Crazy high stats in Sub 50 warzones

ALoveShot

I noticed that gear also matters in sub-50 PVP. Maybe this player had all purples for his character on that level, with augments. That could add a lot of extra power/health.

I know that my Powertech at 49 was also dinging close to 20K HP. so it's not impossible.

They are usually the supporters that preach about "gear grind sucks", "remove all gears", "pvp should be all about skillzzzzz".

Yet they min/max a twink at 49 so they can play "fairly" against Lv11s.

Nah, based on what I experienced, those are probably the same players who have already long ground out their gear and have the spare cash to bankroll their twinked alts. They probably already have their war hero gear waiting for them at 50 too.

A few weeks ago I met a Vigilance/Defense hybrid lvl 49 Guardian (well, he was running in Soresu and had Unremitting) on Red Eclipse who had 20k HP with an Endurance stim. He also hit like a truck with Master Strike and Overhead Slash and Blade Storm.

The phenomenon is rare in my experience but when it happens, it's absolutely devastating.

Nah, based on what I experienced, those are probably the same players who have already long ground out their gear and have the spare cash to bankroll their twinked alts. They probably already have their war hero gear waiting for them at 50 too.

Negative, I have 4 toons (Sorc/Mara/PT/Operative) with fully AND OPTIMIZED WH. Yet I dont twink, and I have my 3500/2000 at Lv 44. I do have full set WH waiting for me and sitting on 50 million credit, but I never bothered make anything for my sub 50 toons, since they are gonna hit 50 anyways.

I tried to twink my Sin, but decided its utterly stupid and hit 50 on him as well (after twinking for about 2 weeks).

Negative, I have 4 toons (Sorc/Mara/PT/Operative) with fully AND OPTIMIZED WH. Yet I dont twink, and I have my 3500/2000 at Lv 44. I do have full set WH waiting for me and sitting on 50 million credit, but I never bothered make anything for my sub 50 toons, since they are gonna hit 50 anyways.

I tried to twink my Sin, but decided its utterly stupid and hit 50 on him as well (after twinking for about 2 weeks).

Well, it's nice that you didn't, but you can pretty much see how easy and tempting it is for someone with your resources. If anything, it is more likely that people at your level of playing field that can afford to twink like that.

They are usually the supporters that preach about "gear grind sucks", "remove all gears", "pvp should be all about skillzzzzz".

Yet they min/max a twink at 49 so they can play "fairly" against Lv11s.

Actually I'd say more often it trends to be someone who got to 50, got the tar beat out of them, then decided to go back to the 10-49 bracket where things are more "fair" because they aren't dealing with "those leet min/maxed premades that are ruining pvp".

Granted I do tend to put a little time and effort into keeping my alts fairly well geared too, but that generally translates to around 13k-13500, not the 15k+ you see on some beastly 10-49's

I did this while leveling my van when I got annoyed that a single assassin in the other faction kept non-crit assassinating me for more than my railshot crits hit him for. It was an overreaction that, ultimately, I don't feel was worth the hassle. Advantage disappears in a few levels anyway, so you need to do it multiple times (and it takes effing forever to sort out).

Much better to just wear whatever and play the game.

This is actually much easier than it would seem. My Tank Speced Shadow Jedi hit around 19,000 around level 45, all it took was blue-purple quality gear/mods of the appropriate level, smart mod, enhancement, armoring and augment, switching from the GTN. Admittedly I spent some credits, but nothing extravagant, around 100-500k I'd estimate for full augmented and optimized sets. It does take money and some time but nothing out of reach of the general community. Edited by LeonHawkeye

Unlike 50 pvp gear, the 10-49 gear is much easier to get. Especially if you have a cybertech, and want to take the time to make purples. I have seen people augment lower level gear as well. Heck, you can spend a few hours to twink gear from 41+ levels, and be set to run WZs until you hit 50. Lower than that, and it gets really expensive though.

Yeah would say being well geared is acceptable and very very easy to achieve in lowbie, if you're rolling cybertech its so ridiculously cheap to stay in @ level augmented blues, which is enough to probably give you a 20% advantage over the average lowbie player.. its a little overkill to do more tho... players who have augmented purples + stim are a little ridiculous, it doesn't last long and its so expensive to do.. so i wouldnt complain about it. Also just having a lvl 40+ healer on your team is generally going to be a more deciding factor in lowbie than any twink... which is kinda ironic..

However combining healers and twinking is no joke... i tried it at lvl 46 at my operative, and I dont think i ever lost, or ever even got killed... it was hilariously op relative to anything i've ever seen in 50.. was kinda fun while it lasted..

The ability that evens everyone at 49 is a villian in sub 50 PvP. Lower level players that wear purple gear at level that is augmented seem to outmatch level 49's in purple augmented gear to level. My level 23 jedi guardian tank spec that I twinked to level in purps and augmented gear melted through a jug and assasin marking up 2 solo kills in one quick matchup. The jug was 49 and the sin was 47. Later in that WZ I matched up against a mara and sniper and was almost killed when I got my 3rd solo and then some help taking down the mara.

While I will self proclaim to be a very good tank pvper letter alone just pvper I feel I did gain an advantage from my gear and stats being boosted by the lvl 49 buff that is supposed to even things out.

Just a quick relative comparison, ignoring the additions to damage/crit/etc. and just health

average not-worrying about gear playing as they go non-augmented 10-49er: Roughly 12k HP

Fullyaug'd out purple modded 10-49er: 19k HP

Translate this to the level 50 bracket and it is roughly the same as 15K HP going up against 24K, i.e. an even greater gap then would be recruit against full War Hero.

Just a bit of fun for the "50's pvp is terrible I stick with 10-49 where it is fun because it's not about the gear" crowd.

Though not 49, I purple out my toons and level with PvP. It is easy and relatively cheap if you have an artifice, cybertech and biochem. Makes lowbies a lot more enjoyable....

I've said this before...

Bolster helps those who help themselves.

People who think gear has nothing to do with lowbie Pvp are fooling themselves. Those with the best gear will win.

Though not 49, I purple out my toons and level with PvP. It is easy and relatively cheap if you have an artifice, cybertech and biochem. Makes lowbies a lot more enjoyable....

I've said this before...

Bolster helps those who help themselves.

People who think gear has nothing to do with lowbie Pvp are fooling themselves. Those with the best gear will win.

But which is more common, the twink with 16k hp or the wh min/maxed player?

I thought so.

1. Get a lvl-50 friend to rush your class quest (and so getting few exp from NPC kills)

2. Get rewards (gear with no lvl requirement but with power equivalent of the intended level of the quest)

3. Go into WarZone at level 40 with gear with no requirement but equivalent of lvl 48-49 gear

4. Enjoy the bolster system

Edited by Altheran

But which is more common, the twink with 16k hp or the wh min/maxed player?

I thought so.

Yes but the argument then is not one of a gear gap, but one of the application of it. As much as that sounds like semantics at the end of the day it plays true.

Also bear in mind that once you hit the BM v WH phase it isn't that radically different from average geared vs. decent geared (12kish vs. 14kish) which you can see quite often.

All this ignoring the whole talent/ability by level thing