Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

Nothing like getting off of work, coming home, fixing up a nice cold glass of cool aid, logging into the game I pay for, to be reminded, 'Oh yeah - the company I do business with is still using the solo crowd as farm-bait.'

The really fun part is where you sit and WAIT for a warzone. You know, the way you'd WAIT for a delicious plate of baby back ribs to come out of the oven? It's like you're waiting for something good, something exciting, something worthwhile, something worth working for. You know?

Then you get in and it's like, 'Oh yeah - ranked 4 man again - oh boy. I'm sure these other 7 pugs are going to know how to shut down their meticulously practiced "combos"' (Laugh). That's not even worth the time it took to load.

Premades aren't 'good'. They have HEADPHONES. And a willingness to swab themselves in each other's dusty boxer shorts. A willingness to listen to some loser named "Russ" on vent trying to tell you what moves to use. That's special.

They don't win by playing the game: they win by shutting down game play. That's also a great dynamic that I like to have in Warzones: gamebreaking gimmick-spam - just stupendous. Their predation spam - their chain stuns - their cross heals, all have one effect: to keep the game from actually happening.

Players who don't want to join premades and don't want to que with premades dislike them for a lot of personality reasons - basically we find the premade mentality despicable, like something that smells bad and you don't want to be around. <-- For real. <--- Literally. <--- Not exaggerating. But also, because we don't want to shut down game play, we want to open play up. The beauty of the warzones for us is the chaos, the intuition, the creativity, the unexpected things that can happen. Intuitive players are also good players - great players. Awesome **** happens in Huttball when you play it like a sport.

Nothing happens in Huttball, when you play it like a gimmic bag full of stun sandwiches. Essentially, you win by not having to actually play the game at all.

Premades are the date rapists of Swtor: Dead set on getting something that's not offered, from people who don't want to give it to them. We don't want their company. They're looking for a free lunch and an easy advantage. Another day, another THANK YOU VERY MUCH BW.

Very, very much. These farming ranked 4-mans, are just awesome to deal with.

over the top much ?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly what is happening playing 55's Imp side on Jedi Covenant. You basically get on a team of all pugs and nearly every single time face off against a half premade of loser douche 50 or bloodlump. You would think they would take a break in their day but oh no think again. Why aren't those 1/2 premades playing each other. I fully concur with the sarcastic commentary below.

Nothing like getting off of work, coming home, fixing up a nice cold glass of cool aid, logging into the game I pay for, to be reminded, 'Oh yeah - the company I do business with is still using the solo crowd as farm-bait.'

The really fun part is where you sit and WAIT for a warzone. You know, the way you'd WAIT for a delicious plate of baby back ribs to come out of the oven? It's like you're waiting for something good, something exciting, something worthwhile, something worth working for. You know?

Then you get in and it's like, 'Oh yeah - ranked 4 man again - oh boy. I'm sure these other 7 pugs are going to know how to shut down their meticulously practiced "combos"' (Laugh). That's not even worth the time it took to load.

Premades aren't 'good'. They have HEADPHONES. And a willingness to swab themselves in each other's dusty boxer shorts. A willingness to listen to some loser named "Russ" on vent trying to tell you what moves to use. That's special.

They don't win by playing the game: they win by shutting down game play. That's also a great dynamic that I like to have in Warzones: gamebreaking gimmick-spam - just stupendous. Their predation spam - their chain stuns - their cross heals, all have one effect: to keep the game from actually happening.

Players who don't want to join premades and don't want to que with premades dislike them for a lot of personality reasons - basically we find the premade mentality despicable, like something that smells bad and you don't want to be around. <-- For real. <--- Literally. <--- Not exaggerating. But also, because we don't want to shut down game play, we want to open play up. The beauty of the warzones for us is the chaos, the intuition, the creativity, the unexpected things that can happen. Intuitive players are also good players - great players. Awesome **** happens in Huttball when you play it like a sport.

Nothing happens in Huttball, when you play it like a gimmic bag full of stun sandwiches. Essentially, you win by not having to actually play the game at all.

Premades are the date rapists of Swtor: Dead set on getting something that's not offered, from people who don't want to give it to them. We don't want their company. They're looking for a free lunch and an easy advantage. Another day, another THANK YOU VERY MUCH BW.

