Is this F2P or P2W?

Bobinator

I honestly can't tell is it free 2 play or pay 2 win...

No

It's P2DA

P2DA: Pay 2 Do Anything:rak_03:

Star Trek Online and other MMOs are P2W (and if you're asking then you really don't know what P2S is), TOR is F2P.

Pay to equip purple items to win.

Well, this is in fact pay to win.

Don't pay, don't win.

F2P is a perminant trial account in all hoensty. You pay to unock things you'd get normally if you payed the $15/month. So no, that is not P2W. P2W would be buying War Hero or Dread Guard sets instead of actually grinding for them.

Edited by Eillack

Pay to equip purple items to win.

Well, this is in fact pay to win.

Don't pay, don't win.

Not really. Anyone can mass produce purple armorings and mods and enhancements, even crystals and the like.

The Pay-To-Win factor in this particular case is 2 things that I can see clearly:

1) The +41 Expertise crystals that are now usable at level 35. This is an obvious advancement that ONLY customers paying coins can achieve, There is no other way in the game (as far as I know) that can net a level 35 character with a usable +41 stat crystal.

2) The +41 Expertise Pink-Purple crystals in Cartel Packs that are usable at level 10. This is another obvious P2W factor and these cannot be obtained in-game without spending real cash money outside in the market.

This things alone even being there concern me, because this is absolutely pay-to-win advantage territory, and I find it hard to believe that after claiming the Cartel Market would NOT be Pay-To-Win, then launching the damned market with TWO P2W items in it, that they will be able to stop there and not put any more such items in the store.

Looks like they've failed on their promise already. I can only hope they stop failing here, and don't fail any further in this aspect.

Not really. Anyone can mass produce purple armorings and mods and enhancements, even crystals and the like.

The Pay-To-Win factor in this particular case is 2 things that I can see clearly:

1) The +41 Expertise crystals that are now usable at level 35. This is an obvious advancement that ONLY customers paying coins can achieve, There is no other way in the game (as far as I know) that can net a level 35 character with a usable +41 stat crystal.

2) The +41 Expertise Pink-Purple crystals in Cartel Packs that are usable at level 10. This is another obvious P2W factor and these cannot be obtained in-game without spending real cash money outside in the market.

This things alone even being there concern me, because this is absolutely pay-to-win advantage territory, and I find it hard to believe that after claiming the Cartel Market would NOT be Pay-To-Win, then launching the damned market with TWO P2W items in it, that they will be able to stop there and not put any more such items in the store.

Looks like they've failed on their promise already. I can only hope they stop failing here, and don't fail any further in this aspect.

If you had been actually following this game you woukd have seen all the dev feedback stating they removing stats from color crystals. These are temporary so that people who spent money on them wouldnd find them useless after leveling. The devs have not increased color crystal stats beyound 41 and after they retool the crystals and artifice, color crystals will be cosmetic only. They didnt feel like pushing back the f2p OPTION until they got this done. So give it a little bit, soon they will be nothing more than colors and we will have something else like power crystals for stats.

You mean the Purple Items that have no mods in them or the purple items that are lvl 35? A little confused on what part of that is P2W?

as far as I know f2p players need to purchase a license in the cartel market to be able to equip purple items.

the purple items you get ingame

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

as far as I know f2p players need to purchase a license in the cartel market to be able to equip purple items.

the purple items you get ingame

So because I pay my sub and a F2P person does not they should have the same perks as I do?

Sorry you want it pay for it or sub bottom line all F2P games do this in some manner. But the option is on the shop for them to use said items and that IMO is not pay to win.

I play a lot of F2P games and this is the only one I sub to. But yet I don't ***** about items I cannot use or have because I do not sub to those other games.

If you had been actually following this game you woukd have seen all the dev feedback stating they removing stats from color crystals. These are temporary so that people who spent money on them wouldnd find them useless after leveling. The devs have not increased color crystal stats beyound 41 and after they retool the crystals and artifice, color crystals will be cosmetic only. They didnt feel like pushing back the f2p OPTION until they got this done. So give it a little bit, soon they will be nothing more than colors and we will have something else like power crystals for stats.

Well I have been following the game, but I did miss this specific thing that they were removing the stats from crystals.

When they remove the stats, then those items will no longer be P2W. And of course, at that point, they'll have been a complete bait and switch product that suckered people into buying them for the stats when the stats are going to disappear.

They need to note in the description that the stats will disappear.

And until these changes are made, those are still P2W items. Even if it's only P2W for 2 months, it's still P2W as it sits right now.

The idea of a F2P game isn't to fill servers for everyone else's sake. Its to allow people get invested in the game a bit more then a short trial that ends at level 15 or whatever. Let them see a lot more to get them hooked and turn them into subscribers. When F2P people gain enough levels and want to PvP, or do FPs, or artifacts, or do ops they realize its extremely expensive, this is when they will turn into subscribers.

Just don't forget, the point is hooking people into subscribing while finding a way to sucker a little more cash out of your subscribers (cartel packs, special unique armors/weapons, and so forth).