Gamestop ORDERED Not To Sale SWTOR

Thamelas

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People, People, People!

Gamestop is for console games, and console games only!

YEs they still sell pc games, but there is still blockbuster's out there... But when was the last time you rented from Blockbuster.. lol (Yes some crazies still do) I dont know of anyplace in America where you pay per MB other then cell phone isp.

The world evolves, The way things were done when our parents did it will be a really inefficient way to do things as we do it, and totally extinct when our children do it.

Please always buy from online. Its a digital copy so you will never have to worry about finding the Install DvD, in 5 years when you want to poke around with SWTOR or other games :D

Please, from here on out, Always buy from online. :D

And if you dont... then dont come to use complaining about it... Its like writing a bad review about blockbuster on the netflix forum.

Edited by Dawning_Enmity

That's because Gamestop is the most EVIL corporation in gaming. They treat their customers, and employees like ****. They have hedonist parties at their conference every year in Vegas. They're shady and are trying to addict kids to violent CONSOLE games. They are sellouts to IGN, Microsoft and a few magazine companies. **** GAMESTOP. Pre-order DIRECTLY FROM THE PUBLISHER, ie. Origin, or DD.

This is a PC game.. this is NOT a console game.. Gamestop is NOT going to stay open for 2 people to come in and pick up pre-orders on a PC title.. Its NEVER going to happen. Gamestop caters to CONSOLES not PC games. It's not even worth the pay rate of an employee to stay open.

While this is a huge launch, gamestop does not see the value in a midnight opening.

You should have pre-ordered the game or did the digital copy. I got my copy overnight from Gamestop 3 days ago. CE has been in my hands for a few days now.

Newsflash they can and do quite a bit. I know I bought Aion (yea waste of cash) at a midnight sale specifically for it. Cataclysm also had a midnight sale. And I might add when I went to go get Cataclysm that night that store was LOADED with a good 50 or so people and more were coming by droves.

That's because Gamestop is the most EVIL corporation in gaming. They treat their customers, and employees like ****. They have hedonist parties at their conference every year in Vegas. They're shady and are trying to addict kids to violent CONSOLE games. They are sellouts to IGN, Microsoft and a few magazine companies. **** GAMESTOP. Pre-order DIRECTLY FROM THE PUBLISHER, ie. Origin, or DD.

News flash every company does this, Gamestop just happens to take the brunt of it.

This is a PC game.. this is NOT a console game.. Gamestop is NOT going to stay open for 2 people to come in and pick up pre-orders on a PC title.. Its NEVER going to happen. Gamestop caters to CONSOLES not PC games. It's not even worth the pay rate of an employee to stay open.

While this is a huge launch, gamestop does not see the value in a midnight opening.

You should have pre-ordered the game or did the digital copy. I got my copy overnight from Gamestop 3 days ago. CE has been in my hands for a few days now.

i have to agree with this one, dead island, Skyrim, MW3 i all bought for PC from gamestop and showed up at midnight and out of the 50+ people i was the only one there for the pc version

Because of the amazing experience with Amazon on this game it has my loyal business henceforth and foorsooth forevermore.

I ordered my CE late, something like 12/14 and had it with 0 charge for shipping (ok 99 cents) on 12/16 by noon.....

It just does not get any better than that , they are like the Nordies of the game world

Bye bye Gamestop and Bestbuy for game ordering!!

Actually, the GS near where I live is doing a midnight release.

Never pre order from Gamestop it's a complete waste of time and money. I very rarely step foot in one but if I do it never fails, at least two employees will hound the **** out of me to pre order the next big video game.

It's almost impossible that a game you want will be completely sold out on release day anyway.

As others have said Gamestop is all about the consoles anyway. As a primarily pc gamer I don't have much use for them. Last time I went I simply did to trade in old 360 games I had to get credit and buy mmo pre paid cards lol.

While I do not see Gamestop as the end-all-be-all of evil corporate gaming retail, I do believe they're morons when it comes to how to handle the gaming business.

Still, I pre-ordered a physical copy from a store near me. Am I in line to get the game now? Nope. Too broke to get it at this precise moment.

Will I be unable to play the game?

Nope. I have 2 days of grace period before I HAVE to pick up my copy and enter my product key. Isn't that a lovely little feature that BioWare/EA was able to give us so we could conveniently play TOR?

P.S. If you've been playing the EGA for the last week or so and you're just now pissin and moanin about not being able to be a complete nerd and pick up a physical copy that is not necessary for another 48 hours then you have some massive priority adjustments necessary in your life.

Here's where the focus should be:

- TOR is finally releasing and we'll ALL be able to play in about 20 minutes!!

- We can still play for the next 48 hours for "free" isn't that sweet??