For a long time Failware has been aware of this and done nothing, screw it lets just not play PVP anymore, and we get tired of doing only PVE , go to uninstall and never buy their crap again. They think it is a joke, they think because we love Star Wars we should love them, this has gone on for far too long, and all we ever get from them is silence. They have what they wanted, our money, and now that we have spent so much time on this, they know we don't want to leave. So what do we do??????

most of those 4 man ranked premades are just guild mates queing together.

if you make a post like this then i guarantee you wouldn't know the difference between a guild premade & a ranked groups 4 man premade.

i could literally sit here and explain how every single part of your post is wrong but you have managed to fit so much failure into 1 post that i honestly kind of hope you quit playing.

Edited by dufox

Lol philosophy majors are great at making coffee and going on long tangents that make them feel smart but are in reality pointless.

That crap is not real logic (you know the kind that can actually help create and/or improve something). I had a philosophy elective course in college and it was hilarious. In our small group TA sessions I would make up the craziest things and my TA just loved me. I would just say what if BLANK and there would go an entire hour. Philosophy wouldn't even be a major anymore If it wasn't for government funding and SBUX.

This thread is about premades. Either get back to making my lattes or post something relevant please.

The majority of philosophy majors that focus on advanced and theoretical logic typically take the LSAT and do quite well (those who majored in philosophy usually do equally well as those who focused on pre-law).

The premade situation has been made worse due to heals being overpowered because loading up heals ensures the game will take longer regardless of the outcome, thus increasing the amount of time wasted for both sides in all cases. They're not necessarily winning any more often, but each game they win (or lose) sure is going to take more time than it used to.

The premade situation has been made worse due to heals being overpowered because loading up heals ensures the game will take longer regardless of the outcome, thus increasing the amount of time wasted for both sides in all cases. They're not necessarily winning any more often, but each game they win (or lose) sure is going to take more time than it used to.

The only time I see this as a possibility is in Novare Coast. Voidstar and Huttball have (and have always had) a set time limit, with most matches reaching this limit (at least in my experience). Ancient Hypergate's scoring system, while possibly slowed by the number of healers, is fast enough that I don't see this ever being an issue. Civil war might take slightly longer if one or more nodes remain uncontested (I have only been in two matches where the center node is never won) but these are few and far between, and even still the match is still won in relatively the same time (as opposed to nodes constantly flip-flopping).

Whats the point of Ranked Warzones in the game if they run in normal ??

Still dont understand why they made ranked if no1 do that atm...lol

Well most of these "big bad premades" that wreck these poor scrubs do run ranked. Ranked is something of a double edged sword and if you say ole have 12 guildmates on well you have 4 left out, those 4 players will form a group and partake in regs. Its not rocket science, ranked queues don't pop 24/7 like regs do and regular warzones do not require particular players classes and specs.

The point used to be "no you do not need solo we just need ranked that is what we really want" now to point supposedly is "well we'd have ranked but we still want your queue to to practice on". what I say is is that if what they really want is the rank practice queue they should ask the company for it but that is a separate issue not of our concern we have already made too many accommodations in return for no accommodations for our more numerous request.

in my opinion they have had what they want all along....

Pugrolling.

Well most of these "big bad premades" that wreck these poor scrubs do run ranked. Ranked is something of a double edged sword and if you say ole have 12 guildmates on well you have 4 left out, those 4 players will form a group and partake in regs. Its not rocket science, ranked queues don't pop 24/7 like regs do and regular warzones do not require particular players classes and specs.

All the better reason for some type of 4v4 system. They need to stop giving RWZ comms for doing reg dailies/weekly. Give a higher incentive for doing ranked in addition to a 4v4 type system that will provide RWZ comms. Not sure if that kind of qualifies as an arena system.

There is a simple truth in this post that premades, which usually consist of verbal coordination and better gear than pugs, are killing the experience for the solo queue player.

Edited by Kovaos

^ This :rolleyes:

Ranked were specially designed as separated queue for premades, BW must make final step - remove "Group queue" button for regilar wz.

Wanna play solo -go regular wz.

Wanna play with friends - go ranked wz.

Wanna play with friends, but have not enough friends? No problem. Its MMO. Stop being bad, l2p, make more friends, go with friends to ranked.

Simply!

Edited by TonyDragonflame

All the better reason for some type of 4v4 system. They need to stop giving RWZ comms for doing reg dailies/weekly. Give a higher incentive for doing ranked in addition to a 4v4 type system that will provide RWZ comms. Not sure if that kind of qualifies as an arena system.

