Respect Revan

MasterMe

1.He was a big fish in a small pond.

2.He got all of his tactics from the mandalorians and the Sith way of doing things, he used his number of Jedi and greater army of troops to overwhelm them, not all that impressive when you really consider it.

3.You said it yourself, he was retrained into the Light Side, his new identity, the old one still had all of his previous power, Kreia also said the Exile was her greatest student and all modern day Jedi are nothing compared to the ancients, Jolee Bindo also stated that Revan and Malak were basically Sith wannabes compared to Exar Kun and Ulic-Qel Droma.

4.It's against G-canon, get to grips with that and move on, Drew's attempts to make his baby the next best thing to the Chosen One failed, he can't beat Lucas or Chee, simple, hence we know that he achieved oneness with the force, due to the description being pretty much exactly the same to the description gave for when Jacen Solo achieved oneness with the force.

Now what does Revan have that poses a significant threat to Vader, Bane or Kun? exactly, what does Vader, Bane and Kun have that would pose a serious threat to Revan? a hell of a lot.

Sorry but no. Kun and Bane would get utterly trashed. Leaving it between Revan and Vader, at that point it gets a little more tricky to pick a winner.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of a sick sense of curiosity I tried to read through this thread...and pretty much made it through most of it.

The title of this thread is "Respect Revan"?

Sounds like nerd-rage as the OP is stamping his feet and huffing and puffing and saying "Respect my hero!! He is awweethuuum!!!"

Respect Revan? uuum. no.

He just dosen't deserve it. Not that great of a character imo. All points made about the character in this thread point to this conclusion. Now, perhaps I'm saying this as an "outsider", but who did play the KotOR games and does quite like the Old Republic era EU.

But yeah, I agree also with whomever said SW canon is laughable at best. Just my 2 cents.

...*sigh*. Fanboys.

Sorry but no. Kun and Bane would get utterly trashed. Leaving it between Revan and Vader, at that point it gets a little more tricky to pick a winner.

Sorry but no Kun>Vader>Bane>Revan.

Kun was quite possibly the most proficient Niman/Jar-Kai practitioner ever and his force abilities are quite far beyond anything the others can pull off, I'd like to see any of them have the power to rebuild their own body or put the Jedi who beat Reborn Palpatine in a coma, his force blasts were made of pure Dark Side energy, something Darth Bane had literally no defence against in his duel with Darth Zannah, he also wouldn't be able to take on Kun in lightsaber combat, Niman has literally no weaknesses to exploit when you have mastered it, mix that with the unpredictability of Jar-Kai and his high proficiency with Juyo and Ataru and it makes him one of the wholesale most unpredictable and dangerous Lightsaber combatants on record, this is the guy Darth Maul idolised in his younger years as Palpatine's Sith trained assassin.

Exar Kun is the prodigy of his millennia, he was pure raw power that couldn't even be defeated by the entire Jedi Order of the day, they could only trap him Yavin IV with the most powerful Light Side ability ever known, Wall of Light.

It took the New Jedi Order to banish him to the void of the Dark Side and that was with all the students, Corran Horn, Kyp Durron and Kyle Katarn with a few other masters combined with the willpower of Luke Skywalker and Vodo-Siosk Baas.

There is a reason the Sith Warrior is called the next coming of Exar Kun, there is also a reason why the Jedi dared not do anything to anger him when he marched into the senate to free his apprentice and why he remains one of the most infamous names in Sith and Jedi history.

There are repeated times in the Knights series when people place Exar Kun cleanly over Darths Revan and Malak.

His powers only grew with time and he only had two years to harness the power of the Dark Side, the Ancient Sith crowned him the Dark lord of the Sith for a reason, this is not something they unite over lightly especially given the many times when they have outright ignored and/or attacked other powerful Sith who have travelled to their tombs.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Sorry but no Kun>Vader>Bane>Revan.

