Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

So friends are not allowed to play in reg warzones together? got it.

Constantly doing the same reply - no matter which forum user does it - doiesn't make it more right.

But that's also true for accuusations.

Right now we're in a state of not-moving-at-all, because BOTH sides say the EXACT same arguments towards the other side over and over again.

It's like a wheel, turning over and over again.

No-one of both sides is interested in developing something else anymore. It's as if both sides were facing the same wall made up of echo stones.

I do wonder whether an radical change of thought could move something here - but this had to be SO radical that very likely BOTH sides would outright call it nonsense.

It reminds me of the situation between Dwarves & Trolls in Terry Pratchett's novel "Thud!"

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do wonder whether an radical change of thought could move something here - but this had to be SO radical that very likely BOTH sides would outright call it nonsense.

"

You don't need to do anything radical - cross faction as well as introducing a true solo queue for regs. It's a no-brainer really ...

You don't need to do anything radical - cross faction as well as introducing a true solo queue for regs. It's a no-brainer really ...

Both of those changes are fairly radical and have their own pros and cons. If you can't see that, then I understand why you keep blindly advocating for these changes to be made.

Both of those changes are fairly radical and have their own pros and cons. If you can't see that, then I understand why you keep blindly advocating for these changes to be made.

What's radical about making queue synching harder ?

Well, there are a few ways that I can think to go about this issue.

1. Remove the ability to queue as a group for regular warzones to coincide with the limitation in solo ranked. Though doesn't really prevent queue syncing.

2. Match premades with other premades, a good fix though the game's population doesn't really allow for it.

3. Add some sort of voice chat system, be it embedded or a third party integration such as curse voice which works well in the game Smite by putting folks in a specific match into a private voice chat room of sorts. An effective fix, though arguable and perhaps tedious to add in.

If the voice chat system grabs enough attention, virtually every team will be a premade of sorts. So it will be even ground.

4. Add some sort of pug finder system that allows a party leader to make a listing with a title, Warzone group as an example, and allow people to ask to join this party in the way of a wait list; in which the party leader will choose who to invite.

This way folks have an easy and organized way to group for specific things and may have their own voice chat to use.

Sure you can do this in chat, though it is far from being easy and organized; in which having a dedicated system would be better.

Not only good for pvp, but good for anything group finding related. To be honest, it would probably be better than queues in general.

(Most people probably know where this idea came from.)

Edited by Turbinex

1. Remove the ability to queue as a group for regular warzones to coincide with the limitation in solo ranked. Though doesn't really prevent queue syncing.

This is probably the easiest and best solution, but one needs to put 8-man ranked back in and also introduce cross-faction for the solo queues to prevent queue synching.

What's radical about making queue synching harder ?

Clearly you've never retained anything you've ever read in this thread. I'm disappointed in myself for even responding to your post. There are so many problems with a solo queue and they have been detailed completely over thousands of posts (in fact multiple posts as we've hit the post limit multiple times and had it restarted). I've also explained to you in previous posts why players are against same faction queueing. If there is no consensus among the population, then how can you say these are no-brainer questions? Because they're what YOU want in the game, but you aren't every player.

2. Match premades with other premades, a good fix though the game's population doesn't really allow for it.

4. Add some sort of pug finder system that allows a party leader to make a listing with a title, Warzone group as an example, and allow people to ask to join this party in the way of a wait list; in which the party leader will choose who to invite.

(Most people probably know where this idea came from.)

I solo que and premade equal amounts, and come up against premades often as well. I just like to play the game so I don't care if this issue gets fixed or not, but option 2 would be the best solution IMO it would make for the best quality games. Like you said the population won't allow it, but maybe they could make it so SWTOR would ATTEMPT to match you with another premade and against two other premades. If it couldnt find that many groups it would then try and put you against one other premade and fill the remaining 8 slots with pugs.

The 3rd option I would love, I liked OQueue and the OQueue like system Blizzard put in. It is a great way to find people and have a winning team. It creates a highly toxic environment in my opinion.

Clearly you've never retained anything you've ever read in this thread. I'm disappointed in myself for even responding to your post. There are so many problems with a solo queue and they have been detailed completely over thousands of posts (in fact multiple posts as we've hit the post limit multiple times and had it restarted). I've also explained to you in previous posts why players are against same faction queueing. If there is no consensus among the population, then how can you say these are no-brainer questions? Because they're what YOU want in the game, but you aren't every player.

Every argument for retaining premade vs. PuG can be attributed to the premade losers' wish to retain their ezmode. Same argument as for the queue synchers in solo ranked. And, yes it is a no-brainer that it negatively affects the number of people PvPing and should be changed.

The question is not if something needs to be changed, the question is what and how it should be changed.

Edited by Bobbafatter

Every argument for retaining premade vs. PuG can be attributed to the premade losers' wish to retain their ezmode. Same argument as for the queue synchers in solo ranked. And, yes it is a no-brainer that it negatively affects the number of people PvPing and should be changed.

The question is not if something needs to be changed, the question is what and how it should be changed.

All I took from this post is that you're bad and blame premades. Clearly nothing will change your mind no matter how many people raise valid points. Keep blaming the entirety of PvP's problems on a handful of people trying to exploit a healthy system who will only continue to exploit the system after you make your changes.

All I took from this post is that you're bad and blame premades. Clearly nothing will change your mind no matter how many people raise valid points. Keep blaming the entirety of PvP's problems on a handful of people trying to exploit a healthy system who will only continue to exploit the system after you make your changes.