There is a simple truth in this post that premades, which usually consist of verbal coordination and better gear than pugs, are killing the experience for the solo queue player.

You totally contradicted yourself. If premades have better gear, why would you take away access to better gear for PUGs?

Premades still rely on 4 other players in a warzone so coordination must still be done via chat and not solely by voice comms. This is a very slight advantage in the overall scheme of things.

You totally contradicted yourself. If premades have better gear, why would you take away access to better gear for PUGs?

No contradiction at all. If someone wants the BiS they need to earn it playing at a higher level.

Ranked were specially designed as separated queue for premades, BW must make final step - remove "Group queue" button for regilar wz.

Wanna play with friends, but have not enough friends? No problem. Its MMO. Stop being bad, l2p, make more friends, go with friends to ranked.

Simply!

I don't see why this is so hard for the anti-premade group to comprehend. Ranked =/= group. Ranked = competitive level where wins/losses are tracked. This means you should only group with a good team composition with everyone having worked together prior. If there was a separate queue (which I think is bad form to begin with) it would be acceptable to disallow groups in standard.

You defeat yourself with your logic for "not having enough friends" You claim it is an MMO, they should learn to play and get more friends. This is the primary argument used against people who solo queue then cry about facing premades.

A matchmaking system would help, but with low populations you would still most likely end up facing the same groups regardless.

I have always hated the gear gap argument. Gear is so stupidly easy to obtain especially now with how bolster works, the only real advantage a premade has over a solo queued player is VoIP but a little situational awareness and some quick checks in the ops chat will help with that as I rarely get into vent when I am queued with players and I am usually defending.

Simply!

Ranked warzones were implemented for 8 man teams to queue up against other 8 man teams to acquire a rating. Regs do not require a specific time of day which goes hand and hand with other teams to be queuing, specfic classes and specs and possibly specific players (some teams only run a specific core of players). Which is why guilds that do not meet some of these requirements will either pluck other players who are available or simply do some regs.

Oh and recruiting. Guilds looking for recuits will usually run some grouped warzones together to...and this might be a shocker, see how they perform working as a group...crazy I know.

Ill try to sum up my stance into the simplest possible statement:

This is my free time i am spending when playing this game, and you have no right to demand that i spend it in a way that is fun for you, but not fun for me.

Based on the above, i am asking for a checkbox on the warzone UI that will skip me when constructing warzone teams that contain a premade. Because i do not wish to participate in such a game. And you have no right to demand that i do.

That is all.

This is my free time i am spending when playing this game, and you have no right to demand that i spend it in a way that is fun for you, but not fun for me.

Based on the above, i am asking for a checkbox on the warzone UI that will skip me when constructing warzone teams that contain a premade. Because i do not wish to participate in such a game. And you have no right to demand that i do.

That is all.

You are signing away your rights to choose your team and opponents by clicking the queue for warzone button. BW has agreed to allow you to queue by yourself and partner you with 7 other people to play against 8 other people. They have also agreed to allow you, and everyone else, to queue with up to 3 other players. If this is not fun for you, then this is not the button you are looking for...

That is all.

^ This.

They asked for ranked, they got ranked. The real reason ranked queue is fracked is they don't like getting all dressed up for the dance only to get facerolled any more than pugs do. It's a lot of big talk but when it comes down to it they would rather "practice" forever (i.e. invade our queue/deny us separate queue) than have to face a low rank standing in competition with the other gimmick spammers. Translation, they don't like being chain stunned all the way through a WZ either. What they like is to be the chain-stunning gimmick spammers, against a solo group.

The point used to be "no you do not need solo we just need ranked that is what we really want" now to point supposedly is "well we'd have ranked but we still want your queue to to practice on". what I say is is that if what they really want is the rank practice queue they should ask the company for it but that is a separate issue not of our concern we have already made too many accommodations in return for no accommodations for our more numerous request.

in my opinion they have had what they want all along....

Pugrolling.

You are signing away your rights to choose your team and opponents by clicking the queue for warzone button. BW has agreed to allow you to queue by yourself and partner you with 7 other people to play against 8 other people. They have also agreed to allow you, and everyone else, to queue with up to 3 other players. If this is not fun for you, then this is not the button you are looking for...

He's totally right. And add to the fact that we, the premades, do not choose to get paired with you. If it happens, it happens. Sometimes premades want to fight other premades and it doesn't happen; what do we do? We get over it. You que up, you assume the risks. Don't like it? Go do something else.