Kun was quite possibly the most proficient Niman/Jar-Kai practitioner ever and his force abilities are quite far beyond anything the others can pull off, I'd like to see any of them have the power to rebuild their own body or put the Jedi who beat Reborn Palpatine in a coma, his force blasts were made of pure Dark Side energy, something Darth Bane had literally no defence against in his duel with Darth Zannah, he also wouldn't be able to take on Kun in lightsaber combat, Niman has literally no weaknesses to exploit when you have mastered it, mix that with the unpredictability of Jar-Kai and his high proficiency with Juyo and Ataru and it makes him one of the wholesale most unpredictable and dangerous Lightsaber combatants on record, this is the guy Darth Maul idolised in his younger years as Palpatine's Sith trained assassin.

Exar Kun is the prodigy of his millennia, he was pure raw power that couldn't even be defeated by the entire Jedi Order of the day, they could only trap him Yavin IV with the most powerful Light Side ability ever known, Wall of Light.

It took the New Jedi Order to banish him to the void of the Dark Side and that was with all the students, Corran Horn, Kyp Durron and Kyle Katarn with a few other masters combined with the willpower of Luke Skywalker and Vodo-Siosk Baas.

There is a reason the Sith Warrior is called the next coming of Exar Kun, there is also a reason why the Jedi dared not do anything to anger him when he marched into the senate to free his apprentice and why he remains one of the most infamous names in Sith and Jedi history.

There are repeated times in the Knights series when people place Exar Kun cleanly over Darths Revan and Malak.

His powers only grew with time and he only had two years to harness the power of the Dark Side, the Ancient Sith crowned him the Dark lord of the Sith for a reason, this is not something they unite over lightly especially given the many times when they have outright ignored and/or attacked other powerful Sith who have travelled to their tombs.

Pretty sure Revan quite easily beats Kun's "pure dark side force blasts". There is a line the book something like "he opened himself up to the Force, letting both the light and the dark side flow through him like twin rushing rivers. Revan then released the Force in its purest form. There was brilliant flash as the air between the two combatants lit up. The energy unleashed was powerful enough to send the Emperor flying in the air in the backward direction."

Revan had a far greater understanding of the force than any Sith or Jedi of that time (I believe this it this in the book cba to look for the quote), he also uses both light and dark at the same time.

Kun would beat Bane for sure, but he would be completely overpowered by Vader. To even suggest Bane is better than Revan in anyway is quite laughable, Bane is a clown in comparison.

As for Vader and Revan I don't know I would like to say Revan could just about edge it, because he is a much wiser and far more experienced force user. Although admittedly he doesn't have the raw power and strength that Vader does, so I'm not sure, can't call that one.

Revan=Vader>Kun>Bane

Edited by RTCBrad

New Jedi order ? a few kids and new students who were not even veterans bye a few years, not to

mention Luke was still young and hadd so much to learn, this was only a few years after ROTJ.

And Kun nebver did fight Luke,what he did was done from "death" pretty hard to counter that.

Anyways my point is, in a straight up force/lightsaber fight Luke destroys Kune after maybe 60 seconds.

Kun was never a great dualist, and compared to Luke he would be a padawan.

Kun was great for his time, but he was not great by the time of Luke.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Pretty sure Revan quite easily beats Kun's "pure dark side force blasts". There is a line the book something like "he opened himself up to the Force, letting both the light and the dark side flow through him like twin rushing rivers. Revan then released the Force in its purest form. There was brilliant flash as the air between the two combatants lit up. The energy unleashed was powerful enough to send the Emperor flying in the air in the backward direction."

Congrats he achieved oneness with the force(the only logical answer as it is impossible to use both at the same time) this is not something he can control, it only happened.

Revan had a far greater understanding of the force than any Sith or Jedi of that time (I believe this it this in the book cba to look for the quote), he also uses both light and dark at the same time.

I have read the book and no such thing is said, he does not use both at the same time, the only big thing said about him is from the Exile when she claims he is the best Jedi of his time.

Kun would beat Bane for sure, but he would be completely overpowered by Vader. To even suggest Bane is better than Revan in anyway is quite laughable, Bane is a clown in comparison.

