Want to hear suggestion of TOR fanfic

Slowpokeking

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't say "Play the Empire, especially BH's chapter 2&3" if people are not clear about it, we are here to share information and discuss.

Information has been shared. And you've ignored it. People have told you over and over and OVER AGAIN to NOT USE Satele Shan as your female protagonist/antagonist/whatever the hell it is you're trying to do. But are you listening? NO. You're trying to take Satele Shan, who is the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, who embodies everything a Jedi should be, and STUFF HER into A MOLD SHE CANNOT FIT.

Saying that you "understand her character pretty well" after playing a LOW LEVEL Consular and WATCHING the Jedi Knight story line is just stupid. Plain ol' stupid. Satele Shan is steeped in canon and lore and has a rich background that you can READ ABOUT if you just google her freaking name. If you refuse to acknowledge that what we are telling you is true, then DOUBLE CHECK OUR FACTS. Get off your lazy butt and DO SOME RESEARCH.

Better yet, take the time to make an original character that you can shape into your mold. And don't come back and say "but I'm scared she'll turn into a Mary Sue!" because that's easy to avoid. All you have to do, is TAKE YOUR TIME. Don't try and rush through a plotline and horrifically murder canon characters that we all love and respect.

But I guess you would rather just sit here and repeatedly ask for people to give you the thumbs up on your idea after they've already explained, repeatedly, that it is a terrible idea to use Satele Shan in any other way except as a minor NPC role. You like to sit here and ignore the advice that has been given to you. Enjoy the hate your future thread will get if it doesn't get completely ignored.

Good day to you, sir. :rolleyes:

Information has been shared. And you've ignored it. People have told you over and over and OVER AGAIN to NOT USE Satele Shan as your female protagonist/antagonist/whatever the hell it is you're trying to do. But are you listening? NO. You're trying to take Satele Shan, who is the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, who embodies everything a Jedi should be, and STUFF HER into A MOLD SHE CANNOT FIT.

You mean that includes support crazy genocide of at least tens of billions of lives and permit "atrocious(the Supreme Chancellor's words)" operations against someone? Who is ignoring the fact right now?

Saying that you "understand her character pretty well" after playing a LOW LEVEL Consular and WATCHING the Jedi Knight story line is just stupid. Plain ol' stupid. Satele Shan is steeped in canon and lore and has a rich background that you can READ ABOUT if you just google her freaking name. If you refuse to acknowledge that what we are telling you is true, then DOUBLE CHECK OUR FACTS. Get off your lazy butt and DO SOME RESEARCH.

I watched some video of JK's story, read the comic ToP, BotE(she was not involved)and Lost Sun, and rechecked those Imperial plots I mentioned in FP/videos. Of course I also welcome information that contradicts her persona from my understanding or the crimes in the Empire's story since I didn't play JK or read Fatal Alliance before.

You are still yelling that I ignored the fact but you didn't give anything to prove my understanding or those stuff I observed in the Empire's story is wrong, I believe you are not lazy.

You mean that includes support crazy genocide of at least tens of billions of lives and permit "atrocious(the Supreme Chancellor's words)" operations against someone? Who is ignoring the fact right now?

What "genocide"?

I watched some video of JK's story, read the comic ToP, BotE(she was not involved)and Lost Sun, and rechecked those Imperial plots I mentioned in FP/videos. Of course I also welcome information that contradicts her persona from my understanding or the crimes in the Empire's story since I didn't play JK or read Fatal Alliance before.

You are still yelling that I ignored the fact but you didn't give anything to prove my understanding or those stuff I observed in the Empire's story is wrong, I believe you are not lazy.

Aw, thanks.

So anyway. What you're telling me is that your whole opinion on Satele Shan is based on the picture the Empire paints of her? The Empire, that hates everything and everyone that has anything to do with the Republic ever. That's just not going to fly.

Aaaanywaaaaay. I'm done contributing to the life of this thread. I hope it dies and sinks to the dregs of the fanfic board where it will stay forever and all eternity.

What "genocide"?

Revan wanted to wipe out everyone who has the Sith ancestry, which is 97.8% of the Imperial population by using the Foundry's droids, but the jedi were still aiding him by sending many knights and even a few masters.

Aw, thanks.

So anyway. What you're telling me is that your whole opinion on Satele Shan is based on the picture the Empire paints of her? The Empire, that hates everything and everyone that has anything to do with the Republic ever. That's just not going to fly.

