Why Imperial?!

jawxin

Why are people wanting to play the bad guys in this game? A lot of other mmos (and I would venture to say SW fans) would wanna be Republic because they're the good guys. I would actually think most people would wanna be on the Republic side with Dark Side points to look cool. But why all the Imperials? What's the draw?

that fact that on my sith warrior i can make a threat and not be said to be bluffing to have imperial troops call my lord to feel the power of authority the strength and the power. The Sith almost all ways win .. The republic will fall They will bend to my will I soon shall make my endevour to kill darth baras and take my rightful place for now... soon i will be at the RIGHT HAND OF MALGUS HIMSELF!

Honestly, when you watched the original Star Wars movies, which faction wowed you first? In the first scene of the movie the Imperials stomp some rebel butt and then Darth Vader walks on to the ship like a pimp. You're telling me you thought the other guys were cooler? :cool:

You get a freaking SLAVE as your companion.

You get to torture people.

You get to be evil.

You get to cut a dude's head off.

You get to be rude and get rewarded for it.

You get to use a shock collar on people.

Oh, did I mention, you get a freaking SLAVE!

^^^^^^^^^^^^

That.......and I repeat.... UNLIMITED POWWWWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

empire players arent bad as republic players arent good,but personly i think the republics the bad guys since there corrupt

^This

I'm playing an Imperial but that doesn't mean that my dude is bad or evil I picked a class on the Imperial side because I thought the story would be interesting and was I right.

I always pick 'the bad guys' (even tho the Horde in WoW wasn't really 'evil'):

first of, Sith are just way 'cool'

2nd: i'm good irl all the time, gaming evil is a nice break

3rd: where do you get the idea that most people would pick the good side in other games? (rhetorical, no reply expected)

Incedently, I play both sides, but i have more on the Sith

Edited by voidpresence

I am not a good guy.

"A lot of other mmos (and I would venture to say SW fans) would wanna be Republic because they're the good guys." Meaning you, and the other people in your republic guild?

The main reason I play on the *usually* unpopular side is you get a lot less ******s, and people who are much more tolerable and mature. People who probably dont make threads like this one.