Bioware planning to limit subscribers existing characters.

MarsherMeow

BREAKING NEWS: Company found that wants to make money.

More at eleven, also coming: Water is found to be wet!

BREAKING NEW: Blind customers dont mind being ripped off, in fact they enjoy it and ask for more.

More at eleven, also comming: The world is discovered to be round and not flat!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you a special snowflake? Why should a game change to fit your preference when a game out that does fit it you won't play?

At best your a habitual complainer, at worst a shill for Trion Worlds.

You want BW to copy a game you won't even play.. that makes sense to no one.

That the best you got? Really? Should a red ford focus cost more then a black ford focus, just because it has a different color?

At best you are a blind fanboy, at worst you spent your mortgage on cartel packs.

I want EA to use a business model that other companies in the same genre use. I expect the same quantity and quality as others. Instead they feel they can go a step further and charge more. Why people accept that, makes no sense to anyone but people like you.

Edited by Soluss

BREAKING NEW: Blind customers dont mind being ripped off, in fact they enjoy it and ask for more.

More at eleven, also comming: The world is discovered to be round and not flat!

You have un-subbed from the game if you thought you were being "ripped off". I guess trollin the forums was more important to you than justice.

You have un-subbed from the game if you thought you were being "ripped off". I guess trollin the forums was more important to you than justice.

The only one trollin around here is you. Take a good look at yourself before you accuse others.

That the best you got? Really? Should a red ford focus cost more then a black ford focus, just because it has a different color?

At best you are a blind fanboy, at worst you spent your mortgage on cartel packs.

I want EA to use a business model that other companies in the same genre use. I expect the same quantity and quality as others. Instead they feel they can go a step further and charge more. Why people accept that, makes no sense to anyone but people like you.

Why would EA use a business model for game companies whose games you don't even play? Either way, you not happy.

That you still rail against people who enjoy the game having paid their subs for it while you, who claim to despise the game and the company behind it, kept paying the same. Something just doesn't add up.

PS: I heard Rift made people pay for content. Have you been lighting up their boards with your vitriol?

PSS: I haven't bought or spent any CC yet. Nothing particularly enticing yet.

While I'm sure there may be some who are genuinely impacted by this, I'm willing to bet that over 95% of the people with more than 12 characters, created them the week they announced the mergers, knowing full well that they would be bucking the system by having MOAR toons than 'allowed'. I do know of some legit players who have 12+, but he's most certainly in the minority.

Does anyone complaining happen to have a screenshot of your 13+ toons with levels listed? I'm very curious to see their levels.

I'm not suggesting what Bioware is doing is right, but I think most accounts with over 12 did so at the last minute with the intention of breaking the limit.

While I'm sure there may be some who are genuinely impacted by this, I'm willing to bet that over 95% of the people with more than 12 characters, created them the week they announced the mergers,.....t, but I think most accounts with over 12 did so at the last minute with the intention of breaking the limit.

Did we know there was a "12 limit" at the time of the forced mergers? Doubt your % guesses are close to the real numbers though, and who cares? they can only play one at a time, and it doesn't hurt anyone.

This is going to be a game killer for me if they do this. I have 16 characters on Jedi Covenant right now because of the mergers and if they're going to lock me out of 4 of my characters, then they won't get another month's subscription out of me. That I can promise.

Im with you. I have 19 characters on Harbinger because when the game started back in december i was part of the first wave and created initially on harbinger. That server had 3 to 4 hour queues initially which I was not willing to wait through. So I recreated on another server, and then a third server. All the servers had standard pops to begin with. I stuck with the third which was Fa'Athra. I didnt know that EA was going to merge the two servers I had characters on into Harbinger... which I also had characters on. Now, if they lock me out of 7 of my characters Im done. :mad:

While I'm sure there may be some who are genuinely impacted by this, I'm willing to bet that over 95% of the people with more than 12 characters, created them the week they announced the mergers, knowing full well that they would be bucking the system by having MOAR toons than 'allowed'. I do know of some legit players who have 12+, but he's most certainly in the minority.

Does anyone complaining happen to have a screenshot of your 13+ toons with levels listed? I'm very curious to see their levels.

I'm not suggesting what Bioware is doing is right, but I think most accounts with over 12 did so at the last minute with the intention of breaking the limit.

I completely disagree with you. No one knew what servers were being merged with other servers. We didnt even know which would be destination vs origin servers. There was not just 1 merger either... There was the voluntary merge and then the forced merge. Plus 95% of all statistics are made up at the time they are quoted.

Edited by OrYcle

Im with you. I have 19 characters on Harbinger because when the game started back in december i was part of the first wave and created initially on harbinger. That server had 3 to 4 hour queues initially which I was not willing to wait through. So I recreated on another server, and then a third server. All the servers had standard pops to begin with. I stuck with the third which was Fa'Athra. I didnt know that EA was going to merge the two servers I had characters on into Harbinger... which I also had characters on. Now, if they lock me out of 7 of my characters Im done. :mad:

Yep, I'll bet a lot of "rerollers"(most caused mainly by the decease in population) have this problem now. The loss of time and effort on all their toons will hurt them.

I completely disagree with you. No one knew what servers were being merged with other servers. We didnt even know which would be destination vs origin servers. There was not just 1 merger either... There was the voluntary merge and then the forced merge. Plus 95% of all statistics are made up at the time they are quoted.

