New PvP Gear on 1.6 Test Server?

Piam

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what i heard is that BM gear has been removed entirely...can anyone confirm?

IMO this is a great change, and the gear gap will be much smaller now.

BM and WH had quite a gap, but WH and EWH seem to be just a few points here and there.

Another thought...this might help with ranked queues? I know quite a few people who were in half WH and wouldn't queue for ranked because of the gear. Now with most people getting full war hero in week, can we expect to see more teams competing in ranked?

Yeah exactly, WH -> EWH is like 3 stat points per mod. It's a good time for the people behind the curve to catch up.

Anyone have screenshots of the vendor lists? :D

Groncho bro, its a comm burn and nothing else, for knights the mod we need only comes in the LEGS, and the giant gain you get is +1str,+2end,+0expt,+1power. multiply that by 9 pieces and you get 9,18,0,9. this is simply something to spend your comms on. Battlemaster vendor is gone and war hero is the new BM. It really doesnt affect those of us who are min/maxed. Just some stuff to buy, its not gonna break the game to get it and the gear gap QQers will maybe have one less thing to cry about.

u need the armorings 2

basically all the classes need 4 gloves + 4-5 legs

i agree that the gap is minimal

Is good that BM is gone and War hero ie easier to get

I still dont like the way they put this

Ppl should be able to buy the piece they want and use the armoring in any slot

Edited by Groncho

you know, I was thinking this game was missing something. Glad they figured it out, new gear with same skins. The only set of gear I want to get it the gear everyone on Ilum is wearing(the gear that makes you completely invisible, even to your own faction)

WZ lol

Will war hero still cost RWZ comms or normal comms

Relic 550

Implant 625

Ear 625

Bracers 550

Belt 625

Boots 875

Gloves 875

Pants 975

Helmet 1075

Chest 1425

Offhand 1550

Mainhand1550

Elite War Hero gear is now available (not mentioned in the patch notes. The Battlemaster vendor is no longer there (not sure if intentionally removed) and War Hero gear can now be acquired quite cheaply.

Here are the prices and preview screenshots of the War Hero and elite War Hero gear. Note that the eltie War Hero uses a similar coloring scheme as the Dread Guard set (Black/White/Gold)

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/20/swtor-patch-1-6-elite-war-hero-pvp-gear/

Figures I just finished the gear grind yesterday on my main toon -.-'

You have a new grind coming... start stacking coms sucka!!!

You're gonna have to trade in WH shells anyways. No big loss... just make sure you have maxed coms by release and it'll work out just fine.

Honestly, I'm pumped for the EWH gear as it is. Being primarily an assassin, I'm rather fond of the whole alien look to it. But I hated the atrocious blue/ orange color scheme that comes with it. I actually did some *shudder* PvE to get the sorcerer's Black Hole chestpiece, for the green/ black color scheme which I vastly prefer. In a perfect world, I would have liked to get the dread guard gear even more for the black and white colors, but not being a PvE type of person, It was never going to happen. Now, I can get those awesome colors, without having to do PvE, which makes me an incredibly happy person. The Dread Guard/ EWH sets are perfect for me. Unfortunately, I have to regrind the chestpieces for the trade in, but oh well, gives me something to do. I'm also the weird guy who liked the samurai suits of the Knight BM, and now I have to level a synthweaver to make those sets for me :p but that's a small price to pay for having my assassin in amazing looking gear.

So what should we do now? Seems weird to spend the comms on WH now knowing it will be second tier and as cheap as BW gear five or so weeks from now. Banking comms if you'll hit 50 after 1.6 launches is an easy choice (if you can hang out in sub-50 for that long) but what about partially the way from BM to WH?