Respect Revan

MasterMe

What are you on about? of course it is relevant, Malgus at Alderaan during the Great Galactic War wasn't even close to as powerful as the Malgus seen at the onset of the Second Great Galactic War almost two decades later.

He defeated his own master a vaunted Weapon Master with hundreds of years of experience, who is also listed in the power of the Jedi sourcebook as one of the best weapon masters in the Order's history and he killed Odan-Urr who had a very strong connection to the Light Side of the Force, it was him having killed these two that jedi like Nomi Sunrider didn't even bother to attempt to take him on when he attacked Coruscant and rescued Ulic-Qel Droma.

Of course the Dark Side isn't more powerful, but clearly you have failed to understand my point, Exar Kun was not near his prime, not even close, he got crowned as Dark Lord only after it by Marka Ragnos himself, Exar Kun became far more powerful later on.

And how did Revan prove himself exactly? he beat Mandalore, well done, Kun's apprentice killed another. He beat Terentateks, yeh Odile Vaiken as a teenager with a blaster killed another one. He beat Malak's apprentice Bandon, well done, he defeated Bastila Shan twice, that's not exactly impressive either as her only true claim to fame is being with Revan and having Battle Meditation, then he defeated Malak who was enhanced with the Star Forge, whilst Revan himself was enhanced by Bastla's BM.

Fantastic record, really shines out, when none of them are claimed to be extremely skilled duellists besides Malak himself and that was only in his day as the Dark Lord.

You're being unfair to Revan's record.

But you yourself agree that Malak was a great duelist. Let's work from there.

Let's keep in mind how powerful Malak was. He was very far from the greatest Sith ever, but none the less, he was a powerful man. On top of that his darkside power was enhanced because from the Star Forge. On top of that, he had several lives to drain. How many lives? I don't remember, so let's say 8. Let's also say that Revan prevented Malak from using 5 of them. Even then, Malak has become 4x as hard to kill (not sure my math is perfect, but whatever)!Take that any way you want, but this speaks of Revan endurance and ability to win against an opponent who took a very long time to die.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're being unfair to Revan's record.

But you yourself agree that Malak was a great duelist. Let's work from there.

Let's keep in mind how powerful Malak was. He was very far from the greatest Sith ever, but none the less, he was a powerful man. On top of that his darkside power was enhanced because from the Star Forge. On top of that, he had several lives to drain. How many lives? I don't remember, so let's say 8. Let's also say that Revan prevented Malak from using 5 of them. Even then, Malak has become 4x as hard to kill (not sure my math is perfect, but whatever)!Take that any way you want, but this speaks of Revan endurance and ability to win against an opponent who took a very long time to die.

I am being harsh, extremely so, but I am putting across that record in the total polar opposite to others here, to show people how it can also be interpreted as nothing at all, it's easy to do and I will continue to do so as long as people keep putting him on a pedestal he should not be on.

Defeating Malak is impressive, but do remember, he himself is enhanced with battle meditation, given that this version of Revan is stated by Malak to be far more powerful than at any time Revan was the Dark lord and then take the fact Malak was once Darth Revan's apprentice(until he shot at his bridge) and it doesn't paint quite as an impressive picture does it?

Edited by Rayla_Felana

I am being harsh, extremely so, but I am putting across that record in the total polar opposite to others here, to show people how it can also be interpreted as nothing at all, it's easy to do and I will continue to do so as long as people keep putting him on a pedestal he should not be on.

Defeating Malak is impressive, but do remember, he himself is enhanced with battle meditation, given that this version of Revan is stated by Malak to be far more powerful than at any time Revan was the Dark lord and then take the fact Malak was once revan's apprentice and it doesn't paint quite as an impressive picture does it?

I don't know what this pedestal is you speak of. I'm not over-estimating him.

You COULD be right about the battle meditation thing. But my understanding is that the battle med just enhanced the soldiers and non-force users and in general the battle around them - not the leaders themselves.

I don't know what this pedestal is you speak of. I'm not over-estimating him.

You COULD be right about the battle meditation thing. But my understanding is that the battle med just enhanced the soldiers and non-force users and in general the battle around them - not the leaders themselves.

I'm talking about the general fans' pedestal and I see absolutely no reason why it would only effect a certain group of people.

