Whats your favorite time period?

GaidenGuy

Hey everyone, haven't seen a thread like this yet, so what's your favorite time period within all of Star Wars lore, and why? From Pre-Republic to the Legacy era. My favorite is probably either the Old Republic era ( Mainly because of KOTOR and TOR) or the Galactic Civil War era ( Mostly because of the original trilogy). So what's your favorite timeline (or timelines)?

The Old Republic. Specifically the KOTOR era.

I never was very interested in the events that happen after the movies 'cause I feel like ROTJ should have been the end of most conflict between the Jedi and Sith. Most people don't feel that way though and I can't blame them.

Mine would be the New Republic Era mainly due to Grand Admiral Thrawn and everything else that Timothy Zahn brought into the Star Wars universe. Second would be the Legacy Era because Darth Caedus is my all time favorite force user. Although, I have not read any books past Crosscurrent yet.

Mine would be the New Republic Era mainly due to Grand Admiral Thrawn and everything else that Timothy Zahn brought into the Star Wars universe. Second would be the Legacy Era because Darth Caedus is my all time favorite force user. Although, I have not read any books past Crosscurrent yet.

I actually like the Yuuzhan Vong war era. It was something we hadn't seen before and it was fun.

They just did some things that were NUTS and many didn't like the fact that chewie bit the dust along with Anakin Solo. But they had to show, nobody is unkillable otherwise books grow stale.

Still i would love to have fought in the Vong war as a trooper or a pilot.

For me, New Jedi Order with the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. It brought a new enemy to the galaxy which united all races for once. All the twists and surprises were amazing. The Jedi exploring other ways to use the force - that fine line line between Light and Dark.

It would be amazing if SWTOR could bring the Vong into the game. From what I remember reading this was not the first time they were here.

Yuuzhan Vong war, and afterwards the legacy era with the conflict around Corellia and Jacen turning to the dark side. I just love those books.

Jacen Solo's whole character progression was just done so well. I was a little upset with the way Invincible ended though.

Galactic civil war era. Seriously we need more stuff from that era. Pre-new republic but post old republic. Would love to read some novels of the original rogue squadron or other rebel cells without casting the "A-Team."

Old Republic. I think a lot of that stems from me really enjoying history in general, so I also tend to like the historical eras of the various fictional works I enjoy (another example of this would be that Enterprise was my favorite Star Trek series). I like that it's a whole new part of the universe that hasn't been explored much until recently, and is completely fresh. No Skywalkers, Solos, Palpatines, or Vaders. Not that I don't like those characters, there's just so much material covering them, it's nice to have something that's so far removed from the existing lore that started with the movies.

The Old Republic and the Clone Wars.

TOR- It's so much fun to finally see Sith and Jedi facing off. It's uncharted territory! You can create a story with minimal restrictions, like how fan fictions usually are.

CW- I just love that story. And Yoda:)