Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Cartel Market Video Walkthrough

apocolyptos

Just finished up a video walkthrough for the entirety of the Cartel Market! I also show some of the items you can get; such as the pink-purple color crystal, new pets, and Carbonite Chamber. Feel free to ask any questions in this thread or in the comments section of the video. Enjoy! =D

You can find the video at this link:

[uPDATE]

I finished up a second video in order to cover some of the things I missed in the first! You can find it here:

-Zen

Edited by apocolyptos
Added additional video

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You were smart, sir, to foresee this. BW just loves pissing off their players.

Unfortunately =( There are still quite a few things in the store that upset me, like having to buy the ability to hide your helm... I'm going to sub anyways so it won't effect me, but it pains me to think that all of my F2P friends will be limited on something so silly.

I don't know why people should be upset about the cartel having a bunch of legacy options available - you actually got them a LOT cheaper, since others have to pay cartel coins to unlock that stuff and cartel coins cost money

I think it's a smart move by Bioware - cosmetic options you either pay for or can unlock through gameplay :)

Nice video and I have to agree with you about the appearance and titles available for everyone. Also the cartel packs are a lot like Star Trek Online’s lockboxes, just pay real life money and hope to get the items you want which have very low odds on getting.

Unless they're going to raise the cartel coin price for them *MUCH* higher, I want the credits I spent on my rocket boots back. :(

You had the advantage of having them this entire time. You don't get a refund. Asking for one is just...stupid.

Thanks for posting this. Very informative.

I actually like what bioware is doing here. I think the free players have a lot of options and hopefully this drives the sub numbers up in the long run. Regardless, even if they don't sub, more players is better.

I think the market is a good start and everything looks fine...except the hide head slot option.

A UI option should not be a cartel purchase. That's not right. Hopefully they back that out.

Thanks for posting this. Very informative.

I actually like what bioware is doing here. I think the free players have a lot of options and hopefully this drives the sub numbers up in the long run. Regardless, even if they don't sub, more players is better.

I think the market is a good start and everything looks fine...except the hide head slot option.

A UI option should not be a cartel purchase. That's not right. Hopefully they back that out.

I agree, some of those things should just be natural features of the game--not things you have to purchase. It actually reminds me of the game DLC Quest, which allows you to purchase the option to "walk left"....with in-game currency of course =P

Thanks for the video, but you scrolled over some things too fast. It would have been even better had you gone through all the clothing styles, and did a preview of them on your character.

Thanks for the feedback! My thoughts were that most of them are already in-game though. But you are right, I should have showed them all =)

Thanks for the video, really explained everything I needed to know :)

You've actually turned me to the dark side as I've seen a few things I would like and I wasn't going to buy anything before lol. The carbonite chamber is a must have :)

Edited by Cordelia

Thanks for the video, really explained everything I needed to know :)

You've actually turned me to the dark side as I've seen a few things I would like and I wasn't going to buy anything before lol. The carbonite chamber is a must have :)

RIGHT!?!?!? ...and people wanted the dumb party jawa, pfft!

Thanks for the video, but you scrolled over some things too fast. It would have been even better had you gone through all the clothing styles, and did a preview of them on your character.

The preview is bugged and nearly useless right now when it comes to armour, it's so dark you can barely see it.

I have 1 question. Are the coins account wide or does each toon have x amount? If i buy something while on my trooper for my Jedi can I claim it with my Jedi?

Also are those armor SETS low level stuff? Sub lvl 25? Cause I can get level 30 in one weekend.

Ok 2 questions...

Edited by ZORG

Great walk-thru. Thanks.

I agree with you on the items that should not be locked for F2P. I also agree that I would like an alternate way of getting the big goodies from the packs. 5-8 bucks for a 0.006% chance at one of those is major bull. They should do it more like Champions Online, where you pay a lot less for a pack and get the chance, but you can pay more for the specific item that you want. I hate "if you're lucky" boxes.

:cool:

I have 1 question. Are the coins account wide or does each toon have x amount? If i buy something while on my trooper for my Jedi can I claim it with my Jedi?

Also are those armor SETS low level stuff? Sub lvl 25? Cause I can get level 30 in one weekend.

Ok 2 questions...

Coins are account wide, and I'm pretty sure those armor sets are adaptive--you should be able to pull the mods that come with it out, and then suddenly they are level 1.

Great walk-thru. Thanks.

I agree with you on the items that should not be locked for F2P. I also agree that I would like an alternate way of getting the big goodies from the packs. 5-8 bucks for a 0.006% chance at one of those is major bull. They should do it more like Champions Online, where you pay a lot less for a pack and get the chance, but you can pay more for the specific item that you want. I hate "if you're lucky" boxes.

:cool:

I really don't like the "luck" boxes >.< Especially when dealing with real money

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.