Revan did not Master Both Darkside and Lightside , I am not really sure how you would or could see them both being mastered at the same time as pretty much most skills/powers used by light and dark seem to be mostly used by both . I know there are a few skills/powers seem to be only used to oneside but beside KOTOR games and other than Luke , it generally seems impossible to know all those powers and abilities as most Jedi and Sith find which they are strongest at and master it . Revan/Meetra clearly did not master all the skills they could use in KotoR but neither that would make Revan a master in both Light and Dark at the same time !

I think or atleast my take on Lightside or Darkside is the measure in how you get to the power you control .

Lightside is like taking no shortcuts , staying the path

Darkside is killing and corrupting everything on that path

With that said , you can only be light or dark ! You cannot be both !

Revan was a Master but it does not mean he mastered Both at the same time , it kinda makes no sense ........

In TOR you really have to put Revan with Kreia in the fact that both seemed to have lost their minds and have said some off the wall stuff .

Edited by mefit

Wasn't the lightning directed at Revan? With her aware of him being there? Although I could very well be remembering this wrong.

I think she was aware and had full intentions on killing him (Atleast how I read it), after all her lightning did turn her to ash when it was redirected back . I do not see or read anywhere that Revan increased it on its way back but I could be wrong , so Revan was skilled enough to know how to absorb it and redirect it back but it was by her own power she died .

As Emperor Palpatine would put it "It was because of her lack of Vision " she died ! (My kids watch FanBoy and CHumchum and now I picture Janitor Poopatine.............too funny)

Edited by mefit

Defeating Malak is impressive, but do remember, he himself is enhanced with battle meditation, given that this version of Revan is stated by Malak to be far more powerful than at any time Revan was the Dark lord and then take the fact Malak was once Darth Revan's apprentice(until he shot at his bridge) and it doesn't paint quite as an impressive picture does it?

Anyone has every right to have an opinion of him and seeing as nearly everything about Revan is based on how you interpret the things he has done your opinion no more valid than anyone else's, if anything you are purposefully dismissing any evidence that shows he was very powerful. Fact is that we know very little facts about Revan and his power, what saber forms he used etc.

Also FYI Bastilas BM had nothing to do with Revan what so ever, she was using it to aid the fleet not Revan.

As I said just because it doesn't comment on his lightsaber form in any of the books doesn't mean he never mastered them it means the people the wrote the lore have decided not to comment. To suggest a Jedi that is as accomplished as Revan did not master anything is just silly to be honest. At which point I begin to question whether you want to talk about this properly if you just want to flame a character that you don't like for whatever reason.

And whether you agree or not it is a fact that Nyriss gave it everything she had when she attacked Revan with that lightning blast, he deflected it with ease referring to her as nothing compared to him and reduced her to ash.

Edited by RTCBrad

Anyone has every right to have an opinion of him and seeing as nearly everything about Revan is based on how you interpret the things he has done your opinion no more valid than anyone else's, if anything you are purposefully dismissing any evidence that shows he was very powerful. Fact is that we know very little facts about Revan and his power, what saber forms he used etc.

Also FYI Bastilas BM had nothing to do with Revan what so ever, she was using it to aid the fleet not Revan.

As I said just because it doesn't comment on his lightsaber form in any of the books doesn't mean he never mastered them it means the people the wrote the lore have decided not to comment. To suggest a Jedi that is as accomplished as Revan did not master anything is just silly to be honest. At which point I begin to question whether you want to talk about this properly if you just want to flame a character that you don't like for whatever reason.

And whether you agree or not it is a fact that Nyriss gave it everything she had when she attacked Revan with that lightning blast, he deflected it with ease referring to her as nothing compared to him and reduced her to ash.

Revan was a Jedi Master who had alot of charisma , as he got alot of Jedi to follow him and risk their status with the Order in doing so .

Hes strong in the Force, nothing is really said on what abilities he mastered .

He was a great Duelist , but nothing is said on the forms he was good at or mastered.

Really to this day Revan as a Character is still in the shadows , as in KotoR I and II . I think the reason Drew did this is so later a writer could come along and put in their own touch to Revan . Now that Drew is off doing other books for other Companies , maybe some of the other good writers for LucasArts will eventaully fill in the blanks or Revan will go down the as one of the only Mysterious Main characters in StarWars EU that did alot and no one has a clue what he used to do it .