Aaaanywaaaaay. I'm done contributing to the life of this thread. I hope it dies and sinks to the dregs of the fanfic board where it will stay forever and all eternity.

It's not the pic the Empire painted on her, it's what her Jedi did and got admitted by the Republic members, that word "atrocious" came from the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic to describe the Jedi's action against the BH.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Revan wanted to wipe out everyone who has the Sith ancestry, which is 97.8% of the Imperial population by using the Foundry's droids, but the jedi were still aiding him by sending many knights and even a few masters.

Alright alright. One last thing. Revan IS NOT the same person as Satele. They aren't even from the same time period. Revan was neither Jedi nor Sith. What he wanted to do had nothing to do with what Satele wanted to do. AT ALL.

It's not the pic the Empire painted on her, it's what her Jedi did and got admitted by the Republic members, that word "atrocious" came from the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic to describe the Jedi's action against the BH.

Again, here you go blaming Satele for the actions of one Jedi. The Jedi in the BH story is not doing what he's doing because Satele told him to. Also, fun fact, did you know:

That you can KILL the Supreme Chancellor in the BH story?! Did you even PLAY this class?!?!

Edited by MilaniGrey

Alright alright. One last thing. Revan IS NOT the same person as Satele. They aren't even from the same time period. Revan was neither Jedi nor Sith. What he wanted to do had nothing to do with what Satele wanted to do. AT ALL.

But Satele aided her ancestor in the Foundry by sending the jedi knights and masters, that meant she aided Revan to complete his plan of genocide. I hope you can understand this.

Again, here you go blaming Satele for the actions of one Jedi. The Jedi in the BH story is not doing what he's doing because Satele told him to. Also, fun fact, did you know:

That you can KILL the Supreme Chancellor in the BH story?! Did you even PLAY this class?!?!

It was the action of the Battle Master of the Jedi Order and many jedi, including a few masters were involved in those operations. They also contacted the chancellor to let him list those false crimes in the public channel. Are you saying Satele Shan, as the Grand Master, the head of the Order didn't know such thing or the battlemaster could let the supreme chancellor read these on the public channel without her permission,or she should not be responsible for this?

Yes you can choose to kill the chancellor but what does this have to do with the discussion?

Seriously, as the leader of the order it's not you are not directly involved so you have nothing to do with it, especially in these cases, she mostly did know and she should know.

I'm not saying she's evil or something like that, just she might feel bad about it but still chose to permit it because it's gonna hurt the Empire. That's what could create conflicts within her.

Point One: Genocide.

This is on Revan, completely. A man whose mind was locked with the arguably the most powerful dark-sider in the universe. The fact that Reven intended to wipe out anyone with Sith heritage was a revelation to Imperials mean it is reasonable the Republic didn't know of his plans either. For all they knew, he was simply getting a remarkable droid manufacturing facility up and running to aid the Republic in the war effort, and any plans of wiping out the Sith rested solely with Revan and his droid. The Republic personnel and Jedi knights stationed on the foundry were simply following a very charismatic figure who they thought could bring peace to the galaxy like he did three hundred years ago.

Point Two: Bounty Hunter

This was all on Janus and Jun Seros. Jun Seros is a Jedi Battlemaster and a General for the Republic Army. He believed the Treaty of Coruscant to be a shame from the beginning, and was constantly preparing for the return to war. He is utterly obsessed with destroying the Sith and their allies. Not defeating them. Destroying them. Though the believes himself to be in the right, he is driven by flawed wisdom and awareness that aren't in line with the Jedi Code. He used his personal friendship with the Supreme Chancellor to have him declare the bounty hunter a major threat to the Republic. This was a personal vendetta committed by Jun Seros who used his own connections, not those of the Jedi Order, to commit his 'atrocities'.

Satele Shan is the grandmaster of the Jedi Order. She is the embodiment of the strength, wisdom, and guidance the order strives for. She does not, however, dictate or even have knowledge of the many Jedi who belong to the order. Once you reach the level of Master, it is assumed you know enough about what you're doing to have earned a bit of sovereignty and less oversight. The Jedi Order works with the Republic, but the nature of their relationship doesn't mean they know what each other are doing. An individual's actions can only be judged individually.

Nothing presented about Satele's character suggests she is the type who would stop at nothing to defeat the Empire. The first and only thing she would willingly sacrifice is herself.

