Disney to aquire Lucasfilm!

Etapi

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would derail this topic so far that it may as well be renamed, but he created a huge amount of continuity errors and outright plot-holes especially in reference to the second KotOR, he also basically ignores a lot of things from his own original story in the first game.

Maybe the game's story simply wasn't that good? Not saying it was, not saying it wasn't, but one can't assume the story was as well received as the first, nor unworthy of being Retconn'd like Joan Rivers' face.

I feel like he's capable of telling a great story, but just chose the fast, quick cash path with the Revan novel. In that regard, I agree about losing respect because knowing he can tell a solid story but chooses not to is worse than reading a poorly written book. Out of curiosity, your personal favorite book(s)?

Usually, it's the sourcebooks to be honest, but proper novels? Plagueis is an obvious one, some of the LotF books, Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter is a personal favourite to, but really, my favourite series is the Tales of the jedi.

Speaking generally though, there is more than the movies or Clone Wars.

We know Lucas had scripted out 50 of the projected 100 episodes of the Star Wars TV series. He didn't know where to find the money to produce the series expected to cost millions each.

Disney owns ABC and all of their various TV networks. Disney has the money to make this happen. And Disney is already producing the S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series based of The Avengers and related appearances of AGENT COULSON!

Plus, Disney is a company with.....what I'll simply call "orbs." If there is a mega company that can boss around and strike fear into Electronic Arts, it is Disney. If there is justice in the life, they will buy-out EA, take this game over, and do something with it. They own the darned thing effectively.

Or maybe EA gets bought-out and dismantled by Disney, either is fine with me.

yea,,don´t mess with donald and mickey,,theyll teach u some manners:rak_02:

It's a trap!

Seriously, we are 12 pages into the thread and this was the first any of us thought of this?

We are getting slow people, slow I tell you.

Really I don't care, put Greg Clarke in it, and I'll watch it. How about a droid named Coulson?

Have you been on the renovated Star Tours ride at Disneyland? It's awesome.

yes I have.. well I did the one at Disney World.

Good news this does mean we will get more Star Wars rides.

oooohhh new idea. I wonder if they will build a new section in another park to compete with Harry potter world in Universal?

Maybe the game's story simply wasn't that good? Not saying it was, not saying it wasn't, but one can't assume the story was as well received as the first, nor unworthy of being Retconn'd like Joan Rivers' face.

The Sith Lords is a rare gem made in seven months, that few appreciate, but regardless, the 100% completion light side playthrough as well as what was established as canon in the KotOR Campaign Guide were all C-Canon, then Drew came along and messed a ton of that up, just so he could rush his tie-up loose ends novel so the cash cow plotline could get stuck in and Revan can be put in this game, which wasn't needed at all, but regardless, my point is that I have no faith in Karpyshyn to deal with something as delicate as the Post-Jedi years.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

more likely think of a PIxar Star Wars movie.

im not sure if that would be any better...at least we will finally figure out what that Tauntaun was saying on Hoth or if the Pod Racers really enjoy being Pod Racers....not to mention a fun little number on Naboo featuring a school of gooberfish.

yes I have.. well I did the one at Disney World.

Good news this does mean we will get more Star Wars rides.

oooohhh new idea. I wonder if they will build a new section in another park to compete with Harry potter world in Universal?

If they do, its gonna blow HP out of the water and then take its spot and expand more.

If they do, its gonna blow HP out of the water and then take its spot and expand more.

well what Univesal is doing is building a second Harry Potter land at the Studios Park in orlando. So they have one in Islands of Adventure and one over at the Studios. They are then connecting the two with a Hogwarts Express train so people have to buy the multipark pass.

Now Disney could build a new area in one of it's parks and connect it to MGM studios and do the same thing. Except instead of taking a train you take a "shuttle" that moves you to the other park.

