Theory on how much cartel coins will be worth

Eszi

So, the theory is that 10 coins will equal 1 dollar, here's why:

We get 150 coins for each month we subbed, sub costs about 15$

After August, we get 200 coins per month, so that would be a 5$ bonus for playing a bugged game

250 coins for digital deluxe, which was about 25$ more expensive than standard

1k coins for CE, which was about 100$ more expensive than standard

Edited by Eszi

i disagree, i think it will be more like 30-40 coins = $1

most other f2p mmos (in perticular lotro and ddo) give a stipend of around $5 coins per month per $15 sub. i would think they would follow the same idea. but we will see, id love to see 10 coins per $1, that means my 1050 coming to me is worth 100 bucks, but i seriously doubt it.

i disagree, i think it will be more like 30-40 coins = $1

most other f2p mmos (in perticular lotro and ddo) give a stipend of around $5 coins per month per $15 sub. i would think they would follow the same idea. but we will see, id love to see 10 coins per $1, that means my 1050 coming to me is worth 100 bucks, but i seriously doubt it.

As I mentioned, this is just a theory :)

Whoops I ment.

1 penny=1 CC.

I think this is what it's going to be. Just from looking at the bonus coins, I can't see it being much higher, that would top the bonus out at around $25, right? But then that means subscribers would only get $2 a month in cartel coins.

I think this is what it's going to be. Just from looking at the bonus coins, I can't see it being much higher, that would top the bonus out at around $25, right? But then that means subscribers would only get $2 a month in cartel coins.

As a sub you really wouldn't need that 2$ for anything save for any Armour or companion one might think is cool.

As a sub you really wouldn't need that 2$ for anything save for any Armour or companion one might think is cool.

Well, it looks like they're going to be offering a lot of vanity items, so if they drop enough coin a month, I might grab some of those. I'm also hoping that if they offer paid transfers in the future we will be able to pay in cartel coins. I might not want to pay real cash for some of my toons to come home, but if I already have the coins laying around...

My concern is that this will be the ONLY way to get new "cool" stuff going forward. I'm fearful that all new gear looks will be primarily store bought vs. in-game rewards.

Yeah, if I had to put money on it (no pun intended), I'd bet that CC's would be a penny apiece.

It's just easier to do the math that way.

Microsoft is the only one I know of that doesn't do a simple ratio like that and you know what a mess that is.

In their case, it's most likely to make you feel like things are cheaper than they really are in an effort to get you to spend more easily.

Yeah, if I had to put money on it (no pun intended), I'd bet that CC's would be a penny apiece.

It's just easier to do the math that way.

Microsoft is the only one I know of that doesn't do a simple ratio like that and you know what a mess that is.

In their case, it's most likely to make you feel like things are cheaper than they really are in an effort to get you to spend more easily.

I don't think PerfectWorld does a penny a point. That's why the conversion with Cryptic Coins to Zen was a mess.

My concern is that this will be the ONLY way to get new "cool" stuff going forward. I'm fearful that all new gear looks will be primarily store bought vs. in-game rewards.
It's a valid concern, but it's also likely to be true.

While you'll probably still get the most powerful stuff in-game, the "cool" looking stuff will very probably come through the marketplace.

On the other hand, there's also sure to be a bunch of stuff for sale that makes you ask who in their right mind would possibly want it.

I still think we'll get the ugly armor that we're used to with hulkly looking shoulders in-game. But will have to pay for the more toned down, cool, yet practical gear.

The true value is going top be relative. Products that subbers won't be interested in (i.e. unlocks, weekly passes, etc.) will be monetized in a different fashion then "fluff" items who would likely be the equivalent of a higher then expected cash total.

So for a F2Per $10 worth of cartel coins would likely be of more personal value then $10 worth of coins for a subber .

Because of this the literal equivalent of X dollars to Y coins means less than an actual item cost list for figuring out how much it'll be worth to you.

My guess is $1 = 40 CC. No way are we getting $20 worth of CC per month right now (200CC).

Agreed, but even that is high. Would EA really give us back $5 on a $15 subscription? I seriously doubt it. Maybe half of that, i.e. $1 = 80 CC.

Even this may be too generous. These are the folks that were pushing a dollar to reload your weapon!

Edited by arunav

• 2 weeks later...
Btw guys when F2P hits subs will recieve 500 coins per month so the theory that $1 = 100c is hopefully what it will be meaning we get 5 dollars off are sub every month to spend on goodies in the market

This one is most likely atm