Thinking she has knowledge and control over everyone in an order that preaches discipline and self-sufficiency is ridiculous. Is the Emperor not that bad a guy because of my light-sided Inquisitor? After all, he is a high ranking Darth acting within the confines of the Empire. Do you blame a President for the reckless actions of a rogue Governor?

You cannot assume anything about a character beyond what that character specifically says, does, or acts upon. That is the problem here.

Edited by Osetto

But Satele aided her ancestor in the Foundry by sending the jedi knights and masters, that meant she aided Revan to complete his plan of genocide. I hope you can understand this.

I hope you can understand that in the Empire flashpoint "The Foundry" you are sent to KILL Revan and destroy the station. You know what you fight the whole way to the boss fight? Droids. Droids, droids, and more droids, and a few Jedi. Oh, and HK-47. There are no Jedi there "aiding" Revan in his plan to destroy the Empire because Satele told them to.

Maybe you're thinking that because in the Republic flash point "Maelstrom Prison" you break Revan out and set him free. And then he disappears. He doesn't go to Tython to recieve orders from his great-granddaughter to destroy the Empire. He disappears and undertakes the task BY HIMSELF.

-Edit-

Osetto, you are my hero.

Edited by MilaniGrey

Satele is ultimately responsible for the actions of the Jedi. She is ultimately responsible for the actions of the Jedi in question in the Bounty Hunter story. That does not mean that she condoned the action or even had knowledge of it.

The Jedi are not housed up on Coruscant anymore. The relationship seen between the Jedi Council and the Supreme chancellor in the prequel trilogy does not exist at this time. Much of the Republic looks down on the Jedi Order, believing they abandoned Coruscant when it needed them most. Satele, for her part, is focused on rebuilding the Order, and taking care of immediate threats to the Republic. She is not cognizant of everything that goes on in the galaxy.

As far as Revan, he's a charismatic fellow, and there most assuredly are Jedi who would go through with genocide to rid the galaxy of the Sith menace. That doesn't mean that Satele believes the same way. You've played the Black Talon. Satele pleads for the Imperial team to just leave the Brentaal Star alone, because she doesn't want that conflict. Does that sound like a person that would knowingly allow Revan, ancestor or no, to engage in wholesale slaughter of anyone--Sith or not? I don't think so.

You're attributing the actions of a couple of individual persons, one of whom isn't even a Jedi (Revan), to Satele, when she has shown no inclination of approval of said methods. That's my problem with your characterization--it lacks any basis at all in any sort of previously existing lore.

Speculative fiction is fine. But, it has to have some basis in the "reality" of the situation. There has to be a part of it that rings true, or there is no grounding upon which to build the framework of the story.

Edited by JacenHallis

Point One: Genocide.

This is on Revan, completely. A man whose mind was locked with the arguably the most powerful dark-sider in the universe. The fact that Reven intended to wipe out anyone with Sith heritage was a revelation to Imperials mean it is reasonable the Republic didn't know of his plans either. For all they knew, he was simply getting a remarkable droid manufacturing facility up and running to aid the Republic in the war effort, and any plans of wiping out the Sith rested solely with Revan and his droid. The Republic personnel and Jedi knights stationed on the foundry were simply following a very charismatic figure who they thought could bring peace to the galaxy like he did three hundred years ago.

Why? He was willing to show such top secret to the imperial and but not to the republic and jedi? He was installing bio scanners to every droid in there and HK 47 clearly spoke loud and clear rather than whisper to you.

Point Two: Bounty Hunter

This was all on Janus and Jun Seros. Jun Seros is a Jedi Battlemaster and a General for the Republic Army. He believed the Treaty of Coruscant to be a shame from the beginning, and was constantly preparing for the return to war. He is utterly obsessed with destroying the Sith and their allies. Not defeating them. Destroying them. Though the believes himself to be in the right, he is driven by flawed wisdom and awareness that aren't in line with the Jedi Code.

And Satele Shan still let him stay as the Battle Master of the Order, so he was able to command so many Jedi to do such witch hunt.

He used his personal friendship with the Supreme Chancellor to have him declare the bounty hunter a major threat to the Republic. This was a personal vendetta committed by Jun Seros who used his own connections, not those of the Jedi Order, to commit his 'atrocities'.

It's not like they worked secretly, the operations involved many jedi and the framed crime was listed by the Chancellor in public. So Satele Shan clearly should know about it but she did nothing to stop it, as the head of the order. The Chancellor could review these in his file and found out the mistake, why didn't Satele Shan do so since those were mostly done by the Jedi?