The Sith Lords is a rare gem made in seven months, that few appreciate, but regardless, the 100% completion light side playthrough as well as what was established as canon in the KotOR Campaign Guide were all C-Canon, then Drew came along and messed a ton of that up, just so he could rush his tie-up loose ends novel so the cash cow plotline could get stuck in and Revan can be put in this game, which wasn't needed at all, but regardless, my point is that I have no faith in Karpyshyn to deal with something as delicate as the Post-Jedi years.

Fair enough. I personally didn't like KOTOR II's story, and dislike the cop-out "the Jedi are nearly wiped out" idea. It is like the Yackoziwoosozki....whatever the ALIENS like creatures are in the post ROTJ books. That was an over-the-top creative cop-out in my view, unworthy of the franchise.

I wouldn't mind if they retconned everything after the Heir to the Empire out of existence.

Honestly I'm a bit worried.

The news did get me interested enough to come check out the game that I bought a collector's edition for (almost) no reason it seems.

There's a couple ways I see this going, none very well.

First and best way? Tell the post-war story of minor players. Get Boba Fett in the spotlight.

The not so good? The actors are too old. Leia turned into Jabba in real life, so hopefully no more metal bikinis. Ford said he wont do another SW movie. What does that leave? The stars of the movie are pretty much out of the picture. And if they DID stay, what then? Actors that look horrible botching the hell out of decades of novels.

What really scares me though is what if they followed the trend and made it about a group of teenage Jedi and bounty hunters who join together to fight some ancient sith lord? That sounds like a pretty Disney thing to do, and that's just plain bad.

I love Star Wars. I have for decades. But at the same time unless they jumped ahead let's say 40 years, cut out the original cast and made the focus the Solo's kids I don't see what they could do to make it stay true to SW and make a good movie.

on another note: the "princesses" in star wars really arent

"queen" amidala was elected leader,,,PRESIDENT amidala

leia was a stepdaughter of senator organe,,,,"senators daughter"

but "princess" just sounds better

I find it funny that this is posted on the TOR forums, of all places. TOR, a game where we can actually go to Alderaan and see the workings of the noble houses. The leader of the House in control is called "King" or "Queen." That would make the daughter a princess.

Bail Organa was a member of the House. He was a Senator, yes, but he was also of the royal bloodline. Thus, his adopted daughter was, in fact, a princess.

Regarding Amidala, you're somewhat right. She was elected, but the simple matter is that she was a queen by matter of title. She was granted the title by the people of Naboo as part of their democratic process. That makes her royalty, because the people of Naboo are ruled by a Queen. So, no, she's not a princess. She was a Queen. And, just like former US Presidents, I imagine those who serve as queen retain some of the privileges of rank. So, she's still a noble, so she could fit into a loose definition of princess.

So, it wouldn't at all be a stretch of the lore to include these characters as Disney princesses. However, I'd think the fact that Amidala died in childbirth would put a damper on her inclusion. All the other princesses lived "happily ever after." Amidala lost the will to live. Hardly a role model for the girls, is it?

Fair enough. I personally didn't like KOTOR II's story, and dislike the cop-out "the Jedi are nearly wiped out" idea. It is like the Yackoziwoosozki....whatever the ALIENS like creatures are in the post ROTJ books. That was an over-the-top creative cop-out in my view, unworthy of the franchise.

I wouldn't mind if they retconned everything after the Heir to the Empire out of existence.

To me it was an extremely refreshing new story for Star Wars and made me get into the whole EU stuff, never been one for the fantastical stories like ANH and ROTJ, I'm a much more ESB type fan.

I to am wondering what will happen to the likes of this game as from my own knowledge I think Bioware/EA have to pay Lucasarts for the right to use the Star Wars brand. George Lucas also claims to think Disney won't hurt his franchise, even though they are planning to release a seventh film to the series.

Ironically I just came from Disney World and really enjoyed all the star wars tie ins they do. They really have worked with the brand well. The new Star Tours ride was awesome. I little Disney magic mixed some creative directiving of Lucus can only be a good think IMO.

I'm excited and curious to see where this goes.