1 mio. credits for HK-51 per. character is unfair.

Inzuher

I did mention that.

As for the rest. Sure it's a credit sink, but when you have to pay 1 mio. for each character you want to level with this new companion it becomes quite a problem. Being 50 and unlocking him kind of ruins the whole point of leveling with him.

I think the point is that there aren't supposed to be HKs running around all over the game.

With 3 ways to unlock the companion on each toon, and seeing it will take you what, 3 days worth of level 50 dailies to get a million credits... The use of the word "unfair" in your title is really... unfair...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only part I think that is unfair about paying CC or 1 mill is that his armor is useless when you get him at a lower lvl. Why would I want to pay for it, when on top of that I have to pay to get armor for him and take out the 50s so I have them at lvl 50.

The only part I think that is unfair about paying CC or 1 mill is that his armor is useless when you get him at a lower lvl. Why would I want to pay for it, when on top of that I have to pay to get armor for him and take out the 50s so I have them at lvl 50.

Wait.. it's like that? AND they didn't program any class mission dialogue... AND I have to sub AND it costs 8-12 million credits? Umm, that does it. I QUIT!!!

Edited by Darth_Vampirius
typo

If HK had conversations and quest comments on your way to 50, then yes, I'd be raging, if I had to pay 1 million for each of alts, as it would be basically cutting out story.

But, as it only has convos once you obtain it, then before lev 50 I treat it as vanity pet, that actually hamper your leveling with alternate cost - while using it, you could be gaining affection for one of your crafting companions. So, if you want a vanity companion, that will not add anything to story, or gain affection, then as with all vanity things - pay :)

Now, if they would make us pay 1 million AND do the quest at lev 50, then I'd be pissed :)

And before you start yelling at me - "you have millions, don't get at us poor folks", I am not rich ATM - and cant afford getting HK to my alts - putting augments slots and running slicing missions for neural augment parts seems more important to me to spend money on, then on vanity companion :)

If HK had conversations and quest comments on your way to 50, then yes, I'd be raging, if I had to pay 1 million for each of alts, as it would be basically cutting out story.

But, as it only has convos once you obtain it, then before lev 50 I treat it as vanity pet, that actually hamper your leveling with alternate cost - while using it, you could be gaining affection for one of your crafting companions. So, if you want a vanity companion, that will not add anything to story, or gain affection, then as with all vanity things - pay :)

Now, if they would make us pay 1 million AND do the quest at lev 50, then I'd be pissed :)

And before you start yelling at me - "you have millions, don't get at us poor folks", I am not rich ATM - and cant afford getting HK to my alts - putting augments slots and running slicing missions for neural augment parts seems more important to me to spend money on, then on vanity companion :)

I see you're point, I however dissagree with the fact that you as a subscriper have to pay for new companion that we've been promished for mouths. Yeah sure he might be like a vanity pet, but lets face it, how much would you be using him on your 50 characters? He will just end up crafting or standing in a corner of your ship.

Edited by Inzuher

I see you're point, I however dissagree with the fact that you as a subscriper have to pay for new companion that we've been promished for mouths. Yeah sure he might be like a vanity pet, but lets face it, how much would you be using him on your 50 characters? He will just end up crafting or standing in a corner of your ship.

Valid point on the outside however EA and Bioware never told us he would come easy, cheap or even free. I personally wont be worrying that much about him myself though eventually I will get around to having him.

Wait... you're saying that you expect people to wait more than six months or spend the pricd of an entire other game" and it's reasonable? On top of already subscribing? For one piece of content? Umm, no sir. This price is borked. The entire price should be waived for subscribers.

It's not shoking or even surprising though. All of the prices on cartel and legacy stuff are way too high.

Way too high you say. This game is extremely cheap for many features in the shop. If it was lower the way you are acting you would still complain that it needed to be lower. Why exactly should HK be entirely free for subscribers which by the way he technically is since you can get him through means of credits. If you are already paying a sub then you have forked over no extra cash to get the content. If you decide you don't want to spend credits on him you have the option of either buying the CC and unlocking now or by just playing the game as you currently are and every month you get free CC to unlock him for alts. If you aren't then sub or pay for whatever features you want and tailor what the game has to offer to your needs.

Edited by Scovina

And secondly what makes you think its because of f2p.

Be practical please, and dont make ridiculous assumptions. 1 mil. is not easy to get, but its not because of f2p that it costs 1 million. .

You're being naive. Every price set is to convince players to go the Cartel Coin way rather than pay with credits, it's how they make money.

Players need to stop white knighting for Bioware.

Edited by Elfa

You're being naive. Every price set is to convince players to go the Cartel Coin way rather than pay with credits, it's how they make money.

Players need to stop white knighting for Bioware.

