no hk51 for solo players

sepulhead

I don't see why this is such a big deal. Why not let EVERYONE have a crack at this companion. He will still just be as good as the gear level the player has access to. This is a total different argument than asking for HM or raid gear solo. They are adding story content that part of the player base will never see. I want to do it more for the story anyway. More than likely he will be kept on the ship with the other meatbags I don't use.

Also some people like to have a no drama/rage gaming experience. It is aggravation to join pugs when they do the content at break neck speed since they have all done it 20 times and then they yell at your for wanting to listen to the story parts ;P. Grouping in this day and age in mmos is very painful. Noone cares about wanting to form relationships. Noone cares about showing new players the ropes of new areas. All they care about is efficiency. I personally don't want to play that game.

Please add the ability for small group/solo players to get this COMPANION. At the very least you could add the group quest hits to the much talked about TOR store ;P.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HK51 has to be grouped for because thats the way the Devs designed it. They are trying to entice people to do every aspect of the game. Why? Because the developers believe thats what makes MMOs .... MMOs

So what happened to 'Group the old fashioned way', because that's how the Devs designed it, people made a fuss and the group finder was built. Wow is it possible the Devs can be wrong?

Its quite telling how solo players really are. A few pages back, I offered to run anyone through these dungeons, no questions asked, no problems with afk or skill. Not 1 solo player was social enough to take me up on that offer. Pretty sad.

needing to group in an MMO to achieve a specific goal? man this is almost as bad as when I group out you need to group with someone else to have proper sex :eek:

I think that is the wrong thing to say to the bunch on this board. EVERYONE is probably used to doing THAT solo:eek:.

Bazinga!!

So what happened to 'Group the old fashioned way', because that's how the Devs designed it, people made a fuss and the group finder was built. Wow is it possible the Devs can be wrong?

I dont go through life crying to make everything my way. If thats the way you do it then thats your business. The fact is that MMOs are developed to get people playing together. If it was not a goal to get people to play together then they could just make an offline game.

Soluss I agree with you for the most part BUT this isn't raid gear or HM gear. This is a companion that will have a story line attached to him.

Also this companion (the way I understand it anyway) will only be as powerful as the level of gear that the player currently has access too. They are withholding story content on whether you can get a group or not. I play this game because it has the BEST story elements, and the pew pew.

I know how mad it would make others if the solo/small group player got access to raid rewards and HM rewards for just doing a 10 min solo quest. From what I have read I don't think anyone here is asking for that. If you put in those long hours to grind out the gear then more power to you. I just don't enjoy that endgame anymore.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! reconsider adjusting this so solo players can run this quest line. If it has to be longer because of that change (for the solo/small group player) then so be it. Please make this change.

Also if I missed something and this companion is stronger than the average companion can the solo/small group players get a regular version of this companion?

Thanks for listen ;)

I suggest to you players that you, get in groups so that you can get HK-51. None Solo or Not if people want to Have HK-51 and players want to seek out HK-51, I will take groups in and help you get HK-51. I mastered HK-51 in test center. I will see you at the flash points good luck to you all......

Its quite telling how solo players really are. A few pages back, I offered to run anyone through these dungeons, no questions asked, no problems with afk or skill. Not 1 solo player was social enough to take me up on that offer. Pretty sad.

Well, what server are you on? If you happen to be on mine (which I doubt ;) ) I'll almost certainly take you up on that offer :) (at least for HM Maelstrom Prison as storymode False Emperor isn't much of an issue anyway).

That aside...one of the problems here is that many of the heavily group-oriented players are most likely in guilds and don't have to rely on PUGs. You'll know the people you group with, know their gear and their playstyle.

While PUGs don't necessarily have to be a bad experience, they often are.

Just checking to see if this is still going. :D

Why don't you solo only players band together and do something about this. Write letters, hold a sit in, or better yet... run the flashpoint! Problem solved!

haha... I love it when logic show up to play.... it's not like anything logic ever does in this forum is taken seriously. . .

But even while leveling, you still have to group to get the best gear. All this arguing doesnt matter. Its an MMO and its a fact that there will be a group requirement for some things in an MMO.

Don't know about that.I craft my own gear including augs.I pretty sure the gear dropping in fps and heroics isn't as good as my purples.I can't say every piece but pretty high percentage with armor,barrels,mods and enchantments.Also ear pieces and implants.Also bikes ..If you hit Jedi Covenant I'll make you a good deal on a bike...rarely used by a little old Sith Sor from Kass City.

Just checking to see if this is still going. :D

Why don't you solo only players band together and do something about this. Write letters, hold a sit in, or better yet... run the flashpoint! Problem solved!

How about we don't and said we did.

Soluss I agree with you for the most part BUT this isn't raid gear or HM gear. This is a companion that will have a story line attached to him.

