Who feels that there needs to be more severs

Saintrahl

Because that worked out so well the last time they did it.

"Open more servers BioWare, the ones we have are full"

BioWare opens more servers.

A few months later and most of them are empty, people complain they are empty so they have to merge. People complain about losing names.

F2P comes around and people are once again asking for more servers.

Did you not learn last time?

The severs are unstable because of the fact that they are to full and i feel that there should be more severs to lighten the load a bit.

How do you know why the servers are unstable? Oh right, you don't.

I'd rather they fix up issues with the servers then open more to have to consolidate them back later.

but now the player base is more stable so it is a little safer to say that adding 2 or 3 more sever would be ok

If there is anything they need to do regarding the servers, it would be fixing the populations on the APAC severs, I'm not even from there either, I'm from the UK.

NO NO NO.

They fell for that trap at launch. Never again.

LOL, exactly.

When they did the server merge, the population caps were raised too. There's always a rush of returning players when an update is released and it's a holiday weekend so people have a lot of free time. The population will start thinning out again in a week or two.

In the end, when people look back at 2012 (the first few months of the game), and see dwindling subscription numbers during the winter of 2012, good analysts will come up with ONE MAJOR FACTOR that made the subscription number not satisfying. And it was:

TOO MANY SERVERS

Yes.

Too many servers at launch, and then new ones because people complained, and then AGAIN new ones....

And then months, and MONTHS of empty servers, of people crying for transfers (with reason) or merges...

And ALL (or most of) the energy of the dev's put into coming up with a merge technology when they tough none would be required. For weeks. (the same way lots of energy was "wasted"* in the conversion to F2P engine)

If I could point to a SINGLE moment where the game became immensely enjoyable for me, that would be when they did the first merges.

So, OP, no. Please, no.

*instead of making new content

Edited by JonathanCP

i guess that is a good point but the fact that they are almost all heavy and or full at peak hours is a pain

Re-Roll to Master Dar Nala.

It will never ever be full or heavy. Hell, it is a sight to see it even standard. Light 99.99999999999999999% of the time.

However, ignored.

Re-Roll to Master Dar Nala.

It will never ever be full or heavy. Hell, it is a sight to see it even standard. Light 99.99999999999999999% of the time.

However, ignored.

Yes OP, re-roll here where you too can watch the dust droids scurry by while players continue to not exist.

Only one, maybe two of the servers even reach heavy. This would probably happen regardless of the server count, all MMOs have one server which is generally the most populated. Happens from people bringing people in and insisting they play on their servers, or newbies asking which server has the highest POP.

Adding more servers would only thin out the already wavering population.

Yes OP, re-roll here where you too can watch the dust droids scurry by while players continue to not exist.

You don't get to complain until you play on Jung Ma. It takes me one to two hours to find a group, easy. And I only say that little because usually after that point I give up and just go soloing.

Edited by LegendaryBlade

Only one, maybe two of the servers even reach heavy. This would probably happen regardless of the server count, all MMOs have one server which is generally the most populated. Happens from people bringing people in and insisting they play on their servers, or newbies asking which server has the highest POP.

Adding more servers would only thin out the already wavering population.

Actually most of the US servers and all of the European servers have reached or exceeded heavy every day since f2p. The population is high enough that the game would be alright for the time being if there were a few more servers, but its true we don't really have an idea of what the long term post f2p stable numbers are so it would be a bit premature to open a new server until a couple more weeks.

they tried that more server thing. i cannot stress enough how miserable it was trying to fill an 8 main ops group when there were only 5 people on the entire server. the current population of the game only supports a half dozen servers or so. it is what it is for good or ill