My respec costs 36550 credits now

Skaarrj

Yeah lets spend hundreds of hours doing the same stuff on another of the SAME character just with a different spec. Makes perfect sense....Why don't I just walk to my brother house 1200 miles away as well instead of just calling him. Cause I mean time is free and all right?

You are forgetting that a lot of the game is different for each class... Different classes can be healers... Not to mention different pets...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the more reason for me not to go healing on my trooper. I want to solo without being bored to tears. But I am not going to pay BS amounts of in game money when I already pay enough real money.

It needs to have a reasonable level related cap and diminish every few days.

Well, 36k is nuts. Bioware will have to cap the amount. The majority of people hardly want a 10 year old version of one of those grindy-#$% messes. I am sick of hearing the nonsense about that games should have pain and work. No. No to all the people starting that mess about your experience with some 10 year old UO or grindquest or all the rest. Nobody wants that junk.

I'd really just stop arguing with him for your own sanity Aesth. I'm convinced this guy is a troll or just really really dull. Maybe he gets enjoyment from watching grass grow and paint drying as well? Mean he loves the idea of people wasting huge amounts of time for no reason

Thanks, I needed that. I'm out of here! :D

Time is money in the eyes of EA.

Then they'd know I'd walk away from a game after a month of dealing with it nowadays. If I still had to deal with that in wow I'd be gone as well. Cause no way in hell I would level or quest as a healer again.

Keep me happy I stay, don't keep me happy I walk. Easy enough, I still play wow and would have no issue just going back to playing that exclusively if I had too.

This might just be an overall design issue with the game. So far it seems like the game has been tailored to a difficulty level where almost any spec choice when played correctly can beat the content.

If you start allowing dual spec or tri spec, then you have to start making content that really plays to the three pillars of dps/tank/healing roles. More than that you'll have to make that content more difficult as the specs will become tested and the best dps/hps/mitigation specs and rotations will become commonplace and if the content was not made more difficult the player base would lose interest.

Then after making it more difficult you'll have to find a way to have multiple difficulty levels to accommodate different player skill levels as some people are just better/faster/more aware than others and the difference in skill is enough to trivialize content for some while making it impossible for others.

By this time you will end up with a talent system in which there is no choice anymore in what to spec. There will be one heal spec, one tank spec, one dps spec, and anyone doing it differently will be doing it wrong. The thing that started as freedom in the game becomes a shackle, and you end up deciding to get rid of talents altogether and just give your players a prebuilt spec and pandas.

Now, i'm not saying that this is the actual though process BW went through to arrive at the idea of not having macros, recount, dual spec, etc. But, I can see how the argument works, and BW did once endorse the idea of having viable hybrid specs, which can't happen if the game content has to be tailored to cookie cut specs.

I'm personally on the fence here. I like the idea of switching specs quickly and cheaply to fit the situation, but if everyone is in the same boat of having only one spec then I also don't feel like i'll ever be out classed in any setting either. I don't have any answers, just thought I would share a possible design logic BW might be working with.

How can you interpret a dev response that says we WANT to add it in...

as meaning its definitely being added?

Like I said I want to win the lottery, the word want does not mean will.

Because they have direct control over what they want, and will eventually commit to what they want.

I want to leave work for the day. I can't do it now because I have other obligations, but as soon as my ****'s in order, you can bet your bottom dollar I'm going to do what I want.

Perhaps that is a better analogy to the very simple scenario we have here... ;)

All the more reason for me not to go healing on my trooper. I want to solo without being bored to tears. But I am not going to pay BS amounts of in game money when I already pay enough real money.

It needs to have a reasonable level related cap and diminish every few days.

Thats exactly why I'm not healing spec. I have to give up my ability to do any other form of content to be able to heal for Flashpoints and PVP. If I go DPS I don't give up anything, I can do all forms of content well. The downside is eventually I'm gonna need a group with a healer, at least then the choice to do it or not is in my hands to switch, but I sure as hell won't give up my ability to solo to stay in that spec all the time.

I mean ultimately I don't care, its not really me thats gonna get punished. I can still play and do what I want because the choice is in my hands to respec or not even if it is expensive. My choice based on how the game plays and what there is to do is that I will not even consider going a healing spec again until 50, or maybe once or twice after my respec costs reset each week. The only people who get punished are the people who can no longer do a Flashpoint or group content because there is now one less healer.

If they give everyone the ability to be whatever spec they want to be at any given time with no REAL punishment then the developers don't know what they are doing.

At level 50 there's 4 choices for any class. Example : Jedi Guardian. I can be tank, tanky DPS melee, tanky dps with force skills, or hybrid builds. You give Dual spec I can easily pick the best two and roll with 'em. Game breaking. Economy killing. Fun killing. Unique-ness killing. Critical thinking skills killing.

