Unbind your S keys please!

Xerain

Sometimes i'll take a couple of steps, it helps when dealing with stealthies. But yeah, i've some some people trying to kite with S, it generally doesn't end well

No just stop. you can snap your mouse around and face them quicker and not look like a noob.

I'm a scoundrel healer. I have everything I need keybound.

I use S to backpeddle, but not as much as one would think. In some situations its a bit more useful.

But kiting isn't a problem. I don't use S for it ofcourse.

Me backpeddling sometimes has NEVER affected my gameplay. It's not always as bad as you elitists claim it to be.

I use S to backpeddle, but not as much as one would think. In some situations its a bit more useful.

Me backpeddling sometimes has NEVER affected my gameplay. It's not always as bad as you elitists claim it to be.

It is bad when, due to pressure that a melee puts on you, you misclick or react automatically by backpeddling.

Didn't think that suggesting to other players that unbinding S from backpeddle made me an elitist...

You must have a very broad definition for that term.

Yeah as long as you're not using it to get away from melee who is attacking you, because you'll be moving too slow to get out of their 4m range since you can't run backwards at full speed in the game. I have seen a couple of sorcs hitting force speed while going backwards...weird.

Same here. (Except that i move with esdf).

It is bad when, due to pressure that a melee puts on you, you misclick or react automatically by backpeddling.

Didn't think that suggesting to other players that unbinding S from backpeddle made me an elitist...

You must have a very broad definition for that term.

I don't react to pressure by backpeddling.

Elitist might be a broad definition for this thing, but saying people aren't what they can be cuz they use it is plain stupid.

Granted, some people use it too much and in wrong situations, and they're wrong for doing so. But not all backpeddlers are bad players

Title speaks for itself... Stop back pedaling about.

I disagree. Any AC that has a frontal arc attack, backstab style attack or other positional restricted attack (which is almost all of them) can find a simple one step backwards to be of great benefit when server latency shows the target to be in front of you but actuality proves them to be positioned directly on top of or just behind you.

Think of it as a positional defensive cooldown or offensive burst buff rather than backpedaling. Without it, the target can attack me and I can't defend OR attack at my full strength.

:ph_thank_you:

I disagree. Any AC that has a frontal arc attack, backstab style attack or other positional restricted attack (which is almost all of them) can find a simple one step backwards to be of great benefit when server latency shows the target to be in front of you but actuality proves them to be positioned directly on top of or just behind you.

Think of it as a positional defensive cooldown or offensive burst buff rather than backpedaling. Without it, the target can attack me and I can't defend OR attack at my full strength.

I gotta agree with this guy. I could take one step back to walk through said enemy in a warzone to get a backstab off. or i could turn 90 degrees, strafe, and then hit backstab

of course you shouldn't run away from someone by backpeddling. but i honestly think keeping it there, and using it situationally(when beneficial) takes much more skill than just unbinding it all together.

Edited by FourTwent

I backpedal ALL THE TIME. Especially when grouped with an Operative friend.

I mean, if you are defending a door in Voidstar, solo. And you see me, as a sorc, coming up to you, then backpedaling, keyboardturning and running away. Could you resist the bait?

*Leap*

*Lolstun* *Lolmezz* *Lolroot*

Unauthorized armaments detected!

I backpedal ALL THE TIME. Especially when grouped with an Operative friend.

I mean, if you are defending a door in Voidstar, solo. And you see me, as a sorc, coming up to you, then backpedaling, keyboardturning and running away. Could you resist the bait?

*Leap*

*Lolstun* *Lolmezz* *Lolroot*

Unauthorized armaments detected!

If you really want to sell that bait even further, use force speed while backpedaling. Nobody can resist that!

No just stop. you can snap your mouse around and face them quicker and not look like a noob.

*facepalm*

Ever think there is a specific reason some people backpedal?

Case and point I ocassionally backpedal on my merc.. Why?

If I have to tell you why then you obviously aren't as skilled in PVP as you think.

I'll leave the self proclaimed elitests figure out why a merc would backpadel.

You can achieve the same result with traditional strafing and turning with mouse and your movement speed isn't hindered at all. Backpedaling doesn't provide any advantage whatsoever in any situation over the more "elitist" way of moving.

I backpedal all the time with my gunslinger, as I need to be facing my target, I like when noobs make fun of it too since they obviously don't know how to play.

But you don't need to backpedal to keep facing your target.

Edited by byteresistor