Resolve Bar gets CLEAR too quickly

robotkar

It's clear from BWs actions historically that they want us cced for a majority of the fight.

They set the system up to clearly do this, and honestly if or when I unsubscribe it'll mostly be due to either this or everyone I enjoy playing with left. Very poor design choices, but they're intentional. its far worse post 1.4 as everyone just seems to spam stuns and cc as soon as they're up and in range. Throw in the ridiculous bubble stun now and somehow the team has nearly repeated history from stungard daoc days.

Edited by Mercbenz

there should be like 20 seconds of immunity after the 2nd CC. Right now the whole Warzone gameplay is CC fest.

I agree that now, with the resolve bar taking so long to fill, that assuming you survive the stun the imminity should have a longer duration.

I noticed in Huttball a few days ago, my resolve bar reducing from full before I had even come out of a stun. So was I stunned with a full resolve bar, or was the duration of the filled bar shorter than the stun? I,ve never noticed it before, but I will be paying more attention from now on.

3 ccs to fill a bar is retarded, used to be 2 ccs filled it and that was fine. Either revert back to 2 ccs or cut the break free by half its time.

I think that is more of the problem, right there. 2 filling it up gives someone a chance and yet still the decision on if they are going to burn their breaker at 1. Not all of the time does it happen that it takes 3 but it should never happen. Now if someone is dumb enough to use their CC breaker on a root or snare, that is their problem. That should stay not counted as you can still act and fire off abilities. Interrupts should also not count. Simply mez and stun; every one of them should fill up at least half a resolve bar. Knock back and pulls should probably be pretty close to the stun and mezz stuff as well, more than likely.

Along with that, have the CC breaker cool down clear on death. Then we still have effective stuns/mezzs and people still have a chance.

Edited by Technohic

Along with that, have the CC breaker cool down clear on death. Then we still have effective stuns/mezzs and people still have a chance.

part of what's comical about the current system is that your resolve resets when your die (effectively or literally - it doesn't change the practical reality). yet the breaker is still on its 2m cd (untalented should be same for all classes?).

the problem with this should be patently obvious: you suffer the plethora of stuns but do not receive the compensation for doing so that the resolve system is *supposed* to provide.

I do think resolve fills too slowly, but even if it were to remain the same and I were thinking in-line with the theory of the resolve mechanic in the first place, the system fails to compensate the player who 'pays his dues' by eating X number of stuns.

as for a 20s full resolve running a ball from spawn to endzone: so what? you can't burn one carrier over the course of that distance plus 3 stuns? either you're doing it wrong (perhaps pointing your gun barrel in the wrong direction?) or your team is simply overmatched. the fact of the matter is that for someone to be full resolve in the current system, he has to have *survived* 3 stuns. if he can make it from mid to endzone despite all those stuns, your team's dps (or lack thereof) and waiting for fires, then hasn't he (and his team) earned that score?

I am of the opinion that the resolve system would work much better if the bar only drained AFTER the stuns wear off.

It makes no sense to accrue 800 resolve on an 8 second stun, then have more than half of it gone before you can act.

The best players/teams dont even bother to kill people, they simply use the resolve system to turn everyone into statues all match. 8 sec stun, resolve drains to 400 before it breaks, follow with 4 sec stun, and they still arent white barred. Guess whats coming? yep. another stun.

If resolve would wait until all stuns wear off to drain, the actual immunity to stuns might be more noticeable. Especially now in the era of "smart" stuns with the recent changes, its even harder to max your resolve bar before stunlock death.

The best players/teams dont even bother to kill people, they simply use the resolve system to turn everyone into statues all match. 8 sec stun, resolve drains to 400 before it breaks, follow with 4 sec stun, and they still arent white barred. Guess whats coming? yep. another stun.

How many stuns the player in your example have? 8 sec stuns break on dmg, and why is his 4 sec stun off cooldown already? Where is the CC breaker? How does one team keep all 8 players on the other team stunned all match?

Your WZs are very different than mine... is this on the 1.5 PTS?

I am of the opinion that the resolve system would work much better if the bar only drained AFTER the stuns wear off.

It makes no sense to accrue 800 resolve on an 8 second stun, then have more than half of it gone before you can act.

If resolve would wait until all stuns wear off to drain, the actual immunity to stuns might be more noticeable. Especially now in the era of "smart" stuns with the recent changes, its even harder to max your resolve bar before stunlock death.

Cool, another thread where no body understands how resolve works:

- Hard Stun (doesn't break on damage) = 200 resolve per second stunned.

- Mezz (breaks on damage) = 100 resolve per second stunned.

- Full Resolve (white bar) occurs at 1000 resolve.

- Abilities that hit or exceed that threshold will award an additional 50% resolve.

- Resolve drains at a rate of 25 resolve per second while NOT IMMUNE from CC (purple bar).

- Resolve drains at a rate of 100 resolve per second while IMMUNE form CC (white bar).

Now that we have that out of the way let's go over your hypothetical situation.

Here I am rolling along on my awesome Assault Vanguard, FOTM-Reroll, with 0 resolve. I get hit with Whirlwind, an 8-sec mezz. (there are no 8 sec. stuns). I am awarded 800 resolve whether I break it or not (but we all know we save our breaker until we are white barred). Also worth noting here that if this is a talented Whirlwind and has the extra 2 sec stun after damage I will be white barred once it's broken by damage. During this 8-secs that can be broken on damage my resolve will drain from 800 to 600 (I don't believe it drains until after the controlling effect but for arguments sake let's say it does).

Okay, I'm done spinning around in that stupid cloud and I get stabbed by an Operative (who need to be nerfed BTW) hard stunning me for 4 seconds. I am awarded 800 resolve for this. Now with my current 600 that puts me at 1400 plus the extra 50% from the hard stun I am now 1800 resolve. This is well above the 1000 point threshold. Now with the changes in 1.4

When a player becomes immune to control due to Resolve, his Resolve meter will not start decaying until after all the current controlling effects expire (instead of decaying immediately after the immunity begins).

I will be awarded this resolve at the outset of the stun so if I break it right away I will have 18 seconds of CC immunity (or 20 seconds since I'm still pretty sure your resolve wouldn't have drain until after that Whirlwind would have ended ). Now with full resolve it definitely won't be draining until the last stun is over.

Now here comes the tricky part, the 1.4 changes. If those 2 abilities had overlapped, meaning I was still under the effect of one when hit with the other, things would work out slightly different. I would have to test this myself to make sure but this is how it should work in a couple of different situations:

Overlapping hard stuns 1: Stun 1 > 3 secs > Stun 2 = 7 seconds hard stunned = 7 * 200 = 1400 + bonus 400 = 1800 resolve, CC immune.

Overlapping hard stuns 2: Stun 1 > 1 sec > Stun 2 = 5 seconds hard stunned = 5 * 200 = 1000 + bonus 400 = 1400 resolve, CC immune.

Overlapping hard stuns 3: Stun 1 > 0 secs > Stun 2 = 4 seconds hard stunned = 7 * 200 = 800 resolve, not CC immune.

Hard Stuns: Stun 1 > 24 secs > Stun 2 = 8 out of 32 seconds stunned = 799 resolve, not CC immune. Remember that drain rate.

2 mezzes will almost always give you full resolve unless cast within 2 seconds of each other.

I'm not sure how and overlapping mezz and stun would assign resolve, would it take the 100 per sec form the mezz or the 200 per sec of the stun. I'm leaning towards 200 but I will test to make sure. I'm also not sure if this takes fractions of seconds stunned into account. I won't test that because I'm nt sitting at my computer with a stop watch: D

Hope this helps everyone to better understand resolve!