Do you actually understand how the lightsaber forms work? Djem-So is not very effective against a Niman/Jar-kai user, 1.Because Niman has no weaknesses to exploit and is the form that relies on force power, something Kun has a nuke-sized level of and 2. Because Djem-So users hate Jar-Kai practitioners because they have twice the ability to block and evade them, this is expressed in the TFU2 novel, Vader couldn't properly engage the Starkiller clone because of his Jar-Kai use, he was much too fast and unpredictable for Vader to keep up with, how do you think Vader would size up against a complete master of that technique with a much higher mastery of the Force than that clone combined with a level of Lightsaber mastery that dwarfs him as well.

what canonical knowledge gives you the idea that Bane couldn't beat Revan? He was powerful in his own time, but he wasn't even the most powerful, Bane was in his time, he could defeat Zannah who wielded a lightsaber, with his fists, he could use his lightsaber so effectively that the rain couldn't drop on him, he took out all opposition, it took his own Apprentice to defeat him and even then his Transfer technique almost saved him.

As for Vader and Revan I don't know I would like to say Revan could just about edge it, because he is a much wiser and far more experienced force user. Although admittedly he doesn't have the raw power and strength that Vader does, so I'm not sure, can't call that one.

Vader would obliterate Revan, sorry, Vader was possibly the greatest Djem-So practitioner ever, he also had one of the most impressive understandings of telekinesis ever seen and on top of that he is nearly impossible to kill, Revan never mastered a lightsaber form, he never mastered either side of the force and I think that's his greatest weakness, he flip flopped so much in his lifetime that he never peaked out with the force or lightsaber combat, the only strength that came from having knowledge of both sides was exactly that, he had a decent proficiency level of the force which allowed him to achieved oneness but he never truly mastered anything.

Revan=Vader>Kun>Bane

Kun>Vader(equal in saber combat but Kun wipes Vader with the force)>Bane(Bane is on the other end of the Banite line, he has to be weaker)>Revan(His greatest strength is his greatest downfall, he doesn't have a high enough proficiency with anything really to contend with these other three).

Just out of a sick sense of curiosity I tried to read through this thread...and pretty much made it through most of it.

The title of this thread is "Respect Revan"?

Sounds like nerd-rage as the OP is stamping his feet and huffing and puffing and saying "Respect my hero!! He is awweethuuum!!!"

Respect Revan? uuum. no.

He just dosen't deserve it. Not that great of a character imo. All points made about the character in this thread point to this conclusion. Now, perhaps I'm saying this as an "outsider", but who did play the KotOR games and does quite like the Old Republic era EU.

But yeah, I agree also with whomever said SW canon is laughable at best. Just my 2 cents.

...*sigh*. Fanboys.

I've already said myself that my initial post was rash and a bit silly. As for the title, I really just picked the word "respect" because it started with the same word as Revan. I don't think you should respect Revan, but I do think you shouldn't under-rate him as some have.

The reason I came off as angry is because I heard a lot of people mis-representing him and that did bother me a bit because I AM a fanboy.

And yes I am a nerd. But aren't we all? Seriously, if you're hanging out in the SWTOR threads, then you are a nerd to some degree.

The point of my posts has been to say that Revan isn't the pushover that some people have made him out to be.

If you didn't play the KOTOR games, then you really just couldn't understand. Not saying this as an insult, just saying that you won't be able to relate to what I'm saying.

New Jedi order ? a few kids and new students who were not even veterans bye a few years, not to

mention Luke was still young and hadd so much to learn, this was only a few years after ROTJ.

And Kun nebver did fight Luke,what he did was done from "death" pretty hard to counter that.

Anyways my point is, in a straight up force/lightsaber fight Luke destroys Kune after maybe 60 seconds.

Kun was never a great dualist, and compared to Luke he would be a padawan.

Kun was great for his time, but he was not great by the time of Luke.

What? only two years after this event Luke faced off against the most powerful incarnation of the Sith ever known, reborn Palpatine and outright flipped his pancakes in a lightsaber duel, Sidious had to resort to a Force Storm he couldn't control out of fear of dying again.

