The Shadowlands: *New* Ops Progression Thread

NoxIrradiata

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool story bro. I'm glad you care so much about tracking other people's progress. Big ups! How are those server firsts working out for you?

Not sure what server firsts really have to do with what thezaitsev has said though, or why you're being petty about them. :/

Edited by Niorlan

Cool story bro. I'm glad you care so much about tracking other people's progress. Big ups! How are those server firsts working out for you?

Don't confuse my boredom with caring.

Grats on proving to x-raided that your group isn't a bunch of elitist *******es.

Been busy with work and dealing with real-life stuff this morning, or I'd have responded sooner.

I have asked many, many, MANY times for people to keep their arguments to PMs and stick to posting progression updates only. This is the 4th iteration of this thread I've created and I'm done. I've saved all the info and formatting, and if someone else who can behave responsibly would like to take on the headache, PM me and I'll get the info to you. Otherwise, you jackals can piece together a new thread on your own, and track things however you see fit.

hmd MAGENTA progression killed the progression thread ... o.O

Also this got blown way out of proportion. All we wanted was credit for doing what WE actually did. I don't know why people that have nothing to do with the situation felt they had to be involved and I'm sorry for the stress it puts on you Nox. I'd be happy to take over the herding of kittens for you if you are completely done with the progression thread. I have nothing against the people that are still in X-Raided I played with them since The Shadowlands merge and they have some really good players. However the progression that has been posted for guild firsts has been the group that is comprised of people that are now in hmd Magenta. Since we had their tag when it was done if that is the rules for the posting then fine leave it on them. If you can change it to put it on hmd Magenta that would be great. Either way it doesn't matter and it wasn't worth any of the arguing and drama that just happened.

Edited by Zalindae

Been busy with work and dealing with real-life stuff this morning, or I'd have responded sooner.

I have asked many, many, MANY times for people to keep their arguments to PMs and stick to posting progression updates only. This is the 4th iteration of this thread I've created and I'm done. I've saved all the info and formatting, and if someone else who can behave responsibly would like to take on the headache, PM me and I'll get the info to you. Otherwise, you jackals can piece together a new thread on your own, and track things however you see fit.

Server first destroying the progression thread

hmd MAGENTA progression killed the progression thread ... o.O

Also this got blown way out of proportion. All we wanted was credit for doing what WE actually did. I don't know why people that have nothing to do with the situation felt they had to be involved and I'm sorry for the stress it puts on you Nox. I'd be happy to take over the herding of kittens for you if you are completely done with the progression thread. I have nothing against the people that are still in X-Raided I played with them since The Shadowlands merge and they have some really good players. However the progression that has been posted for guild firsts has been the group that is comprised of people that are now in hmd Magenta. Since we had their tag when it was done if that is the rules for the posting then fine leave it on them. If you can change it to put it on hmd Magenta that would be great. Either way it doesn't matter and it wasn't worth any of the arguing and drama that just happened.

There was more than just this thread, I talk to her quite a bit and she told me she was done with this updating this thread before I ever posted (and would update the Revenant stuff on her Word Doc to pass on to the next person). There are constant PMs from people to Nox arguing what should be counted and what should be taken down etc and the early posts regarding hmd vs x-raided \ was the straw that broke the back.

I probably could have stayed out of it, because I really don't care what gets counted and what doesn't. The thing I did care about was Nox and the fact that people were once again bossing Nox around (yourself included) about what should and shouldn't be counted was frustrating to me.

Edited by thezaitsev

^ This post was proof for our raid group in X-Raided at the time of clearing up to TCW in HM SV. Obviously it's been deleted cause this raid group is no longer with X-Raided. Please reset their progression afaik Raid Group A-Team has cleared Dash'Roode I cannot confirm any of their kills or if any of the other raid groups have progressed further than this.

Also hmd Magenta is now a 8man Imperial raid guild. Guess I should have posted that before the HM Styrak kill lulz.

^ How is that bossing anybody around? I said please? I guess I could have said **** DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

I guess it's all moot anyway I was not aware of the previous stuff. Good job adding to the straws that broke the camel's back.

It was done before I ever entered the thread, and that's the only reason I got involved. You were being bossy, just because you were being polite and saying please doesn't mean you weren't telling someone how to manage their own thread.

You should probably know better then to assume you are the first group of 8 players to leave a guild. For example, Stay Thirsty went 3/4 NiM Denova before they split from Legion of Squirrels and the LoS dates stayed up.

Just cause its personal between hmd and x-raided leaders doesn't mean the rules should be changed. There is nothing proving the kills other then 2 people's lockouts, and 1 of those 2 people stated that the kills were made before hmd was even made into a guild (confusing cause the other people said 6 kills were made before and 1 after but whatever).

Edited by thezaitsev

hmd MAGENTA killed the progression thread! /impressed

Also, outside of all the ridiculous comments going back and fourth, the majority of the members of the clear of S&V had already cleared the content with The Gray Order (multiple times), so honestly they could have cared less about the "e-peen" measuring contest simply because they already measured theirs to be longer.

Regardless, the progression thread is dead. All of the guilds actually competing for "server firsts" already know where they stand. This thread was more of a reference to anyone else on the server who potentially wanted to be in a more progression oriented guild.

Regards,

KK

It was done before I ever entered the thread, and that's the only reason I got involved. You were being bossy, just because you were being polite and saying please doesn't mean you weren't telling someone how to manage their own thread.

You should probably know better then to assume you are the first group of 8 players to leave a guild. Stay Thirsty went 3/4 NiM Denova before they split from Legion of Squirrels and the LoS dates stayed up.

