Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

SIth Assassins have too much stuns!

Gelious

You know, I have never complained about PvP on forums before. But this... this is just outrageous!

So, its Civil War again and I with another player (I think it was PT) are running to the "snow" turret to take it. Near it I got stunned, though no one seems to be here. (I don't know how this stun ability is called, since I never played SI, but it makes your character to grab his head with his hands)

Assassin appears and attacks PT. I break out my stun... only to get stunned in exact same manner. While I am stunned Assassin kills PT. I attack him and got stunned again! Only this time I just lying on the ground, and stun lasts just the right amount of time for Assassun to get the turret, The rest is easy to guess.

This is just wrong. They should at least make Assassins stuns CD a bit longer.

Edited by Gelious

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lies lies and then more lies.

The first stun you experienced is an out of combat stun. It cannot be done on targets that are in combat, and you have to use it from stealth. If you broke out of the stun while he was fighting the pt and got stunned the same way, there was likely another assassin around.

Also the stun that lays you on the ground lasts for only 4 seconds (half the time it takes to take a turret).

If you're gonna complain, at least make sure you got your facts straight.

Asassin is the king of crowd control in swtor. It looks like the whole class concept is built arround it. The only lack a leap, but i think tanksin pull and knockback is better than pt tank leap and pull. I am ok with all of this, but frce shroud should be removed from the game. Edited by NoTomorrow

You know, I have never complained about PvP on forums before. But this... this is just outrageous!

So, its Civil War again and I with another player (I think it was PT) are running to the "snow" turret to take it. Near it I got stunned, though no one seems to be here. (I don't know how this stun ability is called, since I never played SI, but it makes your character to grab his head with his hands)

Assassin appears and attacks PT. I break out my stun... only to get stunned in exact same manner. While I am stunned Assassin kills PT. I attack him and got stunned again! Only this time I just lying on the ground, and stun lasts just the right amount of time for Assassun to get the turret, The rest is easy to guess.

This is just wrong. They should at least make Assassins stuns CD a bit longer.

Okay, the way you describe it, there were two assassins around. The first "stun" was a mezz (difference is that mezz breaks from damage, stuns do not). It lasts 8 seconds, cannot be used on targets that are in combat and needs to be used from stealth. So in order for it to happen twice, while the assassin was visible, there needs to be another assassin in stealth.

Then the "lying around on the floor" thing. It's called spike, usually needs to be used from stealth as well (this does not apply to tank specced assassins) and lasts a whopping 2 seconds.

Also, a mezz adds 100 resolve for every second it lasts, while stuns add 200 resolve. So all in all, you gained 1800 resolve, plus I think 200 for overfilling. thats basically 2x CC immunity. Something in your story doesn't add up. It either took a LOT longer than you say, included more than just one assassin, or a combination of both. I'm not saying you are omitting facts on purpose, but you may misinterprete certain things.

Almost the exact thing happened to me last night in Civ. War 10-49 pvp.

Ops leader called 2 left, so i went left. Probably i was the only one reading chat so i was alone.

2 stuns (1st one in stealth, 2nd out of stealth) and some good assasin teamplay later, i lost the turret.

They just did their job right, we didnt.

Asassin is the king of crowd control in swtor. It looks like the whole class concept is built arround it. The only lack a leap, but i think tanksin pull and knockback is better than pt tank leap and pull. I am ok with all of this, but frce shroud should be removed from the game.

Just wondering who actually are you on The Red Eclipse? All I see you do is complain about assassins and want to find and destroy you in a warzone. :)

Asassin is the king of crowd control in swtor. It looks like the whole class concept is built arround it. The only lack a leap, but i think tanksin pull and knockback is better than pt tank leap and pull. I am ok with all of this, but frce shroud should be removed from the game.

And how would we ever vanish without force shroud?:rak_02: If you take force shroud from us you're taking the vanish aswell.

Okay, the way you describe it, there were two assassins around. The first "stun" was a mezz (difference is that mezz breaks from damage, stuns do not). It lasts 8 seconds, cannot be used on targets that are in combat and needs to be used from stealth. So in order for it to happen twice, while the assassin was visible, there needs to be another assassin in stealth.

Then the "lying around on the floor" thing. It's called spike, usually needs to be used from stealth as well (this does not apply to tank specced assassins) and lasts a whopping 2 seconds.

Also, a mezz adds 100 resolve for every second it lasts, while stuns add 200 resolve. So all in all, you gained 1800 resolve, plus I think 200 for overfilling. thats basically 2x CC immunity. Something in your story doesn't add up. It either took a LOT longer than you say, included more than just one assassin, or a combination of both. I'm not saying you are omitting facts on purpose, but you may misinterprete certain things.