Kun attacked Luke mentally, who by now was a pretty strong-minded individual after the events of RotJ and the proceeding, Kun would not be able to defeat Grand Master Luke Skywalker but he did KO a Luke who was around 75% of that at the time.

Kun was an IMMENSE duellist with so much skill that he was revered for being so, he revolutionised lightsaber combat and beat his own master who was a very skilled Weapon Master as his padawan, he went on to master Niman to it's highest degree(which makes him a complete unknown for others as that was so rare Niman was almost an abandoned form at the time) he also used Jar-Kai in such an efficient way to where he would randomly switch off ends of his saber or shorten/lengthen his blades to completely surprise and confuse his opponents, the even weirder thing for them was that the hilt was still the same length as a regular single blade and he only used one hand to control it, letting him ambidextrously switch between them and use his immense force skills in combination.

Combine that with his strength in Telekinesis, Force Flight and Force Blast as well as force speed and you've got an overwhelmingly dangerous opponent.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Kun>Vader(equal in saber combat but Kun wipes Vader with the force)>Bane(Bane is on the other end of the Banite line, he has to be weaker)>Revan(His greatest strength is his greatest downfall, he doesn't have a high enough proficiency with anything really to contend with these other three).

I would disagree with this. The reason Revan doesn't seem to be in the same ball park as these guys is because a lot of his powers haven't been specified.

But I don't want to get into this sort of comparison argument, but I will argue (with canon) that Revan IS in the same ball park as these guys and that they wouldn't canonically wipe the floor with Revan. They could arguably beat him, but to say that they'd wipe the floor with him wouldn't be true, so please don't say that.

I would disagree with this. The reason Revan doesn't seem to be in the same ball park as these guys is because a lot of his powers haven't been specified.

But I don't want to get into this sort of comparison argument, but I will argue (with canon) that Revan IS in the same ball park as these guys and that they wouldn't canonically wipe the floor with Revan. They could arguably beat him, but to say that they'd wipe the floor with him wouldn't be true, so please don't say that.

I don't think they all automatically defeat him, but if he were to win it would not be in a straight up balls to the wall fight, I think he loses regardless here, he'd have to use unconventional tactics to evade and make hit and run attacks against them, even then I'm skeptical.

Revan=Vader>Kun>Bane

You're exadurating a good bit. Your argument is fine, but to say that "suggesting that Bane could beat Revan is luaghable" is unfair. Bane and Revan are canonically very close in power. So to say that one is obviously better then the other would be wrong.

Of course not, Revan was a great dualist, if he was fighting Malgus on Alderaan and not Satele i'm pretty sure he would have wonn.Satele is to the jedi that Kun was to the Sith, strong in the force but not a great dualist.

Revan unlike Kun proved himself in lightsaber combat multiple times unlike Kun who could not een beat Ulic Qel-Dromain in combat and he was just another Sith.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

I don't think they all automatically defeat him, but if he were to win it would not be in a straight up balls to the wall fight, I think he loses regardless here, he'd have to use unconventional tactics to evade and make hit and run attacks against them, even then I'm skeptical.

Alright then, no arguments here.

Just remember that he is very capable of of using these "unconventional tactics" that you speak of. I feel confident that he's got the brains needed to stay alive in this fight.

Of course not, Revan was a great dualist, if he was fighting Malgus on Alderaan and not Satele i'm pretty sure he would have wonn.Satele is to the jedi that Kun was to the Sith, strong in the force but not a great dualist.

Revan unlike Kun proved himself in lightsaber combat multiple times unlike Kun who could not een beat Ulic Qel-Dromain combat and he was just another Sith.

*Epic facepalm* It's clear you never read Tales of the Jedi nor understand the TOR storyline.

1.Of course Revan would beat a Sith lord level Malgus, he was not even close to his prime during Alderaan, it's much later on during FE that he is truly frightening.

2.What the hell are you talking about? *facepalm* Exar Kun was an absolute prodigy in Lightsaber combat unrivalled in his time.