We do know hes insane now and goes from Light to Dark to Light to Dark.............wash , rinse and repeat..........and can be possibly dead . Its really up in the air , personally I wish he would have died with Meetra . It would have been a good ending compared to now.

I would rather him and Meetra killed the emperor and they made Kotor III based on that storyline instead of SWTOR but sadly they didn't, the cash cow that is an MMO was too tempting for them apparently.

Here we are like almost 10 years down the line and still know very little about Revan or how his story ends, and he is arguably one of the most popular EU characters of them all.

Edited by RTCBrad

Dude, just shut up already. It's canon that Revan is a male and was never both dark-side and light-side at the same time. Canon isn't opinion, it's fact, you don't dictate or decide what is or isn't canon.

Nah, it's not canon. As I've said before, Star Wars "lore" is pathetic, and should never be taken seriously. Things are constantly changed and contradicted, etc. You need to take a chill pill and realize Revan did master both light and dark and was a sexy Asian gal.

And saying things like "b..but George Lucas SAID soooo!!!" is pathetic as he is ruining his own IP one stupid "fact" at a time.

Nah, it's not canon. As I've said before, Star Wars "lore" is pathetic, and should never be taken seriously. Things are constantly changed and contradicted, etc. You need to take a chill pill and realize Revan did master both light and dark and was a sexy Asian gal.

And saying things like "b..but George Lucas SAID soooo!!!" is pathetic as he is ruining his own IP one stupid "fact" at a time.

Well no matter what you say george passed down the word of law that you cannot master both all revan did was flip flop between light and dark all the time. What revan did was becoming one with the force which is not mastering dark and light.

Its on par with people having to ask george first if they want to make any further wookie force users.

Edited by lokdron

You are actually going off what Jolee Bindo has to say about the history of the Sith Empire? Really?

Revan and Malak were hardly pushovers. But to say Revan was one of the strongest, well no, I don't think so. He wasn't even the strongest Jedi or Sith of his time. As a Sith, he was controlled by The Emperor, and as a Jedi, all he did was kill Malak. Nothing amazing.

I do like Revan though, but then we all do, and that's probably because we played as him and got emotionally attached.

For me, Bane wins that fight out of Kun, Vader Bane and Revan.

I can't let this slide... you clearly didn't play with the KotOR or read the Revan novel... and in that case you shouldn't even allow yourself to write something like this in this topic. It's almost like I say something as "For me Luke was a child and when he wanted to beat the emeperor he almost died but then his father saved him... the end. He doesn't do a thing, after that. He was nothing special."

Yes, Revan mastered both dark and liht side. And as I said, he wasn't the only one to use both side powers. Kyle katarn can do that too, but not with mastery like revan.

When I say he mastered both sides I mean it's powers, not the philosophy. Revan now is following the light side ( even that not completely, aince he's married and etc), but still can use powers from both sides in the same time. A sith can't use force heal and a jedi can't use force lightning. Revan can do both and a lot of other dark/light powers!!

Yes, Revan mastered both dark and liht side. And as I said, he wasn't the only one to use both side powers. Kyle katarn can do that too, but not with mastery like revan.

When I say he mastered both sides I mean it's powers, not the philosophy. Revan now is following the light side ( even that not completely, aince he's married and etc), but still can use powers from both sides in the same time. A sith can't use force heal and a jedi can't use force lightning. Revan can do both and a lot of other dark/light powers!!

Really? I would not say Revan has mastered any dark side powers i mean yeah he can cast lightning but even then storywise by endgame Darth Nox's force lightning puts revan's one to shame. I mean there are many sith and jedi that would put revan's force powers to shame.

Am I the only one who thinks that revan main trait was his charisma? Not his prowess with a lightsaber or the force? Am I alone here?

Edited by lokdron

No one can MASTER LIGHT or DARKside , they are not masterable . Revan was STRONG WITH THE FORCE ...................

1 You can be STRONG in the DARKSIDE of the FORCE but you cannot MASTER IT . Emperor Palpatine was the most powerful Darkside user but even he did not master it . Its not possible .

2 I do not think I ever heard or read anything about Lightside being talked about as in Power or Intelligence other than it is a Path that those who believe in Peace take .

Its not possible to be in Both at the same time unless you have a split personality !