Also this companion (the way I understand it anyway) will only be as powerful as the level of gear that the player currently has access too. They are withholding story content on whether you can get a group or not. I play this game because it has the BEST story elements, and the pew pew.

I know how mad it would make others if the solo/small group player got access to raid rewards and HM rewards for just doing a 10 min solo quest. From what I have read I don't think anyone here is asking for that. If you put in those long hours to grind out the gear then more power to you. I just don't enjoy that endgame anymore.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! reconsider adjusting this so solo players can run this quest line. If it has to be longer because of that change (for the solo/small group player) then so be it. Please make this change.

Also if I missed something and this companion is stronger than the average companion can the solo/small group players get a regular version of this companion?

Thanks for listen ;)

The flashpoints that you have to run for him also have a story line attached to them. One is actually is how they introduce HK-47. You may not look at it as raid gear, but if he comes level 50 geared then you can think of it like raid gear. He is an epic companion. It is an epic questline.

As I said earlier in the thread, Id be happy to take anyone on my server through these instances. If you need to go afk 20 times then so be it. If you need some advice on how to play in a group, in an instance, then so be it if you are willing to take that advice. Not 1 person took me up on that offer or even posted about that offer. That tells me something.

The flashpoints that you have to run for him also have a story line attached to them. One is actually is how they introduce HK-47. You may not look at it as raid gear, but if he comes level 50 geared then you can think of it like raid gear. He is an epic companion. It is an epic questline.

As I said earlier in the thread, Id be happy to take anyone on my server through these instances. If you need to go afk 20 times then so be it. If you need some advice on how to play in a group, in an instance, then so be it if you are willing to take that advice. Not 1 person took me up on that offer or even posted about that offer. That tells me something.

I'll ask again then... which server do you play on?

Well, what server are you on? If you happen to be on mine (which I doubt ;) ) I'll almost certainly take you up on that offer :) (at least for HM Maelstrom Prison as storymode False Emperor isn't much of an issue anyway).

That aside...one of the problems here is that many of the heavily group-oriented players are most likely in guilds and don't have to rely on PUGs. You'll know the people you group with, know their gear and their playstyle.

While PUGs don't necessarily have to be a bad experience, they often are.

I had to go look because I wasnt sure where they moved me to this time. Im on Jedi Covenant. My main toon name is Soluss. If im not online then just send me a mail and we can work something out... that goes for anyone.

I had to go look because I wasnt sure where they moved me to this time. Im on Jedi Covenant. My main toon name is Soluss. If im not online then just send me a mail and we can work something out... that goes for anyone.

Darn, I'm on Progenitor. Well I hope I'll get lucky and get someone to help out with HM Maelstrom (not even sure if my gear is appropriate or if I'm either under- or overgeared ;) ).

But thanks for the offer nontheless.

Edited by Kendaric

Darn, I'm on Progenitor. Well I hope I'll get lucky and get someone to help out with HM Maelstrom (not even sure if my gear is appropriate or if I'm either under- or overgeared ;) ).

But thanks for the offer nontheless.

Im glad someone appreciates it. I wish you luck. Even if you have to do a pug (ugg I hate those too), just bear with it, ignore *** hole comments and get it done. You may get lucky and fine decent mannered people.

It is really a dumb idea needing to do a flahpoint to get HK51 what is even worse once you get him all you can do is dailies. Need to be able to do a all companion group on flashpoints hm or normal.

Since when has that been true?:confused:

I've 2 manned every Hard Mode that's available to Imperials except HM LI which I've 3 manned.

When on Ziost did this change?:confused::confused::confused:

Perhaps you're misleading everyone on purpose?

UPDATE: You can buy HK-51 for your lowbies via the Cartel Shop but you need to have him on a 50 already.

Edited by AshlaBoga

That is a really kind offer :)

I know that I'm getting HK-51 with the guild later on, but I am sure that people might ask around more on general chatt once HK-51 is in the game. Would not be surprised if someone took you up on that offer then.

Here's my question:

The guide shows component 7 to be Empire only on Hardmode Maelstrom Prison/Foundry.

Instead of saying you only need a level 50 on one side and a level 15 on the other don't they mean a level 50 Empire side and a level 15 republic?

I have a level 50 Jedi and a level 16 Sorcerer for example, that means I'm out of luck right?

Here's my question:

The guide shows component 7 to be Empire only on Hardmode Maelstrom Prison/Foundry.

Instead of saying you only need a level 50 on one side and a level 15 on the other don't they mean a level 50 Empire side and a level 15 republic?

I have a level 50 Jedi and a level 16 Sorcerer for example, that means I'm out of luck right?

Wait really...damn I'm out of luck too for the next few months... :(

Here's my question:

No, you are not out of luck. The Republic side of quests mirrors the Empire side.

Edited by Soluss