Satele Shan is the head of the Order, She left such a man with this power, totally should know (and I believe she knew unless she's a moron but that's not the case) about Jun Seros doing when that super long framed crime was listed by the Chancellor in the public channel but she did nothing to stop him but sent him to aid the Green Jedi for such a task. As the leader of the Jedi Order she could not simply say it's a personal doing.

I hope you can understand that in the Empire flashpoint "The Foundry" you are sent to KILL Revan and destroy the station. You know what you fight the whole way to the boss fight? Droids. Droids, droids, and more droids, and a few Jedi. Oh, and HK-47. There are no Jedi there "aiding" Revan in his plan to destroy the Empire because Satele told them to.

Maybe you're thinking that because in the Republic flash point "Maelstrom Prison" you break Revan out and set him free. And then he disappears. He doesn't go to Tython to recieve orders from his great-granddaughter to destroy the Empire. He disappears and undertakes the task BY HIMSELF.

-Edit-

Osetto, you are my hero.

There are a lot of Jedi in the Foundry FP.

There are a lot of Jedi in the Foundry FP.

Did you totally ignore what I said? I said there were no Jedi there because SATELE TOLD THEM TO BE.

I point to my earlier post in which I point out that you don't seem to give a damn about what's right and what isn't. Your opinion and outlook on the situations is the only one you're going to agree with.

I'm done here.

Edited by MilaniGrey

Satele is ultimately responsible for the actions of the Jedi. She is ultimately responsible for the actions of the Jedi in question in the Bounty Hunter story. That does not mean that she condoned the action or even had knowledge of it.

It's hard for her to "not know", even the chancellor reviewed those files. Jun Seros was the jedi under her command and those operations were led by the Jedi, a few masters also got involved.

The Jedi are not housed up on Coruscant anymore. The relationship seen between the Jedi Council and the Supreme chancellor in the prequel trilogy does not exist at this time. Much of the Republic looks down on the Jedi Order, believing they abandoned Coruscant when it needed them most. Satele, for her part, is focused on rebuilding the Order, and taking care of immediate threats to the Republic. She is not cognizant of everything that goes on in the galaxy.

No but most of the operations were leading by the Jedi. That BH became the jedi's target after he/she killed that Jedi Master on Aurora. In the quests we also see the Jedi were leading those hunting operations. As the Grand Master, she should know about these and suspect that long crime unless she's dumb.

Not just because that crime list didn't make sense, since when they knew Kellian Jarro's death and locked the BH they should make some background check, which should be totally different than the one filled with tons of crimes. I don't believe she didn't care about such a revered and famous jedi master's death.

As far as Revan, he's a charismatic fellow, and there most assuredly are Jedi who would go through with genocide to rid the galaxy of the Sith menace. That doesn't mean that Satele believes the same way. You've played the Black Talon. Satele pleads for the Imperial team to just leave the Brentaal Star alone, because she doesn't want that conflict. Does that sound like a person that would knowingly allow Revan, ancestor or no, to engage in wholesale slaughter of anyone--Sith or not? I don't think so.

No I don't believe she thought the same way as Revan did, but she might make a try to annihilate the empire if they could not take the upperhand in the war or use the droids as a last resort weapon. As for BT, I think she didn't want to start the battle mostly because it would be bad to when the republic and the jedi was still rebuilding itself, it's not a good time to start a big war again.

You're attributing the actions of a couple of individual persons, one of whom isn't even a Jedi (Revan), to Satele, when she has shown no inclination of approval of said methods. That's my problem with your characterization--it lacks any basis at all in any sort of previously existing lore.

They are all major figures and those are all big operations with Jedi's aid, that's what she should know as the Grand Master.

Speculative fiction is fine. But, it has to have some basis in the "reality" of the situation. There has to be a part of it that rings true, or there is no grounding upon which to build the framework of the story.

No I didn't say it's 100% since she was not directly involved, but it would make sense and would not be against her persona, actually it could make her character much more complexed. I'm not saying she would be happy about it, I think she would feel regret and should know it's wrong but permit it for the "Greater Good" like the peace to th galaxy. I remember Jasea said Jedi always say about "Greater Good".

If she didn't know about these, that means

1. She aided Revan to start a genocide without knowing his goal. Think about it, the jedi were aiding the genocide, the Sith and the imperial were stopping it, how stupid it is?

