Extreme utility(carnage)

Extreme defensive abilities

100% up time on pretty much any opponent

Self-healing(anni spec)

Immune to nerfs

Completely overpowered

Faceroll

Enjoy!

...There really isn't anything more to say. He hit all of the major topics I was going to discuss. I think we can close this thread now.

Edited by SOULCASTER

Funny thing is, they've had a few nerfs, like when they could spec force camo to provide full damage immunity. And most people still think they are too powerful. It was crazy back then. Edited by Belly

Extremely high damage

Extreme utility(carnage)

Extreme defensive abilities

100% up time on pretty much any opponent

Self-healing(anni spec)

Immune to nerfs

Completely overpowered

Faceroll

Enjoy!

I see you got killed by a full WH marauder when wearing Columi gear

Funny thing is, they've had a few nerfs, like when they could spec force camo to provide full damage immunity. And most people still think they are too powerful. It was crazy back then.

They've had SEVERAL buffs since launch as well. And i think ONLY that 1 nerf that you mentioned.

I'm a full WH/EWH shadow tank (a class considered OP by many people and I can kill a reasonably well geared maraudeur ONLY if ALL my cds are up. With my full WH/EWH commando, i barely scratch his skin if i get his attention. Any other class will have great difficulty dealing with him. That's a well known FACT. Period.

I'm a full WH/EWH shadow tank (a class considered OP by many people and I can kill a reasonably well geared maraudeur ONLY if ALL my cds are up. With my full WH/EWH commando, i barely scratch his skin if i get his attention. Any other class will have great difficulty dealing with him. That's a well known FACT. Period.

thats funny The only what I can kill a shadow tank is if ALL my CDs are up... including WZ medpac and Adrenal.

Snipers are a hard counter to a marauder.

And Commandos are not completely broken but they do need some adjustments. But my deception assassin takes down a Commando just as well as my marauder... so Thats a Commando problem not a marauder one.

Haha, the truth finally comes out. :p we've also had several nerfs. Off the top of my head, nerf to our burn damage (anni/watch) nerf to force camo damage reduction, nerf to gbtf where now you can negate it with 1 stun. What more do you people want?

Haha, the truth finally comes out. :p we've also had several nerfs. Off the top of my head, nerf to our burn damage (anni/watch) nerf to force camo damage reduction, nerf to gbtf where now you can negate it with 1 stun. What more do you people want?

Well, the derpsmash fotm rerollers have put all the attention on you...so I'd say more nerfs inbound.

People, just stop complaining about Maras and Sents already, yes they killed you because you play a squishy dps that they are good against if you don't want that to happen but still play a dps character play a sniper or gunslinger they are literally a hard counter, or play non-squishy tank class. As a Guardian tank in full war hero if I end up fighting a mara in the same gear as me I'll almost always win, you want to know why? Because all you have to do is look at what stance they are in and then you can predict exactly what they are going to do and all you have to do is interrupt it at the right time and they are useless. When fighting any class it's all about knowing your enemy so you can counter them and honestly what do you expect to happen if you are playing a merc or a powertech dps against a mara, they are your hard counter. Hell this game really boils down to pretty much a rock paper scissors thing with most dps. Merc/Powertech will beat Snipers and Sorcs. Snipers will beat Maras/Juggs and Sorcs. Operatives andAssassins will beat Snipers. Sorcs will beat Operativs andAssassins. Maras/Juggs will beat Sorcs and Merc/Powertech. Not to say player skill doesn't play a roll but the dps classes are mostly balanced and counter each other really well. If you hate maras so much go play a sniper but be prepared to then have a festering hate for Assassins/Operatives.

Honestly just stop complaining.

Edited by Lintman

People, just stop complaining about Maras and Sents already, yes they killed you because you play a squishy dps that they are good against if you don't want that to happen but still play a dps character play a sniper or gunslinger they are literally a hard counter, or play non-squishy tank class. As a Guardian tank in full war hero if I end up fighting a mara in the same gear as me I'll almost always win, you want to know why? Because all you have to do is look at what stance they are in and then you can predict exactly what they are going to do and all you have to do is interrupt it at the right time and they are useless. When fighting any class it's all about knowing your enemy so you can counter them and honestly what do you expect to happen if you are playing a merc or a powertech dps against a mara, they are your hard counter. Hell this game really boils down to pretty much a rock paper scissors thing with most dps. Merc/Powertech will beat Snipers and Sorcs. Snipers will beat Maras/Juggs and Sorcs. Operatives andAssassins will beat Snipers. Sorcs will beat Operativs andAssassins. Maras/Juggs will beat Sorcs and Merc/Powertech. Not to say player skill doesn't play a roll but the dps classes are mostly balanced and counter each other really well. If you hate maras so much go play a sniper but be prepared to then have a festering hate for Assassins/Operatives.

Honestly just stop complaining.

BS

Merc/powertech will beat snipers and sorcs. Here i was laughing having commando and gunslinger. Commando won't kill anyone in the field unless he finds a column to hide behind. Sorcs kill commandos, snipers kill commandos, everyone does actually. Mara kills every class in the game withouth a serious challenge. Agreed snipers can be a hard counter but killable anyway. Only assasins perhaps can kill maras but not sure.

Dude you are way off with your "hard counters" lol. And please do tell me, how are you going to beat a watchman as a guardian tank? What will you interrupt? :D

He's actually spot on. A hard counter is where one class cannot beat another assuming both are of equal skill, something that will always be present to an extent with multiple classes. Note that spec differences may mitigate this somewhat.

Examples of hard counters:

Snipers to marauders

Marauders to mercs

Madness sorcs to operatives (assuming they survive/don't get hit by hidden strike+burst)

Most dps against most tanks

You've missed the point, it doesn't mean every class can counter everyone else, it means some class can't beat others. So you're statement about a guardian being unable to beat a sent actually proves his point.

In response to the OP, a marauder would certainly be a fun choice. The story is excellent, and the class mechanic and skills make it very enjoyable. Bear in mind that marauders are considered one of the top classes atm so if you rolled one you may have to change your playstyle if the class gets a serious nerf. I'd personally prefer other classes to get buffed up, but Bioware seems to favour nerfs over this.

Edited by Vacarius

Equal skilled sniper to an equal skilled sent/Mara the sniper will always lose. Sorry to break it to you.

I'd disagree completely, but regardless you have proven his point about hard counters, the only question now is what is a counter to what.

Unless mthe marauders on my server are horrible (I severely doubt that), snipers have the clear advantage in a one on one. Debilitate on UD, roots on cover pulse and leg shot, massive burst, flashbang to regain range and immunity to ravage make them the clear victor. That said, I don't play either class so my tactics of how to play it may be off.

Edited by Vacarius