Is vindicator set worth it?

Valzanik

• 2 weeks later...
Well read what the 4 set bonus does.. thats why.

The 2 piece bonuses does nothing for sentinels, it's just the 4 piece bonuse of the increased damage by 10% for 5 seconds. And its arguable that this bonuse is only good for watchmen, who leap alot with thier rotation. Combat sentinels leap alot less. So get alot less usage out of this bonuses. The reduced cooldown on gbtf might be better since combat is kinda squishy too.

Its beneficial to all sentinel trees in pvp...

As a combat sentinel, I would rather have the increased range on my dispatch and the reduced cooldown on gaurded by the force, then a 5 sec 10% increase to damage that comes after my leap, something as combat does not get used all that much. Specially against good players that wait for it, so they can use their knock back or CC's. And since the OP says he's combat, well there you go.

If all you care about is your largest hit in the warzone, go nuts. For me, I would like to live more often and have more functionality on dispatch, which gets used alot. To me, this is a no brainer for combat.

If all you care about is your largest hit in the warzone, go nuts. For me, I would like to live more often and have more functionality on dispatch, which gets used alot. To me, this is a no brainer for combat.

Not the point. Even the best players can't always knock you back or stun you.

Also if you play ranked wz (I'm assuming you don't), that extra bit of dmg can be a great help with bursting a target down.

Also if you play ranked wz (I'm assuming you don't), that extra bit of dmg can be a great help with bursting a target down.

A 5m difference is not really noticable, 15m/10m whats the big deal, being a Focus/Combat Sentinel most of the time i find my self being at a 10m and below range a lot more than being 15m away from my target. Making the 15m Dispatch useless imho. I'd rather have 10% dmg increase to my opener for more burst dmg.

With all the bubble stuns and knockbacks flying around, more often then not, that leap opener just isn't happening. And if you aren't opening with leap, and blow through precision slash, there goes your opening for the that big burst after leap. We are talking about combat here right?? What is known as the squishest spec right now? And I'm going to give up the dispatch range and reduced cooldown on gaurded by the force for what?? For a bump in damage when I leap? Something people are watching for? So.ething they will CC? And most likely blow a CD on if the damage comes fast? Not to mention so.ething peeling me?

Yeah, your right. I don't play ranked, and I don't follow blind advice that people post on the forums. The bonus good for watchmen? Yeah, that spec leaps alot as part of its rotation. Has other ways of staying alive. Heals from burns. I can see it for focus as well, might as well get a bigger lol smash going while you are at it. But combat, get out of here. lol

A 5m difference is not really noticable, 15m/10m whats the big deal, being a Focus/Combat Sentinel most of the time i find my self being at a 10m and below range a lot more than being 15m away from my target. Making the 15m Dispatch useless imho. I'd rather have 10% dmg increase to my opener for more burst dmg.

So I take it you've never been CCed or peeled from a healer you almost had killed? Would be nice to be able to finish them off before they get out of range. Bladestorm and dispatch do a good job of that. i can tell you guys have your opinions and I have mine. I just don't play the same way you do. That's okay.

I believe the Vindicator 4-set bonus is only really useful for the Focus/Rage tree as it gives even more power to Smash. For the rest, meh... I prefer to have Undying Rage as many times as I can.

I totally agree. I can see it for watchmen as well. Its a main part of watchmens focus generation, alot more overall use.

A Combat Sent / Carnage Marauder should be using his or hers force charge everytime its off CD.... hit deadly/crippling throw to root, then strafe and charge back in again

I totally agree......as a melee class, you should never have trouble with distance, with the master strike root, and the crippling throw root, the target should always be in range. The 10 percent damage buff is huge for helping burst a target with the combat rotation. Guarded by the force and dispatch are incredibly useful,don't get me wrong. You should always use dispatch, but they should be in your range at the time. Guarded by the force is awesome, but if you need it that often, you aren't using force camo enough......it should be used as much as possible as an Argo dump before you are close to death. Guarded by the force is only when you are carrying the ball or need a couple of secs to hold a node or door before your friends come. As a huge burst class, 10percent is a must have. Since combat is super soft, you should camo super often.

Isn't vindicator heavy armor? :) I thought that that was the Juggernaut/guardian dps armor :) Your medium armor is called weapon master :)

I would be totally laughing on the inside if you bought a full set of vindicator armor, I really would.

Of course, you an buy the WH one, pull the armoring out and get the set bonus that way.

Isn't vindicator heavy armor? :) I thought that that was the Juggernaut/guardian dps armor :) Your medium armor is called weapon master :)

I would be totally laughing on the inside if you bought a full set of vindicator armor, I really would.

Of course, you an buy the WH one, pull the armoring out and get the set bonus that way.

yes bruv, thats what we are talking about... pulling the Armourings out of the WH Vindicators set to put in our medium armour... Dont laugh :-P some off realised too late and had to grind out another 4 pieces of WH gear inorder to get the Vindicators bonus :-\

Im not a moron...i realize its heavy armor........im one of the few unlucky suckers who realized the vindicator set is a better choice in many opinions and now has to buy a whole new set of war hero....ill probably just end up waiting for the elite war hero set though.....but either way, the point is that its worth the buy if you take the armoring out of course.....

I would be totally laughing on the inside if you bought a full set of vindicator armor, I really would. All you have to do is pull out all the mods and put them in mod able medium gear...

No duh genius.

Edited by PowerReaper

yes bruv, thats what we are talking about... pulling the Armourings out of the WH Vindicators set to put in our medium armour... Dont laugh :-P some off realised too late and had to grind out another 4 pieces of WH gear inorder to get the Vindicators bonus :-\

Can u explain to a rookie exactly how to do this? I have weaponmaster recruit gear. Do I get BM weaponmaster gaer next, then WH vindicator gear after that (which 4?) then pull armouring and put it in BM vindicator gear? This will give the bonus?

Can u explain to a rookie exactly how to do this? I have weaponmaster recruit gear. Do I get BM weaponmaster gaer next, then WH vindicator gear after that (which 4?) then pull armouring and put it in BM vindicator gear? This will give the bonus?

Hey,

Not sure if you managed to find the answer out already so......

PVP set bonuses are on the WH Armouring & the BM shell so the only way to get the Vindicators set bonus is through WH armouring.

So what you will need to do is get yourself 4 pieces of the WH Vindicators set pull the armouring out & pop them into a moddable piece of gear.

It doesn't matter which 4 pieces you choose but they will need to be 4 different pieces as Head piece armourings can only slotted in another moddable head piece etc.etc...

BM gear will be obsolete after the next patch so save your comms until then.

Hope that helps!

Edited by RoninKetch

if you say you want vindi for bonus great, but if you havent tried that extra range on dispatch, please dont say anything....i cant tell ya how many kills ive gotten becuase of that 5 meters....simple, they are giveing me 5 meters on a killing blow... with all the ranged dps out there its far better...

and then gbf cooldown reduction? i can prevent a death atleast 30 percent of the time, and or get the kill in by time it wear off... 5 seconds of damage is great, but plse dont knock weaponmaster bonus if havent tried it, its pretty good...