PvP Gameplay deserves better.

Apaolo

Good luck to the OP wherever you go. I have enjoyed reading your posts over the months, good insights and such. That said I am with Jaiyne in that other than backfill I dont have any real issues with 1.4. The CC changes were a moderate nerf to melee classes which IMO is a good thing for overall balance. Healers in most cases got a nice boost to survivability which has been lacking since the expertise and classs changes in 1.2.

My biggest dissapointment really is with 1.5 and no ancient hypergates WZ.

All good points, Alpha!

Whatever, this forum has been filled with dissatisfaction since game's launch. I have been plenty unhappy about many of the PvP issues in this game; so much so that I unsubbed back in March and came back in July to give it another try. There is no doubt this game's PvP could be so much better - but I guess I just don't see 1.4 as the deathknell that many do :o

It's not just 1.4, which seems to have missed peeps here. It's the overall PvP in this game, which has gone downhill for many months. 1.4 Just made it easier for myself and others to move on. I'm no longer blinded by this game, and have finally realized how subpar it really is. /shrug

IMO, the PvP was way worse back in the Ilum zerg 1.1.days for so many reasons that stemmed mostly from faction imbalance and from how gear was acquired via bags; plus stacking adrenals/relics/expertise pots and buffs (omg...so horribly designed). The worst PvP I have ever played in any game was back at TOR launch no doubt about it. I think it's better now, but I worry the dwindling resources will continue to let it decay in a game where it *should* have been amazing.

That said I totally understand moving on if you're not happy. Best of luck mate!

IMO, the PvP was way worse back in the Ilum zerg 1.1.days for so many reasons that stemmed mostly from faction imbalance and from how gear was acquired via bags; plus stacking adrenals/relics/expertise pots and buffs (omg...so horribly designed). The worst PvP I have ever played in any game was back at TOR launch no doubt about it. I think it's better now, but I worry the dwindling resources will continue to let it decay in a game where it *should* have been amazing.

That said I totally understand moving on if you're not happy. Best of luck mate!

Yeah different strokes for different folks, no biggy. ;) Good luck 2 u.

I've seen plenty of issues with PvP along the way, including some in 1.4, but OP, I read your post hoping to latch on to some specific issues that you found with 1.4. I think you'd find more developer and community reaction to your complaints if you actually detailed them. Just a thought. As some others have said, PvP is multifaceted so you should also specify which parts dissatisfy you, be they Lower-Warzones, Normal-Warzones, RWZ, or Open World.

I think you'd find more developer and community reaction to your complaints if you actually detailed them.

The complaints have been beaten to death already, I just chose to actually echo the major concern in a more "overall" tone, if they want more "details" they can actually just sift through the last 100+ pages or so. The title is self explanitory, no matter what my complaints are, and that title speaks for just about every player who cares about the PvP direction. The post itself dealt with communication, dedication & overall PvP satisfaction. It wasn't meant for a specific issue persay, although 1.4 (and the subsequent lack of fixing issues thereafter) did push me to cancel. I'm in hopes they work it out for those who remain, cause I'm not the only one who wants this to get better. Thanks for the reply though, and best of luck.

Edited by Apaolo

I watch and read interviews with Gabe and I always walk away with the estimation that he understands the PvP shortfalls of this game and what it needs. I really get a sense that he has his finger on the pulse of what the PvP community needs and wants.

I know exactly what you mean...I get the same feeling...that "Ah! This guy understands"...but then...they do NOTHING! Or worse than nothing like with the Resolve changes...they actually made Resolve WORSE with 1.4...something I gotta give em credit for because I thought that it was as **edit**ed up a system before as it could ever be.

The title does speak for itself, just as the many PvPers who once played this game, have spoken with their feet. It's sad to see...

The reality is that the game is moving into (financial) damage control mode. With F2P opening up next month, things won't be getting better, trust me. They simply aren't going to invest the resources into fixing all the things that need fixing, and it's clear that PvP is at the bottom of their priority list right now. The return on investment just isn't there. If the game is still around 6 months from now, they will be moving to 100% F2P.

The reality is that the game is moving into (financial) damage control mode. With F2P opening up next month, things won't be getting better, trust me. They simply aren't going to invest the resources into fixing all the things that need fixing, and it's clear that PvP is at the bottom of their priority list right now. The return on investment just isn't there. If the game is still around 6 months from now, they will be moving to 100% F2P.

A very fair assumption.

After last night, i'd say this thread title should be changed to "PVP Gameplay deserves ANYTHING DAMMIT!"

seriously getting pathetic now. zone in to NC and im the only one there....all other ops frames are blank...thats right i said OPS frames because there was like 24 people in an ops group in Novare Coast?!?!?

Well-written post. OP has invested a lot of time in the past to provide constructive feedback to the devs but there is no sense whatsoever of them being engaged with the community on PvP. Thanks for your past contributions, I agree the game deserves better, and hope you find something more fulfilling.

/signed

PvP has been getting worse ever since 1.2, and it goes past class imbalance, the stun/zerg fest it's become (despite advertising time to live will get longer past patch 1.2) and the imbalanced matchmaking system they keep running (in hope of hiding that the rated WZ system can not work in a server-based player pool).

I've unsubscribed after the first 6 months but then reluctantly decided that I'd give them 3 more months and see where they will take a game that had such huge potential (maybe it still has, though not with the current driver at the wheel).

However, they've since failed to address any of the glaring issues with the combat system in general and seem to not even be able to communicate the game's direction to the player base.

We do not want to hear how fine and dandy content will be in a game with a horrible combat system.

Subscription running out in a month.

Thanks for all the fish.

It's all about the money. These dudes are waiting on a severance package.

wich is exactly why I didnt buy the game after the beta was up, didnt play it for this long and then bought it when the collectors edition only costed 15 bucks.I expect nothing good from ea due to past dealings with them and sony.However any other company releases a MMO and im all on the pre-orders and usually satisfied.Hell I even liked zone4 until they said i couldnt use joy2key.Id still recommend it as a simple pvp game.