People ask for easy buttons in every aspect of life. Tough ****, Learn to critically think and come up with a hybrid healing/dps spec that allows you to do flashpoints and dps.

My brother did it as a smuggler, so can you... you just gotta THINK. You don't need every healing ability to heal flashpoints, it's easy if you're any good. Play the game and quit asking for silver plates with all the required skill handed to you.

Part of the fun for us people who actually think in creating their builds is making better builds then people who don't think... and beating those people at the game because of it. You have to work in life to be good at it, just like you have to work in the game and apply yourself to be good at it. If you don't want to apply yourself then don't expect to be any good.. or don't expect the devs to be somehow obligated to make you better.

Oh and for you people who are complaining about leveling as a healer, build a hybrid spec.

It works.

Ron Paul 2012

-GS

Edited by GeneralSpecific

This might just be an overall design issue with the game. So far it seems like the game has been tailored to a difficulty level where almost any spec choice when played correctly can beat the content.

If you start allowing dual spec or tri spec, then you have to start making content that really plays to the three pillars of dps/tank/healing roles. More than that you'll have to make that content more difficult as the specs will become tested and the best dps/hps/mitigation specs and rotations will become commonplace and if the content was not made more difficult the player base would lose interest.

Then after making it more difficult you'll have to find a way to have multiple difficulty levels to accommodate different player skill levels as some people are just better/faster/more aware than others and the difference in skill is enough to trivialize content for some while making it impossible for others.

By this time you will end up with a talent system in which there is no choice anymore in what to spec. There will be one heal spec, one tank spec, one dps spec, and anyone doing it differently will be doing it wrong. The thing that started as freedom in the game becomes a shackle, and you end up deciding to get rid of talents altogether and just give your players a prebuilt spec and pandas.

Now, i'm not saying that this is the actual though process BW went through to arrive at the idea of not having macros, recount, dual spec, etc. But, I can see how the argument works, and BW did once endorse the idea of having viable hybrid specs, which can't happen if the game content has to be tailored to cookie cut specs.

I'm personally on the fence here. I like the idea of switching specs quickly and cheaply to fit the situation, but if everyone is in the same boat of having only one spec then I also don't feel like i'll ever be out classed in any setting either. I don't have any answers, just thought I would share a possible design logic BW might be working with.

Have you done a higher level Flashpoint? There is no way you are healing one of those without certain key skills. Try healing HK-47 without a healer spec and then tell me the game doesn't require it.

I don't know, I do pretty well as a healer leveling, probably would be faster as DPS but I kind of enjoy that I can solo a lot of heroic content as a Sage :)

Though 36K does seem a bit... excessive but seeing as I'm 23 and have 70K credits I can see that at a higher level that would be a good credit dump.

People do realize it goes down over time. The OP is just doing it over and over in a shortened period of time. If he was only respeccing once a week, it wouldn't be an issue. There are some rumors, that your respec is free if you haven't done one in a week.

Because they have direct control over what they want, and will eventually commit to what they want.

I want to leave work for the day. I can't do it now because I have other obligations, but as soon as my ****'s in order, you can bet your bottom dollar I'm going to do what I want.

Perhaps that is a better analogy to the very simple scenario we have here... ;)

Your logic is flawed.

They already said once it was NOT being added.

Now they say they WANT to add it.

No commitment, no decision either way as yet.

They could easily change their mind back to their original train of thought and say its not being added like they did originally...cus you know, they are in control like you said.

Driz

You are forgetting that a lot of the game is different for each class... Different classes can be healers... Not to mention different pets...

Thats lovely if I didn't enjoy both aspects of my IA. I don't care about the other classes or have any interest in playing them in a serious end game sense

They could easily change their mind back to their original train of thought and say its not being added like they did originally...cus you know, they are in control like you said.

Yes, because the amount of backlash they will receive is worth nurturing your epeen. :rolleyes:

How did people ever live and play the game of WoW before dual spec was introduced?

Simple: It was easy.

Oh and you didn't have companions to do damage for you so you can heal them.

Try being a tank character where it's near impossible to solo elite boss NPC's in world PvE.

Quit crying that EVERY aspect of your character isn't easy. It's not easy for me either as a jedi guardian.

You healers can let your companions do the damage and heal them, I have to try and taunt switch with my droid to kill bosses, and yes most of the time I manage to kill them.. which makes me feel good knowing I overcame a challenge.

Your logic is flawed.

They already said once it was NOT being added.

Now they say they WANT to add it.

No commitment, no decision either way as yet.

Driz

And when subs drop because the vast majority aren't healing or tanking, guess whats going to happen. Oh right they'll start adding features that have been added in another big named mmo. Because ya know, they've been down this road and all. Your logic is flawed on wanting to kill off your own community in a game just because.

