Dreadtooth and Griefing

miglor

So, if you (BW) intend to make it so damn easier to screw groups attempting this fight, and wasting our time with the 5min debuff, from griefers why not make it a total PVP free for all so we can at least kill the griefer? Edited by miglor

I love wasting my time when someone can pull the WB 100m away and it still magically debuffs me.

Working as intended.

So you lack the organization to have a raid stay and back wait to execute things at the same time. Why should bioware change anything due to your lack of coordination?

You know the mechanics, deal with them.

So you lack the organization to have a raid stay and back wait to execute things at the same time. Why should bioware change anything due to your lack of coordination?

You know the mechanics, deal with them.

Reading is golden man, you should try it. I said I was almost 100m away and some how still magically got debuffed.

So, if you (BW) intend to make it so damn easier to screw groups attempting this fight, and wasting our time with the 5min debuff, from griefers why not make it a total PVP free for all so we can at least kill the griefer?

I'm on a PvP server, but I didn't think this would be an issue on a PvE server. Once your Op group pulls Dreadtooth doesn't that mean that pubs/imps taunting him would get the "Dread" debuff instead of "Drouk Hunter?" or baring that not get "Drouk Hunter?"

If that's not the case, the simplest fix is to make it so that only one Operation group can have Drouk Hunter at one time, then any taunting pubs will get roflstompled by Dreadtooth.

I'm on a PvP server, but I didn't think this would be an issue on a PvE server. Once your Op group pulls Dreadtooth doesn't that mean that pubs/imps taunting him would get the "Dread" debuff instead of "Drouk Hunter?" or baring that not get "Drouk Hunter?"

If that's not the case, the simplest fix is to make it so that only one Operation group can have Drouk Hunter at one time, then any taunting pubs will get roflstompled by Dreadtooth.

Well whats happening is we have griefers stealth nearby (same/opposing factions both) that waits for the tank to get ready to pull, and they come in and pull first and stealth out. This causes him to do an AOE attack on everyone not in the puller's op instantly killing them and putting on a 5min debuff.

Sounds like you should file a bug report instead of a forum whine.

Maybe you should learn to read? I made a suggestion to make it completely open PVP like outlaws den. If you want to grief, the other party needs a chance to attack you.

Well whats happening is we have griefers stealth nearby (same/opposing factions both) that waits for the tank to get ready to pull, and they come in and pull first and stealth out. This causes him to do an AOE attack on everyone not in the puller's op instantly killing them and putting on a 5min debuff.

K's that's not right, even on a PvP server that has to be against the ToS.

I miss the days of EQ when players were actually good community. Back then it was first one ready got Dibs and other guilds waited around. If we wiped then the other guild would get a shot next. If you were a griefer, everyone knew who you were and you were blacklisted. Now that MMOs are popular and so easy a 5 year old can play, you get all kinds of scum.

K's that's not right, even on a PvP server that has to be against the ToS.

Had this problem, group of 20 people wasted an hour of time trying to start a fight, while some retarded imp intentionally aggroed the boss every time - boss kills everyone around ofc. And then we all must wait +5 mins..

We had to give up eventually - didn't kill him. We did report that guy.. hope he gets punished.

Something should be done about this.

We were having problems with this on The Ebon Hawk PVE-RP server. A republic player would attack the world boss and force-run to us, wherever we were. He would then die next to us and give us all the 5 minute debuff. He did this every 3 or 4 minutes unflagged. :/

• 1 month later...
interesting fact, his AOE goes through walls. I was driving along minding my own business when I was suddenly killed by his AoE.

It seems a group was tanking him on the opposite side of the wall.

I was amused.

That happened to me as well, So annoying

I miss the days of EQ when players were actually good community. Back then it was first one ready got Dibs and other guilds waited around. If we wiped then the other guild would get a shot next. If you were a griefer, everyone knew who you were and you were blacklisted. Now that MMOs are popular and so easy a 5 year old can play, you get all kinds of scum.

When BW rolls out paid name changes and paid server transfers you'll see even more scummy behavior.