3.You clearly don't understand the timeline of the Great Sith War either, the Exar Kun that Ulic duelled was only just turned Dark Side, Ulic wouldn't stand a chance and nor would any Jedi of that era against prime Exar Kun, they didn't even try to face him.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

What? only two years after this event Luke faced off against the most powerful incarnation of the Sith ever known, reborn Palpatine and outright flipped his pancakes in a lightsaber duel, Sidious had to resort to a Force Storm he couldn't control out of fear of dying again.

Kun attacked Luke mentally, who by now was a pretty strong-minded individual after the events of RotJ and the proceeding, Kun would not be able to defeat Grand Master Luke Skywalker but he did KO a Luke who was around 75% of that at the time.

Kun was an IMMENSE duellist with so much skill that he was revered for being so, he revolutionised lightsaber combat and beat his own master who was a very skilled Weapon Master as his padawan, he went on to master Niman to it's highest degree(which makes him a complete unknown for others as that was so rare Niman was almost an abandoned form at the time) he also used Jar-Kai in such an efficient way to where he would randomly switch off ends of his saber or shorten/lengthen his blades to completely surprise and confuse his opponents, the even weirder thing for them was that the hilt was still the same length as a regular single blade and he only used one hand to control it, letting him ambidextrously switch between them and use his immense force skills in combination.

Combine that with his strength in Telekinesis, Force Flight and Force Blast as well as force speed and you've got an overwhelmingly dangerous opponent.

I think you are seriously overestimating both Kun and Bane while not giving fair credit to the other two.

Kun was powerful yes, more so than Bane almost certainly. If Kun were to fight GM Luke he would last 1 second if that, Luke would rush toward Kun and kill him before he even had the time to think.

Kun would simply not have a chance against Vader or Revan. Revan can and does use both sides of the force in balance. As for lightsaber forms honestly I don't remember if it even comments on Revan's lightsaber form in the book or how well he or didn't master it. We do know that Revan was the greatest lightsaber duelist of his time and there were A LOT of Jedi around in Revan's time so there can be no doubt that he was a fantastic duelist, by any standards.

Vader was so tremendously strong, fast and of course had the strongest connection to the force of anyone. I can concede that Revan could lose to Vader, but I seriously doubt would he lose to Kun or Bane.

There are very few force users that could so easily overpower a member of the dark council and go toe to toe with Vitiate.

These sort of discussions are tough though, because in fairness we really don't know nearly as much detail about Revan as we do the other three. Revan is certainly up there though with the most powerful force users. I guess we can hope eventually BioWare will actually elaborate on Revan in terms of his power, abilities, lightsaber forms etc.

Edited by RTCBrad

Revan unlike Kun proved himself in lightsaber combat multiple times unlike Kun who could not een beat Ulic Qel-Dromain in combat and he was just another Sith.

It seems there is some speculation here.

But I would 100% agree with you that Revan has proved himself. Just look all the opponents he faced and beaten:

Darth Bandon (this was far before Revan's prime)

2 terentaks (at the same time and singl-handedly - these guys were powerful)

enitre Sith acadamy on Korriban

Bastila Shan (with the power of the Star Forge)

Darth Malak (with power of Star Forge AND several lifes to feed on)

- I'm sure there are others, but I'm short on time and I've got to go

*Epic facepalm* It's clear you never read Tales of the Jedi nor understand the TOR storyline.

1.Of course Revan would beat a Sith lord level Malgus, he was not even close to his prime during Alderaan, it's much later on during FE that he is truly frightening.

Invalid point.

2.What the hell are you talking about? *facepalm* Exar Kun was an absolute prodigy in Lightsaber combat unrivalled in his time.

Mention just 1 great dualist he actually did deafeat ? other then other jedi while training in the temple.

3.You clearly don't understand the timeline of the Great Sith War either, the Exar Kun that Ulic duelled was only just turned Dark Side, Ulic wouldn't stand a chance and nor would any Jedi of that era against prime Exar Kun, they didn't even try to face him.

You do understand the dark side is not stronger right ? just works in different ways etc ?

Not saying Kun was not very powerful, but he was not a great dualist against others who would come later.