2. She didn't pay attention to a revered master's death, simply give the power to a vicious Jedi master and caused such a Witch Hunt. And she still knew little about it after several operations which were led by Jedi masters had occurred and the chancellor listed those crazy crimes in public channel.

What impression do you get? As a leader of a good organization she was horrible, aiding a crazy man to start a galaxy wide genocide without knowing much during the long process, and gave such a serious issue to someone like Seros, which caused such a witch hunt against the BH, forced him/her to join a cruel Sith Lord Darth Tormen and ultimately, caused reputation of the Jedi Order's greatly drop and the chancellor's removal due to the deception.

Actually I think after the Foundry, the Empire could simply release the secret to the galaxy, let the galaxy know the irony. That's gonna be a huge blow to the Jedi's reputation.

Edited by Slowpokeking

What impression do you get?

My impression is that you're coming at Satele like a person who's been fed misinformation about the Jedi for years--like an actual Imperial citizen. As an author, that's a commendable thing, until it makes it so you can no longer be an impartial judge of character. You're at that point now. You're attributing things to Satele that she had no involvement in, and you're putting a negative spin on that. If you pull back and examine everything impartially, you will see that you are wrong about Satele in so many ways.

And that's just her. Nevermind the backwards ideas you've got about Malgus.

This has nothing to do with the thread, but I have to do it:

What impression do you get?

I've never had to knock on wood

But I know someone who has

Which makes me wonder if I could

It makes me wonder if

And I'm glad I haven't yet

Because I'm sure it isn't good

that's the impression that I get

My impression is that you're coming at Satele like a person who's been fed misinformation about the Jedi for years--like an actual Imperial citizen.As an author, that's a commendable thing, until it makes it so you can no longer be an impartial judge of character.

NVM I got it wrong.

That's really not misinformation unless those in the Foundry and the BH story arc are not Jedi.

You're at that point now. You're attributing things to Satele that she had no involvement in, and you're putting a negative spin on that. If you pull back and examine everything impartially, you will see that you are wrong about Satele in so many ways.

Well permit such crimes(even though she could regret it a lot) is negative, but not knowing such crimes as the leader is negative as well right? As the Grand Master she could not get away with it even though she was not directly involved. So I think it's more reasonable that she did know but permitted for the "Greater Good" and regret for it a lot, that fit her character. Don't get me wrong I like her character a lot.

Edited by Slowpokeking

It makes me wonder if

Jacen, you are also my hero.

Did you totally ignore what I said? I said there were no Jedi there because SATELE TOLD THEM TO BE.

I point to my earlier post in which I point out that you don't seem to give a damn about what's right and what isn't. Your opinion and outlook on the situations is the only one you're going to agree with.

I'm done here.

So many Jedi(including masters) could go there and stay for a while without the permission of the Grand Master?

I have mixed feelings about this thread: I'm not sure whether the OP is an elaborate plot to mess with people (something starting with "T" and ending with a roll) or if it's truly genuine.

If it's the 1st case, then I tip my hat to you sir/madam for being able to draw so many others into this thread. If you are not, you seem to be someone who wants to IMPOSE your own point of view and NOT ACCEPTING what other people are responding, always trying to find an argument to lead back to your own views.

A few points:

1. If a Jedi decides to go on a "witch hunt" against a single BH, he does not necessarily need to tell his boss, just as you would not tell your boss if you were planning to kill a co-worker. And your boss would not know about your plan until it's too late. If you say "Satele is a Jedi and she knows" I ask you how? Because she reads minds? As the head of the Jedi order, I'm not sure she would be able to know every single motivation behind EVERY Jedi. Do you expect every jedi to tell her what they are going to do? No. Many jedi have their own agenda and they do not go around telling everybody else.

2. Revan, as posted previously, is a completely different character. He was one of the few to be able to experience both sides of the medallion (Light/Dark side) and that has left him marked in more ways that you can think. Do not assume, again, that Satele knows what's in Revan's mind.

3. From point 1, you need to consider that there are many jedi who fell prey to the dark side because of their own agenda. As an example, see Jaesa's master during the SW storyline (and that being only a minor example). It's what happens when they believe they are in the right, they start a "crusade" or "witch hunt", call it whatever you prefer, and they do not see the result of their actions. Again, Satele cannot be held responsible for their own decisions.

4. You don't seem to grasp the concept that using major characters in a fiction will annoy people, to say the least. There are many here that are Star Wars fans and would hate to see such major characters thrown into a blender. As many people already have advised, in order to avoid flak, use your own characters and, although I know you do not like "original" characters as you have said more than once, why not try and make an effort to see if an "original" character is such a bad idea?