Why, oh why, do people still buy games at Gamestop? I bought my Collector's Edition AND a regular copy for someone else from Amazon and got them three days ago on the 16th. But that's not the reason to stop going to Gamestop. They take stuff out of their games when their company doesn't agree to the content. Special codes and such MIGHT not be in there when you guy it? I mean, really, isn't Gamestop more for teenager because they don't have credit cards? Seriously... get away from Gamestop, Amazon.com kills all others when it comes to service, you not getting your game on time is your own fault for a poor decision.

Ok for the record... I worked for Game Stop ((Babbages, Funco, Planet Games, Software Etc, and EB)yes they are all the same company, and now are under one tittle for the most part) for 9 years... as time as gone on they moved from PC games being the for front of their sales to console games. HOWEVER, this is a corporation... They do not cater to one console or PC they cater to the almighty currency of the realm. If pre-orders are enough they have a midnight release at THAT store, if they do not then.... sorry next normal day.

hope that clears up some of the muddy waters... it's pure and simple about dollars and cents, as to whether they stay open or not for a midnight release. Think about how you would do it if it was YOUR company and you had to make overhead, pay, what ever bills may come and such. If it was not profitable for you to stay open, pretty simple decision... you wouldn't.

Edited by Ssnow

What does being a PC game have to do with it? Gamestop it a video game store not a console game store. Agreed they do carry more console titles than PC titles but so does every other retailer out there. That and I do remember midnight launches for Wrath and Cata for WoW at Gamestop.

Incidentally I'm gonna call shenanigans on this thread. Because having talked to the local store where I pre-ordered mine they will be open at midnight. If the OP's store isn't going to be open that is a local decision.

Newsflash they can and do quite a bit. I know I bought Aion (yea waste of cash) at a midnight sale specifically for it. Cataclysm also had a midnight sale. And I might add when I went to go get Cataclysm that night that store was LOADED with a good 50 or so people and more were coming by droves.

Actually Halo 3: ODST came out that day. They were really doing a midnight release for that and they just happened to have Aion released on the same day so they could sell it to ya then.

Whether or not your Gamestop stays open for the midnight release of this game depends entirely on whether or not that location got enough pre-orders to justify it. It's that simple. It costs them extra money to have employees stay late, and if a lot of people pre-ordered it, that's fine; it encourages customer loyalty. If only a couple of people pre-ordered at that location, they aren't going to stay open for them, unfortunately.

If you did pre-order it, hopefully you have already downloaded the client, and put in your pre-order code. You have until the 22nd to have your actual boxed copy, and can play just like anyone else. If you didn't pre-order it, go find a 24 hour Wal-mart and buy it there, if you must have it tonight.

Most of you are missing the problem. Because of online sales this game is not selling enough to warrant paying sales people and mall security for a half dozen people that want to pick their copy up at midnight.

Add the fact that because of the grace period there is absolutely no need to have a physical copy at midnight.

Play the game tonight, when you need to make a Mountain Dew run at 8:00 in the morning tomorrow swing passed Gamestop and pick up the disk. After that do yourself a favor and never buy another game from them again. They are great for console and used games, but between them and Best Buy they screw up every single MMO launch.

People, People, People!

Gamestop is for console games, and console games only!

YEs they still sell pc games, but there is still blockbuster's out there... But when was the last time you rented from Blockbuster.. lol (Yes some crazies still do) I dont know of anyplace in America where you pay per MB other then cell phone isp.

The world evolves, The way things were done when our parents did it will be a really inefficient way to do things as we do it, and totally extinct when our children do it.

Please always buy from online. Its a digital copy so you will never have to worry about finding the Install DvD, in 5 years when you want to poke around with SWTOR or other games :D

Please, from here on out, Always buy from online. :D

And if you dont... then dont come to use complaining about it... Its like writing a bad review about blockbuster on the netflix forum.

I bought a CE, sadly the key is in the box with the figurine. I will be using the figurine to punch when server are down! =)

for this reason the digital download isnt going to fix the problem. The game has been installed for a month. I just dont have my product key.

Perhap the publishers should just sell the keys, fluffs like Collector Edition should be something all of it own. Because, the 48 hours is not going to be enough for me.

I bought a CE, sadly the key is in the box with the figurine. I will be using the figurine to punch when server are down! =)

for this reason the digital download isnt going to fix the problem. The game has been installed for a month. I just dont have my product key.

Perhap the publishers should just sell the keys, fluffs like Collector Edition should be something all of it own. Because, the 48 hours is not going to be enough for me.

Well, I think you can live without your CE toys for a little while, bro. Didn't you put your pre-order code into the website to get early access?

I was a little surprised when I drove past my local Gamestop today, they have nothing but console crap in the window. Zero about SWTOR.

I'm guessing they are not pushing the game because of the relationship SWTOR had with Origin. Sadly, it appears that Gamestop may have forgotten that its not the relationships with game companies that drives their success but their customers, and this time around, they may not be thinking of us first.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.