Was he the best of his time, yes i'm sure he was.But as i said,Revan have proven himself many times as a dualist unlike Kun.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

I think you are seriously overestimating both Kun and Bane while not giving fair credit to the other two, from your posts it certainly seems like you have an attachment of sorts to Kun.

Kun was powerful yes, more so than Bane almost certainly. If Kun were to fight GM Luke he would last 1 second if that, Luke would rush toward Kun and kill him before he even had the time to think.

Kun would simply not have a chance against Vader or Revan. Revan can and does use both sides of the force in balance. As for lightsaber forms honestly I don't remember if it even comments on Revan's lightsaber form in the book or how well he or didn't master it. We do know that Revan was the greatest lightsaber duelist of his time and there were A LOT of Jedi around in Revan's time so there can be no doubt that he was a fantastic duelist, by any standards.

Vader was so tremendously strong, fast and of course had the strongest connection to the force of anyone. I can concede that Revan could lose to Vader, but no way would he lose to Kun or Bane.

There are very few force users that could so easily overpower a member of the dark council and go toe to toe with Vitiate.

I think YOU are the one who is underestimating severely the strength of quite easily the most powerful Sith of the Old Sith Wars (not including Nihilus as he's one massive unknown) and the Sith'Ari himself, which in an instant should speak volumes.

It is impossible to use both sides of the force, this is WORD OF GOD canon, not just G-Canon but from the words of the creator himself where Star Wars is concerned, the only other explanation is that he had a moment of oneness with the force, that's it.

We don't know exactly what his lightsaber form is at all, but we do know it has never been stated that he mastered a lightsaber form, no one of that particular time was known to have mastered a lightsaber form, not even Malak who is stated to have been the best duellist of his day, it's obvious that Revan must have defeated him with the force, which is not something Malak is listed as terribly powerful with, there are no canon statements that list Revan as the greatest lightsaber duellist of his day, none at all, that is hyperbole, next you'll be using the 'heart of the force' statement.

Revan defeated a Nyriss who was totally off-guard and was merely using a force lightning attack because she clearly feared for her life at this point, all Revan did was redirect her power back at her, when he faced Vitiate he got steam-rolled even with the force on his side, it took both T3 and the Exile to save him.

There seems to be a bit of speculation here.

But I 100% agree with you that Revan has proved himself. Here are just a few of the people/things he's beaten:

- Mandalore the Ultimate

- a Rancor (take this any way you want)

- Juhani (this may not mean much, but Revan was far from his prime at this time)

- Darth Bandon (Revan was far from his prime at this time)

- 2 terentaks (at the same time and single-handedly)

- the entire Sith acadamy of Korriban

- Bastila Shan (with the power of the Star Forge)

- Darth Malak (with the power of the Star Forge AND several lives to drain)

- Darth Nyriss (she may be the most powerful Sith he faced - and he slaughtered her)

Doubtlessly an impressive list

Not saying Kun was not very powerful, but he was not a great dualist against others who would come later.

Was he the best of his time, yes i'm sure he was.But as i said,Revan have proven himself many times as a dualist unlike Kun.

What are you on about? of course it is relevant, Malgus at Alderaan during the Great Galactic War wasn't even close to as powerful as the Malgus seen at the onset of the Second Great Galactic War almost two decades later.

He defeated his own master a vaunted Weapon Master with hundreds of years of experience, who is also listed in the power of the Jedi sourcebook as one of the best weapon masters in the Order's history and he killed Odan-Urr who had a very strong connection to the Light Side of the Force, it was him having killed these two that jedi like Nomi Sunrider didn't even bother to attempt to take him on when he attacked Coruscant and rescued Ulic-Qel Droma.

Of course the Dark Side isn't more powerful, but clearly you have failed to understand my point, Exar Kun was not near his prime, not even close, he got crowned as Dark Lord only after it by Marka Ragnos himself, Exar Kun became far more powerful later on.