The 1 mil price may be somewhat a push to get people to use the cash shop. But then why is it that other unlocks were damn expensive before this as well? Yeah you can argue but they are global unlocks to which I say if you sub you will get him free on all your alts with your stipend. You have to save it up just like you would with credits to get your shiny new trophy. Such is the way of the mmo. Made to make you grind. There is not an mmo in history or now running that does not have some type of grinding to it. Some more than others but such is the nature of the beast. They give you a goal and you have to work towards it. How you go about it may be through many avenues. It may take you 1 month to grind 1 million credits whereas I might do it in a few days with minimal input because I have set up revenue streams. This is just how RPG's operate not just mmo's. Last I checked it was both.

But, as it only has convos once you obtain it,

He has Convos at certain Affection levels as well, and I believe they're different for both factions.

Edited by Tuskin

Now I'm not usually the one to complain. I hate randomness and still bought 5500 cartel coins to support the game, and didn't get anything I want. Well /shrug happens…

However, I was really pissed off when I after spending several hours to get my HK-51 discovered that I had to pay 1 million credits to unlock my new companion on my other characters.

1 freaking million!

That simply can't be right, subs was supposed to not being affected by the f2p, but it seems to obvious that they've put the price so high in order to have people take the alternative and buy it with cartel coins, which will most likely require you to pull out your credits card.

Now I think this is very unfair, and right now I'm a rather dissatisfied costumer. What are your thoughts on this?

PS: For the people who want to call me a cry baby, yeah sure, but you can't seriously mean that you want to pay 1 million credits for a companion that you've already unlocked?

Oh FFS it takes what 3 days? 4 tops to get a million creds? Run the quest on each toon and get it for free. But quit'cher cryin.

Funny how one tries to be civil and voice a concern, but then some people come and curse at me? Wait... Who is the children agian?..

Other than that I dont get why people are so quick to jump up and deffend this price. I mean it is not like I said that the game sucked or anything. I like the game and I play the game. However, you should take two seconds to consider how this million credit price limit people's experience and fun, and it is not only freepers but also subs, people who actually pay for this game every mouth, and a lot of them have done it ever since it came out.

The reason we defend it is because you would complain if before this point it was half of the price it is now. After all you did ask what were "our" thoughts on it. You didn't say only those that agree with you can post in here. As if that would stop anyone. As for the point that you were civil no you are the one that started out with the 1 freaking million! in large and bold font. This is seen as yelling at other people on the internet and yelling isn't being civil.

Some of us disagree with your assertions while others agree and that is life for you . There are going to be people that do both the rest of your existence so get used to it.

Now I'm not usually the one to complain. I hate randomness and still bought 5500 cartel coins to support the game, and didn't get anything I want. Well /shrug happens…

However, I was really pissed off when I after spending several hours to get my HK-51 discovered that I had to pay 1 million credits to unlock my new companion on my other characters.

1 freaking million!

That simply can't be right, subs was supposed to not being affected by the f2p, but it seems to obvious that they've put the price so high in order to have people take the alternative and buy it with cartel coins, which will most likely require you to pull out your credits card.

Now I think this is very unfair, and right now I'm a rather dissatisfied costumer. What are your thoughts on this?

PS: For the people who want to call me a cry baby, yeah sure, but you can't seriously mean that you want to pay 1 million credits for a companion that you've already unlocked?

I agree that the 1 million credits is stupid. 500K? Maybe? 1.5 mil for the entire account? Sure, why not. But per character? Then it's what, 350 Cartel Coins to unlock. Pretty clear we're being extorted, but this is EAware so I'm not surprised. We were told- if I recall correctly- that HK would be unlocked across the account after doing the very 'hard' quest. After doing the long, tedious quest, I was surprised to discover that this was yet another lie.

Don't count on it being change though. It's like the Cartel gear being BoE rather than BoL- if you want it on two characters, you have to pay twice. I'd say it's clever, but it's so blatant that it will do EAware more harm than good.

Hello, Im an American Democrat. It is unfair that I should have to pay, work, or earn anything. Please considor giving us everything for free.

Thank you.

Guess some people struggle to have a serious, mature debate over things, huh?

1 freaking million!

One million credits is easy to get in this game. If you don't want to wait on other characters to get to 50 and do the quest then one million credits is a fair price to pay.

It's an end-game companion that is obtained from an end-game zone and comes with all level 50 gear. This is not a companion intended for your level 10 character. If you want to get HK early on another character rather than going through the normal route, then there's a credit or coin charge to skip all that and fast-forward to getting him right away for an alt at a lower level. THAT is unfair? Doesn't seem unfair in the least. If you got him, then you already have a level 50 and you could pay for him by running 3 days worth of dailies if you wanted to go the credit route. But THAT alternative is also unfair? Again, doesn't seem unfair in the least.

Pfft thats chump change. Do your dailies, its so easy to make money. I have 2 50's and can make a mil in 3 days JUST on dailies. Then theres playing the GTN, Pvping, FP's. So really if I factor all that in I can make a mill a day easily and thats not trying hard. Edited by Jaick