And there's a reason legal precedence doesn't always guarantee that you win a trial. Moods change and we were hoping that the OP would be in a good mood and give us the credit. I don't think there was ever a case of people telling anyone how to manage the thread. We simply presented the situation, asked nicely, and then people who had nothing to do with the events got involved and threw in their two cents. It was never anyone's place other than the OP to tell us that our kills counted, didn't count, or that they stayed with X-Raided considering that he/she alone has permissions to edit the post. That's what pissed us off, that's why we argued back, and that's why this is the day the progression thread died.

Edited by countpopeula

Also, outside of all the ridiculous comments going back and fourth, the majority of the members of the clear of S&V had already cleared the content with The Gray Order (multiple times),

Thanks for backing up my point about achievements not being a good mark for proof.

As for the rest of it, they're the ones that do care, they care enough that they want progression taken away from a former guild.

And there's a reason legal precedence doesn't always guarantee that you win a trial. Moods change and we were hoping that the OP would be in a good mood and give us the credit. I don't think there was ever a case of people telling anyone how to manage the thread. We simply presented the situation, asked nicely, and then people who had nothing to do with the events got involved and threw in their two cents. It was never anyone's place other than the OP to tell us that our kills counted, didn't count, or that they stayed with X-Raided considering that he/she alone has permissions to edit the post. That's what pissed us off, that's why we argued back, and that's why this is the day the progression thread died.

Still got the order wrong, but I can see that you don't believe things that you haven't had proven to you. Thread was dead before anyone fired back (I recieved a text about it before noon today) it was dead with those 3 posts (and related PMs) saying to give hmd credit without showing the full team being guild tagged (which has been an expectation of new teams) and take away credit from X-Raided, from players outside of the guild. I don't know if it was any one of the three posts or PMs or maybe the combinaton of them... and I didnt ask what the PMs were about, I was just sad for Nox cause people have always made managing this thread not worth the hassle and it really wasn't fair imo.

I can see why you would be upset with me, but I was just presenting the info I had received from Nox (who was too busy to reply at the time) ala the "That's not how it works" post. LIke I said in the past posts, I believe you guys in the kills, but it provides future scenarios or people not proving they have 8 guilded players. For example, one or two people could quit a guild and make a new one and take a picture of all the lockouts and make a picture like the ones you guys did. I know you guys didn't do that, but come on...you didn't even come close for what is expected of you to get credit, then also request other people's kills be taken away? Just came across as really petty and shows a lack of long term vision.

YOu can pretend all you want that I played a role in this, but I know the truth, and so does the OP. I only got involved on behalf of a friend after the decision had been made to stop updating it. I don't like people making drama for my friend and have out of respect of that friendship stayed away from speaking up in past, once the thread was declared dead to me...no point in keeping my mouth shut.

Still got the order wrong, but I can see that you don't believe things that you haven't had proven to you. Thread was dead before anyone fired back (I recieved a text about it before noon today) it was dead with those 3 posts (and related PMs) saying to give hmd credit without showing the full team being guild tagged (which has been an expectation of new teams) and take away credit from X-Raided, from players outside of the guild. I don't know if it was any one of the three posts or PMs or maybe the combinaton of them... and I didnt ask what the PMs were about, I was just sad for Nox cause people have always made managing this thread not worth the hassle and it really wasn't fair imo.

I can see why you would be upset with me, but I was just presenting the info I had received from Nox (who was too busy to reply at the time) ala the "That's not how it works" post. LIke I said in the past posts, I believe you guys in the kills, but it provides future scenarios or people not proving they have 8 guilded players. For example, one or two people could quit a guild and make a new one and take a picture of all the lockouts and make a picture like the ones you guys did. I know you guys didn't do that, but come on...you didn't even come close for what is expected of you to get credit, then also request other people's kills be taken away? Just came across as really petty and shows a lack of long term vision.

YOu can pretend all you want that I played a role in this, but I know the truth, and so does the OP. I only got involved on behalf of a friend after the decision had been made to stop updating it. I don't like people making drama for my friend and have out of respect of that friendship stayed away from speaking up in past, once the thread was declared dead to me...no point in keeping my mouth shut.

You're talking about a lack of long term vision for a game that probably won't live to see more than two more patches. Lulz ;). I never said you killed the thread, I'm pretty sure we all have joking said it was hmd MAGENTA's fault. There was zero drama until people butted in saying "NUH UH, **** DONT COUNT" when they didn't hold permissions to edit the posts, friends/guildmates with the OP nonwithstanding. I'm sure managing this **** isn't easy or fun, again all we did was ask for credit. Thread dying with or without this debacle aside there wasn't a reason for you to get involved, or myself either really.

I think you grossly overestimate my caring factor, as the original post from me states I couldn't really care less. I've cleared the raid in both 8/16 formats weeks prior to this and I wanted to get the guys who haven't cleared it before credit and acknowledgement with the server because I try to take care of the players I raidlead. That was the entire point of me even being here, as I thought was the entire point of the thread: To give credit where it is due. The "rules" existed to make sure people didn't cheese their way into a "confirmed" kill. That was my singular point with my arguments against X-Raided getting credit for our efforts, which honestly I couldn't care less about. They'll down it without us, but events that would lead to us moving our main characters to our Lowbie PvP guild full time had transpired well before we cleared any of the bosses on our group's first HM attempt last Sunday and on our clear last night. Again, whatever, I don't care past arguing just to argue, good day.

Okay got it. You guys were unaware of my friendship/direct communication with the OP (how would you be aware of it though), so my reply made you mad cause you thought I was was just some random douche. However, this was not the case. I found out that the last update the OP was going to make was the Revenant kills and then close the thread, and then got involved on the behalf of a very busy friend.