Revan is a White(not that it matters) Male , it was decided by Drew and LucasArts ........those who created him . Just like Exile is a White(not that it matters) Female named Meetra Surik , becuase LucasArts decided it so .

You can Play them how you want and imagine them as you want but this will not change .

Edited by mefit

Revan was a Jedi Master who had alot of charisma , as he got alot of Jedi to follow him and risk their status with the Order in doing so .

Hes strong in the Force, nothing is really said on what abilities he mastered .

He was a great Duelist , but nothing is said on the forms he was good at or mastered.

Really to this day Revan as a Character is still in the shadows , as in KotoR I and II . I think the reason Drew did this is so later a writer could come along and put in their own touch to Revan . Now that Drew is off doing other books for other Companies , maybe some of the other good writers for LucasArts will eventaully fill in the blanks or Revan will go down the as one of the only Mysterious Main characters in StarWars EU that did alot and no one has a clue what he used to do it .

We do know hes insane now and goes from Light to Dark to Light to Dark.............wash , rinse and repeat..........and can be possibly dead . Its really up in the air , personally I wish he would have died with Meetra . It would have been a good ending compared to now.

I feel the same way and I'm also sad because of it.

Well no matter what you say george passed down the word of law that you cannot master both all revan did was flip flop between light and dark all the time. .

Yeah....you'd have to be stupid to take anything old George says nowadays seriously. Maybe your Revan was pathetic, but mine mastered both light and dark.

Really? I would not say Revan has mastered any dark side powers i mean yeah he can cast lightning but even then storywise by endgame Darth Nox's force lightning puts revan's one to shame. I mean there are many sith and jedi that would put revan's force powers to shame.

Am I the only one who thinks that revan main trait was his charisma? Not his prowess with a lightsaber or the force? Am I alone here?

Are you talking about that Darth Nox who have to beat Revan at least with an other 3 people?

Le sigh, please stop using this excuse as your justification to go around the forums and round up the Revan supporters (fanboi or not) for the firing squad. You and the others (you know who you are) need to just ignore the fanatics that put him on this pedestal and go about your lives. To even suggest that you need to be the ones to do this, or even that this needs to be done at all really makes you come off as arrogant.

Yeah....you'd have to be stupid to take anything old George says nowadays seriously. Maybe your Revan was pathetic, but mine mastered both light and dark.

You cannot even be light and dark in KotoR or KotoR II at the sametime ,so I do not know where this is coming from .........

Edited by mefit

You cannot even be light and dark in KotoR or KotoR II so I do not know where this is coming from .........

Um yes you can, see the track on the side and the glowing fog? That's your alignment, not to mention the abilities you can have. I've gotten both Dark and Light, aand mastered both. Also don't ignore my truth aboout "canon" and "Gorgey boy".

Um yes you can, see the track on the side and the glowing fog? That's your alignment, not to mention the abilities you can have. I've gotten both Dark and Light, aand mastered both. Also don't ignore my truth aboout "canon" and "Gorgey boy".

I edited it to say "You cannot be both at the sametime" and its not Mastering it , its a moral road you picked to walk . Those abilities are not special to neither side of the road you picked . Again not Mastering anything .

You can Master FORCE LIGHTNING , uptil EU and PT is was largely believed to be a Darkside ability but that changed as it has been used by Jedi (People who walk the Path of the Light) .

I have issues with George but he did create StarWars , but even this topic doesn't need G Canon to show you you're wrong .

Several Jedi have displayed Lightning. Luke Skywalker and Plo Koon are ones that I can name off the top of my head. And you talk as if Revan is the actual Chosen One lol.

Revan was a SithLord and then a Jedi Master, and now plain out crazy .............does not mean he is the Master of Morality..................................

He learned skills and abilities that Jedi use and then learned skills and abilities the sith use . Using Sith skills and Abilities often lead you to the Darkside (Morally) and therefor it is impossible to be able to use Both . They are BUILT on a MORAL CODE . I hope that explains it better.

Fanboy Revan = all DC heros and villans + all marvel heros and villans + Chuck Norris combined into one unstoppable killing machine

Real Revan = flawed Jedi on a force yo-yo his entire career who got mixed up in stuff worthy of mention in history, nothing special

yes i played the game (I was revan like everybody else) just my .02 :)

p.s. thought this thread died a peaceful death last week???

Edited by jfirestone