Edited by Selentar

1. If a Jedi decides to go on a "witch hunt" against a single BH, he does not necessarily need to tell his boss, just as you would not tell your boss if you were planning to kill a co-worker. And your boss would not know until it's too late. If you say "Satele is a Jedi and she knows" I ask you how? Because she reads minds? As the head of the Jedi order, I'm not sure she would be able to know every single motivation behind EVERY Jedi. Do you expect every jedi to tell her what they are going to do? No. Many jedi have their own agenda and they do not go around telling everybody else.

3. From point 1, you need to consider that there are many jedi who fell prey to the dark side because of their own agenda. As an example, see Jaesa's master during the SW storyline (and that being only a minor example). It's what happens when they believe they are in the right, they start a "crusade" or "witch hunt", call it how you prefer, and they do not see the result of their actions. Again, Satele cannot be held responsible for their own decisions.

I guess you are not clear about the case. Let me explain:

1. The BH got into their sight because he/she killed a revered Jedi Master Kellian Jarro, a great hero in the Sacking of Coruscant and destroyed his ship. That's a big case to them. Do you believe Satele Shan would simply ignore this?

2. Jun Seros is the Battle Master of the Jedi Order, he's important enough to let the Grand Master pay attention.

3. The operations were led by several Jedi, including a master and they slaughtered a few other bounty hunters who got nothing to do with Kellian's death. As the Grand Master of the Order shouldn't she know the operation against Kellian's killer?

4. The framed crime were listed by the Supreme Chancellor of the republic, he also said it's a "top priority", and the republic put the BH on the top of their most wanted list. Are you saying Satele still didn't know it?

It's like kill someone with your company's resources, employees and made it clear in public TV, also saved his plan in the company's computer then are you saying the boss is not responsible?

2. Revan, as posted previously, is a completely different character. He was one of the few to be able to experience both sides of the medallion (Light/Dark side) and that has left him marked in more ways that you can think. Do not assume, again that Satele knows what's in Revan's mind.

Yes, but the jedi were aiding him for his genocide and HK-47 said loud and clear to even the imperial enemies, so as the Grand Master Satele should be responsible.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Even if Satele knew about the BH, you also need to consider that

the Councillor knew that Jun Seros had used his influence to accuse the BH of all those crimes as it becomes apparent from the BH story line. Wouldn't the Councillor also warn Satele of such abuse of power?

But we are digressing here from the OP. My question is why are you somehow convinced that Satele Shan is a bad person? Just so she can fit in your story?

You, obviously, have a different idea about her character and, although I respect that as everybody is entitled to an opinion, I also believe that you should just go ahead and write your story and wait for feedback.

From what has surfaced in this thread, however, I do not think that you are going to receive much praise as it is quite clear you have stepped on many toes. You wanted to hear suggestions from the fanfic community. You got many of them. Take them or leave them but, since it seems you have very strong opinions which won't budge, all that remains is to see what you can come up with.

And do not start such threads if you cannot take criticism.

Even if Satele knew about the BH, you also need to consider that

the Councillor knew that Jun Seros had used his influence to accuse the BH of all those crimes as it becomes apparent from the BH story line. Wouldn't the Councillor also warn Satele of such abuse of power?

Maybe, but we don't see her do anything.

But we are digressing here from the OP. My question is why are you somehow convinced that Satele Shan is a bad person? Just so she can fit in your story?

No I don't think she's a bad person, she's just not some kind of "embodiment of the light side/jedi code" typical boring Jedi. She's just a quite complexed and realistic character. She is overall good and fought for the republic/jedi order, but sometimes she would permit cruel actions for "the greater good" such as the peace of the galaxy and the defeat of the Empire, even though she would regret for it and thought it was wrong. Like the BH's case, I think she knew about it and permitted it because the BH is the enemy of the republic and Jun Seros might be a valuable asset to the Jedi Order and republic so she didn't go against it but she should have some regret within her soul.

And that could create drama and conflict within her character if they were all brought up, even lead her to the Dark Side through some manipulation, that's what I'm saying.

Edited by Slowpokeking

It makes me wonder if

*throws praise and candy at Jacen*

Also, Slow, just feel free to write whatever you want, but understand that EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS THREAD has disagreed with you on Satele's characterization, so don't expect us to suddenly think you're right and we're all wrong.