious sith (humans,aliens-none with traces of Sith DNA) Revanites, and even Recruits Mandalore and the mandalorians (who don't trust the emperor anyways and want to break away from the sith and respect Revan enough to do it.)

All the meanwhile the emperor is still recovering his energy from the battle with the jedi champion so is in no position to oppose any of this atm so uses his Wrath and Dark council members to deal with Revan. Revan then wages total war on dromund kaas with Mandolorian Basilisk flying over head. Large lightsaber battles between loyal emperors sith and Revans followers. Which ends with Revan taking over Kaas City and the emperors throne room in which he holds and waits for a response from the emperor.

Thus Brings a Tier 2 HM/ or preferably OPS that has the emperor send his Wrath,council member NOX, cipher 9, and the Great hunt champion ect. to destroy him once and for all.

Which would have you fight bosses leading up to Revan such as (mandalore the Vindicated, Maybe a traitor Dark council member-Decimus/Ravage? , And maybe 1 other boss I can't think of.

Then you would arrive to Revan (in his darth outfit+mask) get a cool lil cutscene before you fight. Then while fighting the game should have Revan show his full array of attacks such as (keeping large OPS in mind) Massive force storms,Whirlwinds,force choke group ccs similar to malgus, Telekenisis Boulder throws, force heal himself, to name a few.

And when he enrages maybe he can pull out a second saber and go into Jar'Kai style with his Purple/Red Saber?

All this just came together as i was typing so of course bioware can clean it up a bit and make it fit with the story/canon but i think this would be a fitting death for the most iconic character in my opinion from the old republic era.

what do you guys think?

EDIT: Couldn't really think of a way to fit in the pub version of this FP/OP so maybe you guys could (not that i would care if they got one or not) lol IMPS UP!

This is a terrible idea. Not only was Revan's death made certain by him qouting Malak, this would also be another Kael'thas Sunstrider failure, where you kill off a major character and for some reason decides to resurrect him just to kill him again, NO! It would only sereve to ruin Revan even more.

IF you wanted to bring him back

You should do it in a proper way. For instance you could have him come back as a force ghost and show up in different class stories, when they add more (being it Avenger still or not). For instance he could advice the Hero of Typhon about how to fight the Emperor when he returns, or have him come to the Wrath and tell the Wrath what the Emperor is truely planing.

Edited by Inzuher

• 4 months later...

If revan is dead. i am ok with it. and revan is my fav character in starwars period

im ok with it because he preserved peace in the republic for 300 years

if he did not hold the emperor in check the emperor would have attacked 300 years earlier. while the republic was still recovering from the mandalorian wars/ jedi civil war, and the dark wars ( first jedi purge by sith triumvirate darth nihilus, sion, and traya)

( even though the exile stopped those 3 sith lords)

regardless if not for that. there would be no republic right now. everything would be imperial controlled. so revan is a hero. he made sure his family lived their lives in peace.

now there is always that chance that they might bring revan back. and i really do hope so. but i am ok with it if they dont. ( but i do prefer him to come back ) lol

the cartel market robes mean nothing on the story. because if they did, republic players would not have them, only imp :]

I definetly think he will comeback in a good way:

Revan narrowly escaped the match in the foundry and decided it wasn't his fate to kill the emperor but he alone knew the emperor's only weakness by been mentally trapped by Vitiate for 300 years.

Next, Revan appears in flesh to the Hero of Tython and the Wrath, were has Revan been? well he has been mediating in a cave were you found him again, he tells you how to defeat the emperor and trains you a unique ability to use, then Revan will return to help you when you face the emperor as a companion (only one that can be with you)

Scourge woudn't even want to come near revan as he felt conflicted...and accepts revan last advice.

Edited by ZahirS

I have a better idea for bringing Revan back.

The Jedi hold a funeral for him on Tython in the opening cinematic of the next xpac.

The End.

Why should the Jedi hold a funeral for him, having in mind his strained relationship with the order in the Revan novel? Not to mention that by the time TOR takes place, it's not like Revan is that widely recognized as this all powerful Jedi everyone should aspire to.