Gearing HK-51

Grffin

I'm wondering how other ppl plan on gearing HK for max damage. He can go either cunning or aim and actually has a higher base for cunning (250) as opposed to his aim (100). However most of his damaging abilities are Ranged while only 2 of them are Tech. So I'm thinking it still might be better for him to use full Aim for the greater boost to his ranged damge. I don't play a ranged dps, but I belive Aim will give you a greater boost to your Ranged damage as opposed to cunning which is more focused on Tech damge? Anyways what are other peoples thoughts on gearing HK for max damage?

Both stats are his 'main' stats, they both benefit him equally, as far as damage in concerned. Only difference switching aim<->cunning could make, is his overall crit chance(same for tech and ranged). For people using new 154 droid armor, probably best thing is to give him cunning earpiece and implants, obviously keeping sniper rifle and vibroknife with cunning mods

All of the gear that comes with HK when you get him is Custom (orange) gear so I can just sub in mods/armorings/enhancments to get the best gear. Don't need to buy the crafted stuff, I'll just get the gear from TFB and EC. But yes I'm thinking Aim might be the way to go for him.

All of the gear that comes with HK when you get him is Custom (orange) gear so I can just sub in mods/armorings/enhancments to get the best gear. Don't need to buy the crafted stuff, I'll just get the gear from TFB and EC. But yes I'm thinking Aim might be the way to go for him.

Are you sure that works for armorings since none of the parts are boots, legs ect? It would seem rather pointless to offer the new droids schems if you could just access mods, armorings and enhancments. But then again, who knows lol

All of the gear that comes with HK when you get him is Custom (orange) gear so I can just sub in mods/armorings/enhancments to get the best gear. Don't need to buy the crafted stuff, I'll just get the gear from TFB and EC.

Are you sure that works for armorings since none of the parts are boots, legs ect? It would seem rather pointless to offer the new droids schems if you could just access mods, armorings and enhancments. But then again, who knows lol

No It does not work like that. You can only put unrestricted armorings in custom droid armor. For this very reason I created a thread a while ago. (You can see it in my signature)

Edited by Aelther

No It does not work like that. You can only put unrestricted armorings in custom droid armor. For this very reason I created a thread a while ago. (You can see it in my signature)

I though so. I knew there was a reason why I haven't really geared up my toons droids besides the entry level daily armorings. So there is a purpose to the new droid schems. Thanks :)

Because me with a gunslinger and HK will blow through dailies much quicker?

Quicker than with Risha? I doubt HK is noticeably better than any of the other ranged DPS companions...

Edited by RAVM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.