Think about vanilla wow. 50 gold, was a a full days work back then. Maybe 2 days depending on what you're doing. From what Im seeing at level 19, if you have to spend 50K a pop at level 50, that seems about right.

if there is no cap and it keeps going up, thats not good. 3 expansions from now we'll be spending 2.5 billion a respec.

Yes, lets use examples of a game that came out in 2004. The industry hasn't changed or matured at all since then.

Without the ability to click-cast or at least use mouseover targeting, I do not find healing that fun even though I usually go the healing route in MMOs. I heal when grouped with my friends/guildies but otherwise, I'll be DPS.

I wouldn't mind having specs extremely expensive to change if everything works well and is nicely balanced. With the poor state the UI is in for support classes, personally - I think respecs should be free. As it is right now, I probably won't heal that much outside of guild functions.

To get me to be a full time healer, a few things would need to be changed.

1.) Click casting or mouseover targeting. This is non-negotiable. I do not want addons but I have no desire to essentially have to click twice for each heal/dispel.

2.) Better visibility of debuffs on player frames (highlighting).

3.) Companions having better AoE agro AI / Abilities. As it is, my companion does great at keeping 1 mob off me - though even while DPS'ing, I almost always have 2 of the 4 mob pack beating on me. I can only imagine the beating I would take if I was primarily healing my companion and letting him do most of the damage.

Have you done a higher level Flashpoint? There is no way you are healing one of those without certain key skills. Try healing HK-47 without a healer spec and then tell me the game doesn't require it.

I haven't done HK-47 yet (i am lvl 32 but specced pure healing btw on my SI), but i was hearing that he was bugged and 2 shotting people while doing over 3000dps. My roommate is a BH tank. I take Kem Val and he brings Mako to every fight and between all of the various shields and cooldowns and proper technique we've "2 manned" with our companions making up the other 2 slots everything. Only heroics I've skipped were when I was already ready to leave the planet.

That's why I can't speak for BW. My personal experience to date is limited. I can only guess based on how they built the game and what they have said so far.

Trying to raid as a tank and trying to enjoy pvp was horrible for some games. Took some of those companies years to get a clue. Why would anyone hold working/grinding in a game as a badge of honor? Grinding out Marshal rank in protection to avoid respec costs is hardly enjoyable.

I haven't done HK-47 yet (i am lvl 32 but specced pure healing btw on my SI), but i was hearing that he was bugged and 2 shotting people while doing over 3000dps. My roommate is a BH tank. I take Kem Val and he brings Mako to every fight and between all of the various shields and cooldowns and proper technique we've "2 manned" with our companions making up the other 2 slots everything. Only heroics I've skipped were when I was already ready to leave the planet.

That's why I can't speak for BW. My personal experience to date is limited. I can only guess based on how they built the game and what they have said so far.

Yeah I was posting about him possibly being bugged but today he was behaving normally and only firing 3 snipes in a row. Even with him working properly he is not healable without a heal spec.

The Foundry was really the first flashpoint where I felt a healing spec was needed. Ever since then they've all been that hard.

Heroics are a joke, I can solo Heroic 4s still at 40. Flashpoints which spike damage are another story. You just don't have the throughput without the healing spec as a Merc to be able to lay the heals on when you need to.

Edited by Lightmgl

Honestly, you don't have to respec. You chose to respec.. It shouldn't be easy or cheap to flip flop back and forth between any spec as a single character. It straight out kills diversity in the game.

This is a nice summary of what is wrong in the world.

I would say that to all those ************ about our skill tree system is fine, are liars! Don't tell me that when you played wow you only had the one spec, and never bought duel spec. EVERYONE had duel spec. It was a huge success for wow, people that never wanted to heal, started trying it out( big bonus for a mmo, when people start venturing out of their comfort zones and start playing around with their toons. I know for myself when I played wow as soon as duel spec came out, I made a pally a tank/healer ( never healed, always tanked) and let me tell you, I found it to be soooooooooooo much fun healing, but otherwise would have never tried it if it weren't for duel spec! peace to all you naysayers!

I would say that to all those ************ about our skill tree system is fine, are liars! Don't tell me that when you played wow you only had the one spec, and never bought duel spec. EVERYONE had duel spec. It was a huge success for wow, people that never wanted to heal, started trying it out( big bonus for a mmo, when people start venturing out of their comfort zones and start playing around with their toons. I know for myself when I played wow as soon as duel spec came out, I made a pally a tank/healer ( never healed, always tanked) and let me tell you, I found it to be soooooooooooo much fun healing, but otherwise would have never tried it if it weren't for duel spec! peace to all you naysayers!

thank you for posting this, need all the help we can get on this. Feel like I'm knee deep in drool from half the people in this thread.