Roll back the client to 1.3

Boozek

Very simple solution, roll back to 1.3 and release 1.4 once you've tested it thoroughly. We shouldn't be paying for beta.

It's great that you have made some headway for sli users, but how about us folks that use AMD? If you cant fix the issue after a week, a rollback to an older client will at least allow us to play the game as intended.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I like the idea the chances of a rollback are on par with being a single winner of a mega lottery, and since some feel, and I tend to agree, that 1.4 was pushed live on directions of the corporate masters to coincide with the WoW release ... I guess EA/Bioware execs are frightened by assassin pandas or whatever it was.

As much as I like the idea the chances of a rollback are on par with being a single winner of a mega lottery, and since some feel, and I tend to agree, that 1.4 was pushed live on directions of the corporate masters to coincide with the WoW release ... I guess EA/Bioware execs are frightened by assassin pandas or whatever it was.

By releasing this absolute disgrace of a patch, EA/Bioware have made assassin pandas look very inviting.

Exactly what they were trying to avoid in the first place.

Bioware seems to be run by a bunch of donkeys with their brains kicked out.

By releasing this absolute disgrace of a patch, EA/Bioware have made assassin pandas look very inviting.

Exactly what they were trying to avoid in the first place.

Bioware seems to be run by a bunch of donkeys with their brains kicked out.

ROFL!

Id like to just be able to log in and play, every week there seems to be some new drama created by crappy patches or server merges.

/sign

Edited by Otti_Opao

Rolling back isn't really an option with something this complex, they can only make a new version.

This. It's too late.

Also most people are not having any issues.

I doubt that. Many of the acknowledged issues affect all schematics, or all crew missions, and so on. I also haven't heard of a single person without graphics issues, even if they're slight.

The game may be playable for most, but that's a different claim.

Rolling back isn't really an option with something this complex, they can only make a new version.

I bet you be surprised on how many are having issues atm my guild has over half it members crashing to the desktop with the same error in raids randomly. That's 12 people of a 25 man raid guild this all started 1.4. We all tested are hardware found nothing wrong with those systems.

Edited by Neoforcer

This. It's too late.

I doubt that. Many of the acknowledged issues affect all schematics, or all crew missions, and so on. I also haven't heard of a single person without graphics issues, even if they're slight.

The game may be playable for most, but that's a different claim.

I don't have any graphics problems at all, also my FPS has increased by quite a lot. Same with most people in my guild.

Not having issues and not noticing the issues are two different things. A friend of mine was over the other day and he plays tor as well and says he has no problem with the new patch. I show him my system and the obvious stuttering problem and he just looks at me like I'm nuts. He honestly doesn't see the stutter and thinks everything is normal. So my thought is that his system probably has the same issues, he just doesn't notice them...

Not having issues and not noticing the issues are two different things. A friend of mine was over the other day and he plays tor as well and says he has no problem with the new patch. I show him my system and the obvious stuttering problem and he just looks at me like I'm nuts. He honestly doesn't see the stutter and thinks everything is normal. So my thought is that his system probably has the same issues, he just doesn't notice them...

If this were a virus, or a mutation-it'd perfectly possible for someone to carry-but not express it. The same goes for certain kinds of software code it's totaly possible to cary something but not express it (google almost anything for HTML 5 and ie for an example of this)

In TOR- if it's the same problematic code (or potentialy problematic stuff) on some peoples system they aren't expressing the issues (or if they are not as much)-

If this were a virus, or a mutation-it'd perfectly possible for someone to carry-but not express it. The same goes for certain kinds of software code it's totaly possible to cary something but not express it (google almost anything for HTML 5 and ie for an example of this)

In TOR- if it's the same problematic code (or potentialy problematic stuff) on some peoples system they aren't expressing the issues (or if they are not as much)-

True but when you format a new system and put a new copy of windows with all updated patches and software the issue is still there then were does the problem lie. If all hardware is tested to be a know good?

True but when you format a new system and put a new copy of windows with all updated patches and software the issue is still there then were does the problem lie. If all hardware is tested to be a know good?

wich was also me agreing with you that the code base to TOR for 1.4 is fundimentally flawed-

They said this in January.

Kept up a steady drumbeat of "no issues" through the Spring, on into the Summer, and on into Fall now.

Now they number in the low 100,000's, when they used to be 2 million+ strong.

None are so blind, as those that cannot see.

They said this in January.

Kept up a steady drumbeat of "no issues" through the Spring, on into the Summer, and on into Fall now.

Now they number in the low 100,000's, when they used to be 2 million+ strong.

None are so blind, as those that cannot see.

"I see I see said the blind man"

Edit: I for one think the relationship should be reversed: being as this is a beta product we should be payed by EA not be paying ea to test a beta product. I still agre 100% of roll back to 1.3 (but maybe keep the new OPs)

Edited by xorv