You can buy account unlocks and cartel items with CREDITS w00t!

ChazDoit

They where a million on Ebon Hawk recently and I thought that's not right as well preferred and F2P haven't access to that sort of money . Then it dawned on me if someone wants to buy it for a friend or if a person was thinking of unsubbing they could buy before they unsub , problem solved. I'm sure they are cheaper today though and probably about 800 k.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I've seen tons of those on the AH in the 100k-150k range.

You only get 2 toons as a f2p. Comes down to 175k per toon. Thats about an average price.

The account unlocks, apply to all the characters on your account as the name suggests, so if you buy another character slot in the future, they will have all those unlocks, not absolutely sure however, Bioware should confirm

As a sub player I put up a lot of stuff onthe GTN from the packs because I don't need most of it. I just want the throne. I have put every single speeder on the GTN that I have gotten and will get. Why? I have the CE speeder. I do not like pets in a sci-fi game. So the only things I actually use are the weapons.

I like this set-up. With all the gift items, I can max out companion affection easier. Experience boosts are a help, and I can sell stuff I do not want. Once the item pool evens out, I will sell some stuff again. So for some people, you do not even need to spend Cartel points on some items because I will be selling my extras.

I had no idea quickslot bars could be sold on the GTN. That's excellent. As a subscriber, I'm tempted to buy a bunch of those quickslots and sell them cheap to help out F2P players, because it's silly to have to pay to unlock the UI.

I had no idea quickslot bars could be sold on the GTN. That's excellent. As a subscriber, I'm tempted to buy a bunch of those quickslots and sell them cheap to help out F2P players, because it's silly to have to pay to unlock the UI.

You could be a SWTOR Santa Clause !! :) Mind you I think I met one last night he sold me 5 pink/purple crystals for 250 k for the lot!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Meh, if they remove the middle man (ie. sell directly from CM for credits) then I may be sold on staying. Hoping that stuff shows up on GTN isnt my idea of good treatment of subbers IMO.

Though I guess its still better than 100% CM exclusives so good on Bioware.

I think the middle man analogy is false because in real life, the middle man takes a cut making the product more expensive, but in this case you could find items beign sold dirt cheap.

It really is a double edged sword, because you are dependant on the player, but at the same time you can potentially buy the unlocks much cheaper than what Bioware would have sold them for.

This also helps subscribers who may want to save their current cartel coins to unlock HK across the board (after the initial quest rewarding of him) and, instead, use the oodles of credits they stockpile by crafting, dailies, etc, to buy the spiffy trinkets like white crystals, the throne, carbonite chamber, etc.

Also those that want full armor sets can buy the pieces instead of spending $200 on cartel packs, only to end up with 33 imperial banners, a title, and an inventory full of useless emotes.

If any of my rl friends actually come back, AND have characters on JC, I'll buy them all two additional quick bars each so they won't be gimped (Seriously... 2 bars? Give'em 3, at least.. sheesh)

I think it is a great thing that you can get unlocks for friends. It makes the game more friendly and social /grin

it is called "network externality",

it is not great,

if BW can't even do this basic stuff,

then swtor will doing down faster than past 11 months.

You are a saint! If you do go ahead with this idea, please inform which server you are on :D

I bought three cartel items off the GTN a little while ago for decent prices so instead of wasting my cartel coins in the hope of getting the item from the grab bag, I was able to use those coins to directly buy a Legacy unlock I've been wanting since it came out.

Having the cartel items be sellable on the GTN is definitely something they did right.

(P.S. I'd also like to point out it's a new page, it wasn't there a week ago when I was trying to find the credit cap when trying to decide if I wanted to go F2P. Had to get it from DarthHater. Better late than never though, I suppose.)

The page was 'revealed' when the site came back up at the F2P launch because, you know, BioWare likes to share things after the fact most of the time.

really, people want to buy cartel stuff directly with credits? LOL

you .do. realise why this game has a shop and a f2p option now, don't you?

the whole .point. is for people to spend real money on it. nobody will buy bags with real money when everything can be directly bought with credits.

the credits you spent on the GTN is real money people spent on bags. (ok ok, right now it's mostly the leftover coins from previous months of sub)

that being said, I love it. I sold some of the stuff in my bags that I got double - and bought me other stuff I wanted instead. granted the speeder I sold wasn't worth much, as everybody tried to sell it, but it was still enough to get me two more pets. hoorah

I spent my cartel coins as soon as it came out had fun with the cartel packs, not been back on since not because in dissapointed I loved what I got, just can't play 2 games at once (cod came out) still subscribed and when I play again can't wait to sell some things and use others. I've never had much credits over 100k so maybe I can also make a little creds out of it too :)

I don't see how that's a problem, many of us resubscribed to get all the cartel coins, so we don't have any credit cap at the moment,

What would be the reason you buy those unlocks?

I am speaking of unlocks that apply to F2P (Section X for 2mil credits) not to all players (whole account inventory slot for 750k credits)

Got the idea?

Sounds cool, let us know what server you're on