How to tell whats in ur WZ.

TheGame

Had this problem last night. someone says "OMG hacks." When I asked in Ops what hack they were using I got silence.

Although everything was laggy as all hell last night so maybe that had something to do with it.

Yeah. Most of the "hacks" like disappearing stealth, utlra-speed, invisible attacks, etc., are nothing more than critical amounts of lag, and you know what's the saddest part? This haven't been addressed by BW. You see, officially lag doesn't even exist in this game, and talking about it may grant you a ban.

Truly sad, indeed.:(

Had this problem last night. someone says "OMG hacks." When I asked in Ops what hack they were using I got silence.

Although everything was laggy as all hell last night so maybe that had something to do with it.

QFT about the lag last night. Looked like my speeder was stalling on the way to the node in CW.

Yea, I don't play as much anymore, so I don't know if this has been happening with regularity, but last night was real bad for me re: lag.

Yeah. Most of the "hacks" like disappearing stealth, utlra-speed, invisible attacks, etc., are nothing more than critical amounts of lag, and you know what's the saddest part? This haven't been addressed by BW. You see, officially lag doesn't even exist in this game, and talking about it may grant you a ban.

Truly sad, indeed.:(

Probably the worst one is where it makes stealthers "invisible" so you can't see who's fighting you, all you see sometimes is a double-bladed lightsaber floating in the air. Happens all the time in BW"s lag-infested warzones.

QFT about the lag last night. Looked like my speeder was stalling on the way to the node in CW.

Google "Lag Switch" - It is very difficult to tell, since some people do experience a lot of lag. However, if you see the same person grab the ball, magically disappear, then reappear at the goal, with the ball, more than once, well I'd suspect either a hardware or software lag switch and report it. The same for this type of behavior (non-stealth) in other WZ.

The problem is that to be sure you have to establish a pattern of this behavior and right now I doubt Bio/Ea has the resources to do this research.

Edited by Erasimus

Probably the worst one is where it makes stealthers "invisible" so you can't see who's fighting you, all you see sometimes is a double-bladed lightsaber floating in the air.

That's a bug, not a hack or exploit. Happened to my Mara and Shadow many times. Usually occurs when they die while entering stealth. I have reported it's occurrence twice because playing that way is very weird. My toon is not only invisible to you, but invisible to me as well. I think my first report of this was during 1.2, but I don't recall.

One positive note, this hasn't happened to me since 1.5. So maybe it's fixed now.

That's a bug, not a hack or exploit. Happened to my Mara and Shadow many times. Usually occurs when they die while entering stealth. I have reported it's occurrence twice because playing that way is very weird. My toon is not only invisible to you, but invisible to me as well. I think my first report of this was during 1.2, but I don't recall.

One positive note, this hasn't happened to me since 1.5. So maybe it's fixed now.

Never said it was a hack. I replied to the guy that was talking about the immense lag, as I believed that bug to be largely due to lag that makes the character not register on the screen. And no, hasn't been fixed. It's still around, saw it just two days ago, and I still see it quite often as it is most likely due to lag, which will always be a problem in this game.

Edited by Solarenergy

It's not fixed yet, happened to me just last night on my Marauder and I agree it's just as annoying for us to deal with as it is for an enemy player. Heh, even when I re-spawned and took the speeder I was still just two lightsabers floating in midair.

Using force camo again does fix the problem as a 'workaround' though. I imagine it's probably the same for the shadow if you use the in combat stealth.

Probably the worst one is where it makes stealthers "invisible" so you can't see who's fighting you, all you see sometimes is a double-bladed lightsaber floating in the air. Happens all the time in BW"s lag-infested warzones.

Yeah, I had that one the other day: I was staring at a Voidstar door when suddenly the bomb appeared on it.... could have been a hack but I think it was this stealth bug as a few days before that I had an invisible Assassin chasing me and hitting me.

Soon as someone accuses the other team of using haxxx or exploits. You can usually go ahead and assume that you have at least 1 moron on your team.
That's a pretty broad-brush statement. Hacks do exist. I've seen 'toons move at force speed non-stop for the entire duration of a war zone on several occasions, and I've also seen melee 'toons totally off the global cooldown (also for a whole war zone). True, some things are mistaken for hacks, like lag and bugs (e.g. near-instant node capping, which I've experienced once first-hand myself). You pretty much have to see a hack yourself, and know the AC & spec you're observing, to tell for sure that something irregular is happening.