Bought an ultimage gaming rig, and game is still laggy!

ZeusThunder

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know I'm not lying, here are my specs. This was bought from Bestbuy and even setup by a Geeksquad computer expert:

- 24" Viewsonic flatscreen monitor

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- Memory with 12 gigabytes of ram power

- One TERABYTE Hard Drive

- BluRay player

- Foxconn power supply with 400 wattage

- Sound Blaster sound card

- GE Force GT 520 video card

So after getting a $1500 gaming computer ($2100 after signing up for the extended warranty and 2 years of Geeksquad protection) the Star Wars game is STILL laggy! Not only that, but it can take up to 40 minutes just to log in if I do it after getting home from work.

I've verified with the Bestbuy salesperson that this computer should speed up my game, and if it's not then it's Star Wars' fault.

Nice job Star Wars, you fail at making an MMO.

Here's a fun fact, that 12 gigs of RAM, is useless to you right now. Computers won't recognize past 8. So you wasted money there. I don't know about your 520 card but you paid 1500 for **** far as I can tell. And its not Star Wars fault. Here, let me give you my setup, and when I tell you the price, you should just slit your own throat.

AMD X6 1035t 2.6 GHZ processor (Six cores if you didn't know btw)

8 gigs of RAM

1gb EAH5750 Radeon.

1 TB HD

Standard DVD Player

42" TV hooked up via HDMI

I don't drop below 30 FPS on High settings. I paid 539.99 for my comp, around 600 after shipping. I play BF3 on high settings as well. So, in essence, you got screwed. I worked at BBY, you shouldn't listen to those guys. Especially geek squad. Bunch of self righteous tards. My advice? Bring that hunk of **** back and put your money to good use. Hell, spend 800 on parts and the rest on someone to build it for you if you don't have the know how. It'll come out better.

Just so you know I'm not lying, here are my specs. This was bought from Bestbuy and even setup by a Geeksquad computer expert:

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- BluRay player

So after getting a $1500 gaming computer ($2100 after signing up for the extended warranty and 2 years of Geeksquad protection) the Star Wars game is STILL laggy! Not only that, but it can take up to 40 minutes just to log in if I do it after getting home from work.

I've verified with the Bestbuy salesperson that this computer should speed up my game, and if it's not then it's Star Wars' fault.

That GT 520 is not a gaming GPU. True gaming GPU's start in the x60 range. Even a GTX 460 would do better for you than that 520.

Your 400 watt PSU is lacking, upgrade that to a 600+ in the future.

With such a widescreen monitor your resolution is going to push that card on max settings.

And last but not least, it could just be the game is laggy right now because of Gold Release.

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- BluRay player

That rig is garbage for the price, unless you bought it 18 months ago. The hard drive size is irrelevant to performance. The power supply is woefully inadequate. The video card is outdated and underpowered.

What is an Intel Quadra processor? Is that an i5? i7? What specific model? Given the rest of the specs, I'll assume that's old and clunky too.

Best Buy saw you coming and bent you right over the sales counter.

Here's a fun fact, that 12 gigs of RAM, is useless to you right now. Computers won't recognize past 8. So you wasted money there. I don't know about your 520 card but you paid 1500 for **** far as I can tell. And its not Star Wars fault. Here, let me give you my setup, and when I tell you the price, you should just slit your own throat.

AMD X6 1035t 2.6 GHZ processor (Six cores if you didn't know btw)

8 gigs of RAM

1gb EAH5750 Radeon.

1 TB HD

Standard DVD Player

42" TV hooked up via HDMI

I don't drop below 30 FPS on High settings. I paid 539.99 for my comp, around 600 after shipping. I play BF3 on high settings as well. So, in essence, you got screwed. I worked at BBY, you shouldn't listen to those guys. Especially geek squad. Bunch of self righteous tards. My advice? Bring that hunk of **** back and put your money to good use. Hell, spend 800 on parts and the rest on someone to build it for you if you don't have the know how. It'll come out better.

Um, 64-Bit Windows 7 Home Premium recognizes 16GB on the board. Professional and Ultimate will recognize up to 192GB's on the board.

Here's a fun fact, that 12 gigs of RAM, is useless to you right now. Computers won't recognize past 8.

Here's a fun fact, you are so wrong in so many ways. There is no limit how far off from truth that is.

Computers can recognize up to 2TB ram (Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise+).

That's a horrible card.

Suitable for things like MS Word.

When you buy Nvidia, the middle digit (2) must be a 6,7,8 or 9.

In your case...

560 would be an entry level gfx card for gaming

570 mid range

580 high end

590 ultra

I play with a GTX570 with everything on max and no stutters or lagginess at all.

Core i7-920 3.06GHz

mobo w/ Intel X58 chipset

12gb triple-channel DDR3-1600MHz (I know it's overkill but in a year or two it'll be just enough lol)

128gb SSD for OS and TOR, 1.5TB 7200rpm for everything else

GeForce GTX570

850W Corsair modular PSU

Aftermarket CPU & GPU coolers so they actually run cool without sounding like a jet engine. Factory cooler on the GPU was jet-engine-loud and ran it at 70C, aftermarket is quiet and runs it at 40C while gaming.

Like I said - 1080p gaming full-screen windowed all gfx on max, no lag issues at all and even can play a movie/TV show full-screen 720p in WMP on my smaller 2nd monitor.

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- BluRay player

you either got ripped off royally (it IS BestBuy after all) or are trolling the hell out of everyone.

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- BluRay player

I am sorry to say but that is no where near an ultimate gaming rig. It is also severely overpriced for those components. I believe you got ripped just for labor costs. It is very easy to put a PC together yourself. Which would have saved you half of that money. The GT250 is an entry level gaming card... no where even near high end. Also, you highlighted the TERABYTE for your hard drive. Having 1 TB of HD space won't make the game run fast. Read speed, cache speeds, etc., are what determines how quickly the game accesses the files. If you were going for an ultimate gaming rig and if anyone that works for Geeksquad even knew what they were doing, then they would have tried up-selling you an SSD instead of an HDD.

Sorry for your luck.

Here's a fun fact, you are so wrong in so many ways. There is no limit how far off from truth that is.

Computers can recognize up to 2TB ram (Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise+).

Unless it's a 64 bit game, which it isn't, the game will never use more then 3 gig