And how did Revan prove himself exactly? he beat Mandalore, well done, Kun's apprentice killed another. He beat Terentateks, yeh Odile Vaiken as a teenager with a blaster killed another one. He beat Malak's apprentice Bandon, well done, he defeated Bastila Shan twice, that's not exactly impressive either as her only true claim to fame is being with Revan and having Battle Meditation, then he defeated Malak who was enhanced with the Star Forge, whilst Revan himself was enhanced by Bastla's BM.

Fantastic record, really shines out, when none of them are claimed to be extremely skilled duellists besides Malak himself and that was only in his day as the Dark Lord.

I think YOU are the one who is underestimating severely the strength of quite easily the most powerful Sith of the Old Sith Wars (not including Nihilus as he's one massive unknown) and the Sith'Ari himself, which in an instant should speak volumes.

It is impossible to use both sides of the force, this is WORD OF GOD canon, not just G-Canon but from the words of the creator himself where Star Wars is concerned, the only other explanation is that he had a moment of oneness with the force, that's it.

We don't know exactly what his lightsaber form is at all, but we do know it has never been stated that he mastered a lightsaber form, no one of that particular time was known to have mastered a lightsaber form, not even Malak who is stated to have been the best duellist of his day, it's obvious that Revan must have defeated him with the force, which is not something Malak is listed as terribly powerful with, there are no canon statements that list Revan as the greatest lightsaber duellist of his day, none at all, that is hyperbole, next you'll be using the 'heart of the force' statement.

Revan defeated a Nyriss who was totally off-guard and was merely using a force lightning attack because she clearly feared for her life at this point, all Revan did was redirect her power back at her, when he faced Vitiate he got steam-rolled even with the force on his side, it took both T3 and the Exile to save him.

Well I'm about 100% percent sure it does say he was not the only best duelist of his time but also the most powerful Jedi. I'll have a look later on, when I have more time.

Nyriss poured as much of her power into that force lightning as she possibly could, it was her ultimate, that was the absolute best she could muster and she was about to kill both the exile and scourge before Revan stepped in and shut her down in the space of 5 seconds. The only mistake Revan made was underestimating the strength of the lightning attacks from the Emperor until then Revan had the upper hand if anything.

I'm fairly that it doesn't anywhere anything about the Jedi in Revan's time not mastering any forms. Just because the details are few and far between doesn't = they never mastered them. Revan has proven himself countless times as a lightsaber duelist this is quite evident by the fact no-one has ever defeated him in a lightsaber duel.

I also don't believe it says anywhere that he can't use both sides and if it does it directly conflicts with what the book says, then it's case of which canon do you like more. Revan was above light and dark he understood the most powerful way to use the force was to be in balance with it, not to cling to light or to the dark.

Well I'm about 100% percent sure it does say he was not the only best duelist of his time but also the most powerful Jedi. I'll have a look later on, when I have more time.

Nyriss poured as much of her power into that force lightning as she possibly could, it was her ultimate, that was the absolute best she could muster and she was about to kill both the exile and scourge before Revan stepped in and shut her down in the space of 5 seconds. The only mistake Revan made was underestimating the strength of the lightning attacks from the Emperor until then Revan had the upper hand if anything.

I'm fairly that it doesn't anywhere anything about the Jedi in Revan's time not mastering any forms. Just because the details are few and far between doesn't = they never mastered them. Revan has proven himself countless times as a lightsaber duelist this is quite evident by the fact no-one has ever defeated him in a lightsaber duel.

I also don't believe it says anywhere that he can't use both sides and if it does it directly conflicts with what the book says, then it's case of which canon do you like more. Revan was above light and dark he understood the most powerful way to use the force was to be in balance with it, not to cling to light or to the dark.

I suggest re-reading the poorly written, plot-hole creating novel then.

It doesn't say anything at all about who could do what with a lightsaber but the fact remains that none of the Jedi/Sith from the KotOR series are listed as having mastered any lightsaber forms.

It is word of god canon from George Lucas that nobody can use both sides of the force, fact, get over it, his canon is so far higher than anything Karpyshyn wrote that he didn't even put his characters in the Mortis trilogy.

Wasn't the lightning directed at Revan? With her aware of him being there? Although I could very well be remembering this wrong.