Want to hear suggestion of TOR fanfic

Slowpokeking

I like to discuss with you.

How about young make Chiss Cipher 9 has a romance with Satele?

Why does it have to be Satele Shan? You say you don't like the female characters in Star Wars, so why don't you write your own? You say that female characters have "lost charisma of women" - could you say what that even means? I have my own idea of what you might men, but I wouldn't want to put words in your mouth.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it have to be Satele Shan? You say you don't like the female characters in Star Wars, so why don't you write your own? You say that female characters have "lost charisma of women" - could you say what that even means? I have my own idea of what you might men, but I wouldn't want to put words in your mouth.

Well female Jedi are usually too stubborn and female Sith are usually too manipulative, they stuck to their code too much. It's a bit hard to write good romance for them.

No, I favor existing characters.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Well female Jedi are usually too stubborn and female Sith are usually too manipulative, they stuck to their code too much. It's a bit hard to write good romance for them.

No, I favor existing characters.

If you don't like the challenge, why are you writing?

If you don't like the challenge, why are you writing?

Well I did write romance of Anakin and another woman(They said it's quite good except they could not accept Anakin's romance), then romance of Count Dooku. After those fanfics I tried to write romance of Palpatine as challenge but I found it's just to weird after 1 chapter, so I guess it's not too wise to challenge such thing without a good plot or you really like these characters.

Edited by Slowpokeking

I don't know, I just hate original characters, especially if they interact with major figures in the story.

That's the point of this game though. Just like the original KOTOR and KOTOR II. Your character has a major role to play, and they influence the galaxy in a big way. We're essentially all playing the same story, but our heroes are all different - they are what we want them to be.

That's the point of this game though. Just like the original KOTOR and KOTOR II. Your character has a major role to play, and they influence the galaxy in a big way. We're essentially all playing the same story, but our heroes are all different - they are what we want them to be.

Well I am really afraid of turning the character into something like Mary Sue or some big savior.

BTW I already got the SI SW IA and BH in this story, since we had so many options in the game there are freedom and space to shape them, especially IA. Satele is also a cool character to write about, what do you think about the Satele&Cipher 9 romance?

Acally Their son was Force Sensitive he just deide not train way of the force

I don't think he was. Or, he might have been, but only very weakly sensitive.

"Sometimes the Force is a little hard to understand."

"You'd better get used to it," she told him. "It's in your blood. I can already sense it in those kids of yours."

"I guess it skips a generation," Vaner said with a soft laugh.

In the time of the prequel trilogy, the Jedi Order could use a blood test to determine Force sensitivity. A higher-than-normal midichlorian count meant that a child would make a good candidate for training. However, I don't believe that technology exists in the time of TOR or the Jedi Civil War. The reason is in the new book, Annihilation, and the comic series, The Lost Suns: Satele gave her son to her old master, and he trained Theron in the ways of the Jedi. However, it was later determined that Theron lacked any real Force sensitivity, and his training stopped.

I think that Vaner could have gone to the Jedi as a child and been trained, but he probably would have lacked any real power, and he'd end up much like Theron. Notice also how Bastila mentioned that she could feel the Force in his children, but never said that about him. The Force is indeed in his blood, and he passed it on to his children. The Force is like a disease; some people are just carriers.

There are other examples or people with Force training that lack real power. The best example is Zayne Carrick, who was pretty much a failure at Jedi training. He was lucky as hell, though.

Edited by JacenHallis

So Cipher 9 had romance with Satele after she disguised as a Male Chiss and rescued her from Nox, then should she really have some feeling or regret towards Satele because she and Jadus was using her?

What makes you assume Satele is straight in the first place?

What makes you assume Satele is straight in the first place?

She had romance with other guys in the comic, just not sure does she like women.

I think straight man feel less disturbed to lesbian than gay, me too. But I want to be fair so I prefer to keep same sex relationship as friendship rather than love.

Edited by Slowpokeking

So the current plot is: Satele Shan fell into love with Cipher Nine and decided to leave the war to the new generation, they traveled through many planets, but during one trip her lover got captured by the republic for "his" crime against the republic, the republic troopers also decided to execute "him" on the ship. She felt the life sign of Ciphier 9 had gone through the Force then the ship got shot down by the Empire. And from the public channel, she saw the Empire released some leaked hologram about Theron Shan went to argue with the Jedi Masters then it went badly, the Jedi took out their lightsaber and executed Theron Shan in the end. The Republic and Jedi claimed Theron Shan was a traitor. After seeing this, she realized how horrible the current Republic and the Jedi Order, and fell to the Dark Side, decided to remake the Jedi and Republic.

Ok.. but why Satele Shan? Personally I think that story would work better with someone who isn't currently enshrined in canon.