Yes, we did know. They told us the day before they happened. We knew PvP would be one, PvE would be one and RP would be one. I know plenty of people who created additional toons to break the cap the night before the mergers. We even had confirmation from the Devs that players with more than 12 would be able to access all of their characters after the mergers.

I never claimed 95% was a 'statistic', I said "I'm willing to bet that over 95%...". It's the "I'm willing" part I want you to take note of and I completely stand by that. Please, toss up a link with a screen shot to your 19 toons. I'm very curious to see them.

Edited by TUXs

Yep, I'll bet a lot of "rerollers"(most caused mainly by the decease in population) have this problem now. The loss of time and effort on all their toons will hurt them.

If they stopped playing a toon and re-rolled.. then not being able to play that toon is a issue because?

Did we know there was a "12 limit" at the time of the forced mergers? Doubt your % guesses are close to the real numbers though, and who cares? they can only play one at a time, and it doesn't hurt anyone.

I don't care how many you have, you can have 100 and it doesn't bother me at all, but Bioware seems to care.

Yes, we did know. They told us the day before they happened. We knew PvP would be one, PvE would be one and RP would be one. I know plenty of people who created additional toons to break the cap the night before the mergers. We even had confirmation from the Devs that players with more than 12 would be able to access all of their characters after the mergers.

I never claimed 95% was a 'statistic', I said "I'm willing to bet that over 95%...". It's the "I'm willing" part I want you to take note of and I completely stand by that. Please, toss up a link with a screen shot to your 19 toons. I'm very curious to see them.

I still disagree with you. And we did not know the day before which servers blah blah blah. We knew the day of the transfer. Plus initially do you realize how many servers there were that were being merged? Like I said, some of us had characters on multiple servers that were then merged into a single server. It isnt our fault that they didnt spread them out better.

Even if your "Statistics" (and yes your quoted 95% is a statistic with no valid evidence to back it up regardless of the "im willing to bet" qualifier statement) is true, there is no way to "prove" it definitively. The fact of the matter is that bad planning on EA's part led to this and now they intend to take away something they did give to the players. This is yet another bad decision on their part. I cant speak for anyone else, but this will be the last nail for me.

^This

Edited by OrYcle

I still disagree with you. And we did not know the day before which servers blah blah blah. We knew the day of the transfer. Plus initially do you realize how many servers there were that were being merged? Like I said, some of us had characters on multiple servers that were then merged into a single server. It isnt our fault that they didnt spread them out better.

Even if your "Statistics" (and yes your quoted 95% is a statistic with no valid evidence to back it up regardless of the "im willing to bet" qualifier statement) is true, there is no way to "prove" it definitively. The fact of the matter is that bad planning on EA's part led to this and now they intend to take away something they did give to the players. This is yet another bad decision on their part. I cant speak for anyone else, but this will be the last nail for me.

^This

No lol, we knew the day before. You're 100% (statistic) mistaken on that. Disagree all you like...doesn't make you right.

And yes, there is a way to prove it (not US, Bioware). Bioware knows the dates of character creation and they're the ones making the change.

And we did not know the day before which servers blah blah blah. We knew the day of the transfer.

Ah! Here we go:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/server-consolidation

"As of tomorrow, all characters on origin servers will be automatically moved onto the upgraded high population destination servers."

Posted/created on Sept 17th, mergers came Sept 18th.

Edited by TUXs

I agree with TUXs. :) [somebody take a screen shot for Urael, because he is keeping track of these things :p ]

Further, what MMO in the market today gives players so many character slots per server? Game is less then a year old and they give every player 12 character slots per server. Pretty generous IMO.

AND... I still say it is better to wait and see how they handle the situation BEFORE going all postal about it. I still think they will "grandfather" characters over the server cap amount once they enable more character slots (which they clearly have the tech in place for now). It may not be every character IF you were pumping them out like mating rabbits.... but I'll bet they raise the cap to 16 for subscribers (for characters alread existing before the big merge) when they open up paid transfers. Maybe not.. but my point remains... stop jumping at ghosts and wait til they actually do something before getting bent.

Edited by Andryah

I agree with TUXs. :) [somebody take a screen shot for Urael, because he is keeping track of these things :p ]

Further, what MMO in the market today gives players so many character slots per server? Game is less then a year old and they give every player 12 character slots per server. Pretty generous IMO.

AND... I still say it is better to wait and see how they handle the situation BEFORE going all postal about it. I still think they will "grandfather" characters over the server cap amount once they enable more character slots (which they clearly have the tech in place for now). It may not be every character IF you were pumping them out like mating rabbits.... but I'll bet they raise the cap to 16 for subscribers (for characters alread existing before the big merge) when they open up paid transfers. Maybe not.. but my point remains... stop jumping at ghosts and wait til they actually do something before getting bent.

Warhammer Online...... not coincidentally for pretty much the same reasons as SWTOR. :)

Warhammer Online...... not coincidentally for pretty much the same reasons as SWTOR. :)

So what you are saying is that EA/Bioware has a more generous and considerate policy of character retention in server consolidations then any other MMO producer... even the great and wonderful WoW.

Reasons are irrelevant by the way in the context of this threads topic. ;)

Source: http://dulfy.net/2012/11/16/swtor-f2p-future-content-interview-with-damion-schubert/

So Bioware wants me to pay to access my existing characters I had on 2 separate servers before the mergers? I didn't ask for them to be put onto the same server..

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6675

You didn't ask, but you were given the option to chose before the forced server merger. So that's your bad.