Haha, am I "BAAAD" ? Yeah you are probably right, since I'm pretty b*ad*ss at mopping the floor with you premade lovers who are too chicken to man up and play ranked. ... :D

Now when we have rediculed you completely, can we get back to the core issue - which is to figure our how to balance the solo queue ? If you could contribute to that discussion, you are welcome to start.

Edited by Bobbafatter

Haha, am I "BAAAD" ? Yeah you are probably right, since I'm pretty b*ad*ss at mopping the floor with you premade lovers who are too chicken to man up and play ranked. ... :D

Now when we have rediculed you completely, can we get back to the core issue - which is to figure our how to balance the solo queue ? If you could contribute to that discussion, you are welcome to start.

Being able to choosing the higher ground in an argument equals pretty much the time it takes to gain insight to the difference to voice one persons view point contrary to voicing a community standpoint. Acknowledging the fact that the problem of the one isn't necessary the problem of all, takes maturity.

I would also argue that changes to the reg queue, cos that what it is, it isn't a Pure PUG queue, would at this point be unfortunate, this insight have I reach through extensive experience in Swtor PvP, My view at the time of the OPs argument was quite similar, now how ever, I must admit that I've changed my standpoint, and that mostly due to the current state of the Swtor PvP. With a larger PvP population the OPs concern already would have been in effect.

Now how ever the only way for this PvP community to grow is when people realize that being a dick to other players doesn't promote Swtor PvP. And that my friends have been the only way to help the PvP community to grow always.

Edited by t-darko

Being able to choosing the higher ground in an argument equals pretty much the time it takes to gain insight to the difference to voice one persons view point contrary to voicing a community standpoint. Acknowledging the fact that the problem of the one isn't necessary the problem of all, takes maturity.

Well it's pretty clear that the queue synchers and premade losers don't see it as a problem that there is no matchmaking in regs, otherwise they could just have gone to ranked.

I would also argue that changes to the reg queue, cos that what it is, it isn't a Pure PUG queue, would at this point be unfortunate, this insight have I reach through extensive experience in Swtor PvP, My view at the time of the OPs argument was quite similar, now how ever, I must admit that I've changed my standpoint, and that mostly due to the current state of the Swtor PvP. With a larger PvP population the OPs concern already would have been in effect.

One does not necessarily need to split the queue, just a button to select whether you want to join a WZ with premades in it or not. If you queue with a premade, obviously the button should be autoselected and greyed out. To prevent queue synching one would need to combine it with cross-faction.

And it's a myth that "the population cannot support double queues". There are plenty of premades to go around -that's the root of the problem.

Now how ever the only way for this PvP community to grow is when people realize that being a dick to other players doesn't promote Swtor PvP. And that my friends have been the only way to help the PvP community to grow always.

We'll I see it as this - to group up 4 fully geared and experienced players in a group with the objective of playing regs is to be a dick. The game design should discourage dickism, not promote it ...

Edited by Bobbafatter

I have played with you on TRE many times and yes you are bad.Sorry.

Also,80% of the times i saw you raging against "premade losers" in say chat you are against pugs.But keep doing that,its hilarious :rak_03:.

I have played with you on TRE many times and yes you are bad.Sorry.

Also,80% of the times i saw you raging against "premade losers" in say chat you are against pugs.But keep doing that,its hilarious :rak_03:.

You premade losers are so funny - now tell us how it would be relevant to the argument if I against would be BAAAD given that I usually top dps and kills in every WZ I am in.

What's your char name ? I want a good laugh ... :D

Edited by Bobbafatter

I don't get why this thread is still going. It's an mmo I play it with friends. If I want to group with them and do whatever then I do that. If you don't like premades rolling you get your group of friends together and make your own. It's like rule 1 of a gun fight: Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns. This has got to be the most retarded obnoxious whiny cry baby thread on the forums that has been around WAY too long.

Tl;dr qq

Edited by bluesoldier

And it's a sheer mystery why they don't have the same urge in team ranked ... . . . ... . . . !!?

alot of them either don't do it because their team isn't good enough, another reason they don't, the toxic nature of ranked pvp is a turn off, some people just want 8's back and refuse to play 4's. because not all classes are viable in 4's. but there is nothing wrong with 4 friends queing regs together..the people that whine about it..are the people that solo que, in pve gear.

You premade losers are so funny - now tell us how it would be relevant to the argument if I against would be BAAAD given that I usually top dps and kills in every WZ I am in.

What's your char name ? I want a good laugh ... :D

I guarantee that if you're getting rolled by premades, you're not topping the dps charts.

frak! I just posted to this thread. :mad:

I guarantee that if you're getting rolled by premades, you're not topping the dps charts.

Yeah,he usually is middish.And that it for his team only,not for the whole scoreboard.Also,evev if there are only 2 with the same guild tag he starts raging in say chat about premades losers blah blah.

Literally the guy is a joke on TRE.

Yeah,he usually is middish.And that it for his team only,not for the whole scoreboard.Also,evev if there are only 2 with the same guild tag he starts raging in say chat about premades losers blah blah.

Bobba is a legend. And there would be a better chance of me taking you seriously if you were not too chicken to let us know your char name. As I said, I am all for good laughs in the game ...:D

Can we now get back to discussing how to best rid the game of the queue synching premade losers ?

Edited by Bobbafatter

Bobba is a legend. And there would be a better chance of me taking you seriously if you were not too chicken to let us know your char name. As I said, I am all for good laughs in the game ...:D

Can we now get back to discussing how to best rid the game of the queue synching premade losers ?

A piece of advice: it would be easier to take you seriously if you didn't start whining about premades even the games you lose to pugs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.