Thanks for the useful information. If there were indeed 2 assassins, it pretty much explains the stunfest. Tho I saw only one.

lol so it wasn't your turret...your trying to capture a turret guarded by two assassins you can't see and your complaint is that you got mezzed? What the hell? Of course you got mezzed. That's the point. lol were you running side by side to make it even easier for them to easily kill you as well? You sound you just don't play very well to be honest. If the target is in range of whatever class you were engage it as soon as you break cc...you can't be mezzed again. DoT the assassin so he doesn't vanish and kick you in the head. Oh and stun his *** right back. If the PT sucks then your screwed either way because the other hidden assassin would engage you whenever his buddies health got low. And if he was spec'ed in the middle tree that's more than likely who kicked you in the head since he would have still been in stealth unless the first assassin was tank spec'ed.

Thanks for the useful information. If there were indeed 2 assassins, it pretty much explains the stunfest. Tho I saw only one.

Considering Assassins main attribute is to hide, it shows they're doing their job right.

Edited by chimex

When I go up against a Siths they seem to be able to break all my stuns is which I am worried about, how is this so?? I have one maybe two abilities to break stuns. Oh and the time the stuns last Jedi Shadows need theirs increased in duration. I get stunned by a Sith and I know for a fact they last longer then any I have. Why is this? And Anyone who complains about what I wrote is a Sith worried they might get theirs reduced. Oh and their dam Dots should not be able to kill me in a seconds I mean talk about OP BS. And off topic but I got two shotted yesterday in WZ by a Marauder I think. He hit me once, and the second hit dropped my health to from 75% to 0%. oO I have read threads about Sith complaining their getting nerf'd too much, well just saying a game should be hard not easy. And having the ability to solo everything is not a fun game. It's a bunch of kids picking op classes so its easy to win for them because having a challenge is to f'n hard for them.

When I go up against a Siths they seem to be able to break all my stuns is which I am worried about, how is this so?? I have one maybe two abilities to break stuns. Oh and the time the stuns last Jedi Shadows need theirs increased in duration. I get stunned by a Sith and I know for a fact they last longer then any I have. Why is this? And Anyone who complains about what I wrote is a Sith worried they might get theirs reduced. Oh and their dam Dots should not be able to kill me in a seconds I mean talk about OP BS. And off topic but I got two shotted yesterday in WZ by a Marauder I think. He hit me once, and the second hit dropped my health to from 75% to 0%. oO I have read threads about Sith complaining their getting nerf'd too much, well just saying a game should be hard not easy. And having the ability to solo everything is not a fun game. It's a bunch of kids picking op classes so its easy to win for them because having a challenge is to f'n hard for them.

I dont play the mirror class but i have a shadow and all the stuns are identical in duration as each other.

I think what happened was the assassin used thier in combat stealth and mezed him again.:(

Yes they are overpowered.

yes. it looks to me like he got stealth mezzed twice. remember: using your breaker does NOT put you back into combat. so they can still out of combat mezz you. (again)

edit: that's why you NEVER break a mezz unless the guy is capping and you can instant/auto attack to disrupt him.

Edited by foxmob

Sins have too much survivability, especially for stealth class.

They have good damage, plenty stuns/mezz/roots, push, pull (if spec), force speed and quite good defence abilities - thats all and plus stealth. Control in pvp is king, not only damage. Sins have too much control. Stealth give them too much control of tactics advantage and advantage of first strike.

Most OP class in game, I wonder why BW still dont nerf them - I meet at least 2-3 or ever 4 sins on each wz , its ridiculous.

sins have too much survivability, especially for stealth class.

They have good damage, plenty stuns/mezz/roots, push, pull (if spec), force speed and quite good defence abilities - thats all and plus stealth. Control in pvp is king, not only damage. Sins have too much control. Stealth give them too much control of tactics advantage and advantage of first strike.

Most op class in game, i wonder why bw still dont nerf them - i meet at least 2-3 or ever 4 sins on each wz , its ridiculous.

rofl.

Most OP class in game, I wonder why BW still dont nerf them - I meet at least 2-3 or ever 4 sins on each wz , its ridiculous.

Absolutely agree. Too much utility, cc and dps. They are also the only class in the game that has 3 useful talent trees (in PVP).

rofl.

I like how you keep laughing at anyone pointing out the imba's of Sins. Umad that your class is getting called out for being op? Let's hear your counter-arguments, broski.

Edited by Lyaic

^This is true sadly:(. They are above average in everything they do imo

spec =/= class

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.