At first I didn't think about give her such a major role, but after the discussion with you people I found her character is much more complexed than I thought and has a lot of potential to develop, unlike most of the Jedi women.

And I just hate original characters so much unless they don't have any interaction to the major figures in the story. Maybe because some really bad Sue fanfic scared me too much when I started to read and write fanfic.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Yeah I know there are a lot of good fanfic with original protagonist, maybe I will think about in the next one, right now I think Satele Shan fit well. I hope Bioware/LA use these potential of her character well rather than let her be some typical Jedi women.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Yeah I know there are a lot of good fanfic with original protagonist, maybe I will think about in the next one, right now I think Satele Shan fit well. I hope Bioware/LA use these potential of her character well rather than let her be some typical Jedi women.

I'm not even going to get started on why I want to question your idea of "Jedi women" versus "other women", so why don't you start the story and we'll see how it actually works out.

I'm not even going to get started on why I want to question your idea of "Jedi women" versus "other women", so why don't you start the story and we'll see how it actually works out.

I always think most of the Jedi are just too stubborn and lack of complexity, the female ones are usually worse than the male. I tried to write fanfic about Jedi(not like Anakin or Dooku) before but could not think about any interesting plot. Maybe because I favor the Sith too much, while it's hard to write romance for them as well, their power-play and manipulation always could make good stories.

I already did and right now the length is about 27000 words, almost the same with that fanfic of Dooku, but the problem is : Translation.:mad:

Edited by Slowpokeking

I always think most of the Jedi are just too stubborn and lack of complexity, the female ones are usually worse than the male.

How is taking Satele Shan, the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, going to fix whatever problem you think you have with female Jedi? She is the female Jedi to end all female Jedi. She embodies everything the Order stands for. You can't just take her character and change her because you don't feel like coming up with a suitable replacement.

How is taking Satele Shan, the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, going to fix whatever problem you think you have with female Jedi? She is the female Jedi to end all female Jedi. She embodies everything the Order stands for. You can't just take her character and change her because you don't feel like coming up with a suitable replacement.

Because like I listed before, she was like other jedi masters, she fought for justice and was a brave leader from the republic's stories I guess, but she also permitted atrocities or even genocide if we take a closer look from the Empire's story. This is her potential, maybe even Bioware has not fully realized it yet.

My personal opinion is that she didn't really like such operations and knew those were wrong, but as the Grand Master and in the war she had to take the chance to strike the Empire, also those Jedi like Seros might be quite valuable to fight the Sith. So this is what could create drama and conflict, especially within herself and could lead her into the Dark Side. Jedi turned Sith is always interesting to write about.

Because like I listed before, she was like other jedi masters, she fought for justice and was a brave leader from the republic's stories I guess, but she also permitted atrocities or even genocide if we take a closer look from the Empire's story. This is her potential, maybe even Bioware has not fully realized it yet.

My personal opinion is that she didn't really like such operations and knew those were wrong, but as the Grand Master and in the war she had to take the chance to strike the Empire, also those Jedi like Seros might be quite valuable to fight the Sith. So this is what could create drama and conflict, especially within herself and could lead her into the Dark Side. Jedi turned Sith is always interesting to write about.

How about you look at it from the Republic side, the side she actually represents and not the Empire's side, the side who is actively trying to destroy everything she stands for?

How about you make an original Jedi and stop trying to shove Satele Shan into a mold she doesn't fit in?

But, I suspect, and I'm sure most others do as well, that you are content to not let facts ruin a story.

Write your story and stop begging for people to validate your plot, because, if you're not going to listen, you're wasting time and space on the front page that belongs to actual stories and not pointless "Do you like this idea?" threads.

How about you look at it from the Republic side, the side she actually represents and not the Empire's side, the side who is actively trying to destroy everything she stands for?

How about you make an original Jedi and stop trying to shove Satele Shan into a mold she doesn't fit in?

But, I suspect, and I'm sure most others do as well, that you are content to not let facts ruin a story.

Write your story and stop begging for people to validate your plot, because, if you're not going to listen, you're wasting time and space on the front page that belongs to actual stories and not pointless "Do you like this idea?" threads.

Well I did have a low level consular and watched the video of the JK story, I also took a look at the TOR comics as well and I think I understand her character. If there is anything that contradicted those actions we saw from the Empire side, or there is anything showed she felt no regret for those, welcome to point out.

Well I did have a low level consular and watched the video of the JK story, I also took a look at the TOR comics as well and I think I understand her character. If there is anything that contradicted those actions we saw from the Empire side, or there is anything showed she felt no regret for those, welcome to point out.

You're refusing to do actual research and you expect others to hand feed you the information? No.