It's been fun...

DarthKhaos

Well what can I say EGA has ended early, and until I manage to get paypal to accept money from my country, get a credit card (That's IF EA would accept it from down here) or game cards become available in my country I can't even enjoy my free month that came with the game.

~sigh~

Did they REALLY have to end EGA 4 hours early? I know most people were looking to avoid the queues by staying in game. Best of luck to those who's going to be playing on launch day and shortly after that.

Caribbean Baby...

Well what can I say EGA has ended early, and until I manage to get paypal to accept money from my country, get a credit card (That's IF EA would accept it from down here) or game cards become available in my country I can't even enjoy my free month that came with the game.

~sigh~

Did they REALLY have to end EGA 4 hours early? I know most people were looking to avoid the queues by staying in game. Best of luck to those who's going to be playing on launch day and shortly after that.

Caribbean Baby...

I do not understand your post, if you entered the key from your game the free month is included.....you should be aces.

I do not understand your post, if you entered the key from your game the free month is included.....you should be aces.

I don't think that is the case. You need to enter your Reg code, AND setup your monthly subscription for your free month to take effect.

You need to setup a subscription before your first month is activated. You need to enter a valid credit card or buy 30 days of game time at launch (60 days total).

he said he cant use Pay Pal to fund the games $14.99 monthly, and they wont accept his credit card, so he cant register his game. You MUST use a valid credit card, or use a game time card, which he doesn’t have, so yes, his game is kind of useless at the moment.

I don't think that is the case. You need to enter your Reg code, AND setup your monthly subscription for your free month to take effect.

Not true. I just checked mine, and I have 29 days beginning at midnight tonight and haven't set up any type of sub.

You have 29 days of play time starting 12.20.2011. You must sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code before you can play. If you sign up for a recurring subscription, you will be billed automatically at the end of your current remaining play time.

you DO NOT need to add to your subscription after grace period ends, unless you cant read it says right there that you will need to add time before your 30 days ends not before you receive them.

Most of the emo's (not the OP) on these forums can't read, sad but true story.

I'm just going by what was said on the My Account page:

If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access. However, in order to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ at the official launch of the game on December 20, 2011, 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01 CET), you must first answer a series of security questions and provide your contact information. Then you must redeem a Product Registration Code that came with the game, and either subscribe to the game or redeem a Game Time Code. Follow the steps outlined below!

I may have missed the post concerning 2 days grace period mainly because since I got my EGA I really haven't been on the forums.

Most of the emo's (not the OP) on these forums can't read, sad but true story.

No.. most of us can read prefectly well actualy:

Finally, don't forget that after tonight's downtime, you are entering a 'grace period' in which you will need to enter your final product registration code (AKA 'game code') from your copy of the game (or your email from Origin), along with your preferred payment method, to activate your 30 days of game time.

See.. right there, from the Dev's own post, their implying that you MUST enter in a prefered payment method befor your 30 days will activate. So yea.. What their 'saying', and what might actualy happen may be 2 different things.

But yes, those of us on the forums you seem to think cant read, do infact read.. you just dont happen to read the same things we do :rolleyes:

Whether or not we'll need to actualy enter in any CC infor befor those 30 days actualy start ticking away we'll just have to wait and see to be honest. Some of the last MMO's to come out require you to enter in payment infor durring the registration process.. so your 'forced' to enter in payment methods, others dont. Im not sure (been a while since i registered heh) if TOR's account page forced you to do so or not.

Edited by Arialyn

The wording is kind of off but what I believe it means is that I have to enter payment information before my 29 days are up or I cant play.

You have 29 days of play time starting 12.20.2011. You must sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code before you can play. If you sign up for a recurring subscription, you will be billed automatically at the end of your current remaining play time.

Yeah, as everyone here will find out in an hour, you need to have some kind of recurring payment system set up before the free month activates. Which I think is ********.

Hope I'm wrong.

Your free month doesn't activate until you put in your retail CD key, and we have a two day extension of EGA, therefore, technically you could wait until the 22nd to enter your retail CD key and then setup your account with a form of reoccurring payment, as your 30 days will start at that time, not in an hour.

That's how I see it. Plus as for setting it up, you probably only need $1 in your account to verify it's a valid credit card. I doubt they would put a temp hold on $14.99 seeing as you have 30 days before that's due.

The wording is kind of off but what I believe it means is that I have to enter payment information before my 29 days are up or I cant play.

This seems mostly correct.

I would clarify you can wait until 12/22 to put in your retail code and then you have to put in a form of payment, also your 30 days free starts then, including that day.

"you must redeem a Product Registration Code that came with the game, and either subscribe to the game OR redeem a Game Time Code."

This...

You need one of the two scenarios:

Game Code AND valid Credit card

OR

Game Code AND Game Card.

Without one of the above, You'll only have 2 days (the grace period) to play.